Old 09-28-2012, 07:54 PM   #11

Smile 290 chairs

Quote:
Originally Posted by RattVader View Post
Yep,DW found out on that one.We bought different recliner/rockers and keep the right one were it is and switch the right dining room chairs to the left rocker position and it fits right nice back by the table.A little work but once you get a routine worked out,nothing to it!
We are interested in which chairs you bought. When you say leave the right one where it is, this as you stand looking forward, correct? Would really like to know detains of what you do. You might just save my back!

2011 F250 6.7L Diesel 4X4 CC SB
Nikon Camera
Old Geek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 08:19 PM   #12

First off you have the 290 which is somewhat shorter than our 320.So not sure how much space we're talking about.That being said we did some measuring and found some at least I would say smallish recliners from a furniture store,Haverty's. They are a chain store and may be down your way.They were a perfect fit and the backs detach from the bottom so they were easy to get through the door.

Steve & Sue
2011 Crusader 320RLT
2008 Dodge Ram 3500 (CTD) DRW 4x4
RattVader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 08:24 PM   #13

That's our problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by RattVader View Post
First off you have the 290 which is somewhat shorter than our 320.So not sure how much space we're talking about.That being said we did some measuring and found some at least I would say smallish recliners from a furniture store,Haverty's. They are a chain store and may be down your way.They were a perfect fit and the backs detach from the bottom so they were easy to get through the door.
The 290 has very limited space on the left rear as you face the rear. That chair has to be turned sideways where ir sits in front of the rear window. I'm not sure we can find one that narrow to fit there. We do have Haverty's. your idea of moving the right chair, as you face the rear, to where the dinging chairs are just may work. I will try that tomorrow. Thanks for the tip.
2011 F250 6.7L Diesel 4X4 CC SB
Nikon Camera
Old Geek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 08:48 PM   #14

Wife says they are called Sydney swivel rockers.Not sure if they still make them.Hope that helps!

Steve & Sue
2011 Crusader 320RLT
2008 Dodge Ram 3500 (CTD) DRW 4x4
RattVader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 12:54 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Geek View Post
We are interested in which chairs you bought. When you say leave the right one where it is, this as you stand looking forward, correct? Would really like to know detains of what you do. You might just save my back!
Hi!
I sure appreciate the hassles of the original rockers on the 290! At first, I strapped the right rocker down on the bed-sofa for travel, the squeezed it in behind the dinette, and strapped the two lighter chairs on the sofa.

Kathy and I saw a pair very well-made teak & leather Ekornes (Norwegian) recliners at Nebraska Furniture Mart and bought them to replace the original swivel rockers.
Nebraska Furniture Mart or
Nebraska Furniture Mart

They are very pricy but very comfortable and they are used all the time at home, too... and my old one was shot. One stows sideways on the left and the other squeezes into the space behind the dinette. No worries, as these are half the weight of the originals! These are easy to stow.

We have also taken to leaving two of the dinette chairs behind, as we found we were never using them. With the 2 recliners, the sofa and the 2 dinette chairs there is still lots of seating.

2012 Crusader 290RLT TE, TrailAir flex pin: 2012 Toyota Tundra 5.7 SR5 Dbl cab 4X2 Tow, 4.30 gears, RideRite air, TRD cold-air induction & dual exhaust: Reese 16K Slider: TST tpms
Miles towed to date: 18,950 Nights camped 192
J_KHawthorne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 05:17 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by richwebb View Post
Hi everyone, I am new to this forum. It's got great information here. I am interested in the prime time crusader 5th wheel. There is a couple models I'm looking at. If anyone that has either the 290RLT or the 295RST models please give me any feedback you can. I have a few questions about them.

1) how well are they insulated? I've looked all over for this information and have got nothing. I don't often camp in cold weather, just for our Canadian thanksgiving is usually the last trip. It can get down to freezing. So how well insulated are the tanks?

2) how well build are they compared to other model's.

3) how pleased are you with your crusader? What do you like, dislike about it. Any real problems with it?

4) how is the warranty handled? Any problems dealing with warranty?
Thanks in advance for all the information.
Richard.
Hi
I was wondering if you made your decision? We are looking at trading our Tracer 230FBS TT for the Crusader 295 RST.
Also: If anyone else has a suggestion we would have to get a truck and I was wondering about a F150? I see the tow ratings on Ford's website but I was wondering if the 6.2L is the way to go or if the 5.0L would be enough.
Mike
Jeep 5.7L Cherokee
Tracer 230 FBS
Old 12-24-2012, 11:54 PM   #17

We have a 290RLT and it seems to be insulated well, we have been out in 20f and the unit was tight and stayed heated well over night and all worked good. All in all a nice 5ver. and we tow it with a 2011 F150 With a 5.0 3.73 gear ratio, it tows real good plenty of power stops great and i get 11 mpg. I am at the max though for GCWR @14900 lbs. But it does not feel like that towing very stable. If i had known we getting a fith wheel I would have gotten the max tow f150 W 17100 GCWR little more weight cushion.

Tags
290rlt, 295