Old 03-25-2016, 11:46 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiderBloke View Post
2 couples here at the campsite bought identical Sanibels. Both had so much trouble over several months that finally they both had their units replaced. Both have had almost identical problems even n the way home from the dealer with the new units - eg. The clothes racks in the main wardrobe fell off in both units and they have had to build a stronger support for them. One now has to have a new TV.

Make sure you have a good, responsive dealer who will get the trailer right.
What year and model were theirs?

How do I know if a dealer is good and responsive? There are 3 dealers in our area. Camping World, another large dealership, and the one that has the Sanibels is a family-owned dealership, who told me that the owners started this business due to how they were treated by dealerships when they went shopping for RVs in their earlier days. They have always been nice and they seem to be upright, but I don't know anyone who has dealt with them.

Old 03-26-2016, 11:55 AM   #12

I would check out the family owned dealership based on the info you've heard. Even if the price is a little higher, the fact that you're dealing with someone who got into this business because of the way they were treated may be well worth it in the long run.

rracer5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 12:40 PM   #13

Yes...the reason that we are leaning toward that dealership. But, how does one "check out the dealership?" There are only 2 reviews online.

They have 12 other locations, and some of the locations have 1 and 2 star reviews. There are some complaints on ripoff report about the other locations, but none about the dealership nearby.
Old 03-26-2016, 01:25 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by janegowest View Post
Yes...the reason that we are leaning toward that dealership. But, how does one "check out the dealership?" There are only 2 reviews online.

They have 12 other locations, and some of the locations have 1 and 2 star reviews. There are some complaints on ripoff report about the other locations, but none about the dealership nearby.

Oh.....didn't know they had "grown" beyond their "local" family-owned mom & pop type dealership! That may be an issue if they have allowed employees from "those other type of dealerships" to come to work for them. If they hired fresh personnel and trained them "in house" then it may be OK.

The only way to really tell would be to go and feel them out. You may have to go back several times and see what kind of treatment you receive each time. If you come away with a good feeling then you're 50% there. The other 50% will come from your final deal and how good their service department is when it comes to their process for prepping the trailer and how detailed they are willing to be during your PDI. The latter will also give you a clue as to how you will be treated if and when you may need work done after you leave the lot.

Good luck.
Old 03-26-2016, 07:28 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by rracer5 View Post
The other 50% will come from your final deal and how good their service department is when it comes to their process for prepping the trailer and how detailed they are willing to be during your PDI. The latter will also give you a clue as to how you will be treated if and when you may need work done after you leave the lot.

Good luck.
By this point, it would be too late, wouldn't it? I would have already committed to the sale by then?
Old 03-26-2016, 08:00 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by janegowest View Post
By this point, it would be too late, wouldn't it? I would have already committed to the sale by then?
That would be tough but, finding out from your salesman (if you show interest in a unit) who will be conducting the PDI and how long it will take is a good indicator of how thorough they are. Your PDI should be done by a master tech who is familiar with and has personally prepped your unit and is willing to spand as much time as you need. A salesman should not be involved other than selling you the unit and handling the paperwork. Keep in mind, you should NOT be signing the final paperwork until you are completely satisfied with the entire process.

Hopefully the feeling you get should get you somewhere over that last 50% or turn you away.
Old 03-26-2016, 08:15 PM   #17
RiderBloke

The 2 here I mentioned above are 3901s. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone somewhere on the face of the earth using Tapatalk

RiderBloke is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sanibel