Old 03-24-2016, 07:19 PM   #1

Considering Sanibel 3551 or 3601

After shopping used 5ers for a couple of years, we are considering going new. Especially after seeing the Sanibel. They seem to have made use of every inch of the trailer.

I thought they were great, until I read some of the threads on this forum, especially by the man who had so many problems with his 3901. His sounded like an absolute nightmare!!

So, now I am very wary....Anyone own either of these and what have your experiences been? Thank you for your help with this!

Old 03-24-2016, 10:05 PM   #2

We have a 2016 3601 Sanibel with all the updates slide toppers, 4 step aluminum entry steps,remote control leveling system,Max air power vents,2 battery, s,Flex Air pin box and are very happy with it.

Old 03-24-2016, 10:11 PM   #3

Considering Sanibel 3551 or 3601

We have a Crusader with slide toppers and auto level also now but would definitely look at the 3701 or 3801 Sanibel next....or a 37RL Silverback 😊

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums 🇺🇸
Old 03-24-2016, 10:47 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by janegowest View Post
After shopping used 5ers for a couple of years, we are considering going new. Especially after seeing the Sanibel. They seem to have made use of every inch of the trailer.

I thought they were great, until I read some of the threads on this forum, especially by the man who had so many problems with his 3901. His sounded like an absolute nightmare!!

So, now I am very wary....Anyone own either of these and what have your experiences been? Thank you for your help with this!

Granted like any product constructed entirely by human hands (no robots in those RV factories), there are bound to be a few that "slip through the cracks" & also get by quality control. Also, a good reputable dealer should have retested all components and done a thorough unit inspection before delivery (and fixed them) and then again during the PDI with any new customer.
But, for the most part, there are many more satisfied Prime Time owners than not. Prime Time's customer service is second to none also, which is refreshing in this industry.
rracer5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 09:12 AM   #5
clr

I have a Sanibel 3601 2015 model year and we love the unit. There have been a few problems with the unit mostly when new but they were all taken care of promptly by my dealer and Prime Time. The Prime Time folks are great to deal with the unit I replaced was by Keystone and they were TERRIBLE to deal with. The only real weak area for Sanibel are the tires I would recommend that you replace them at least by the second year and go with a higher load range tire then the E's that they come with.
Old 03-25-2016, 02:54 PM   #6

Sanibel by Prime Time Mfg.

Hello, We own a Sanibel 3901 and love it. We have not had any problems since driving home with our 5er. That is not to say that we will not problems in the future or as our unit gets older. I too read the "nightmare 3901" posted last year by an owner. I believe they were able to get most things corrected. In any case, I have contacted Prime Time Mfg via email (from their website) and received very prompt answers to my questions. I did have a problem with the inverter (not to be confused with the converter) and worked directly with the Inverter manufacturer to have an immediate replacement sent to me (inverter failed). Like all purchases, things can go wrong, but what I have seen from Prime Time Mfg. has been great and I am very happy. I have seen more and more Sanibels on the road, so they are doing something right. Good luck on your decision. vr/ Mac
2015 Sanibel 3901
OK-3 Wire...Living the dream
Gonetothedogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 04:52 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonetothedogs View Post
Hello, We own a Sanibel 3901 and love it. We have not had any problems since driving home with our 5er. That is not to say that we will not problems in the future or as our unit gets older. I too read the "nightmare 3901" posted last year by an owner. I believe they were able to get most things corrected. In any case, I have contacted Prime Time Mfg via email (from their website) and received very prompt answers to my questions. I did have a problem with the inverter (not to be confused with the converter) and worked directly with the Inverter manufacturer to have an immediate replacement sent to me (inverter failed). Like all purchases, things can go wrong, but what I have seen from Prime Time Mfg. has been great and I am very happy. I have seen more and more Sanibels on the road, so they are doing something right. Good luck on your decision. vr/ Mac
Thank you! How long have you had it, and how many miles have you traveled with it?
Old 03-25-2016, 05:00 PM   #8

Sanibel by Prime Time Mfg.

Quote:
Originally Posted by janegowest View Post
Thank you! How long have you had it, and how many miles have you traveled with it?
We picked up our Sanibel in March of 2015. We have traveled about 2500 miles with it, camping out about 10 times with it. We tow it with a Ford F-350 (Dually) and I find it quite easy to tow at 65 MPH. I have added a Tire-Pressure monitoring system to all tires, and I also added back up cameras to assist in backing and parking. I am about to add Slideout Toppers, since it did not come with them. If you purchase any RV, I highly recommend that you have Slideout Toppers installed during the purchase process...this will save you the expense later. vr/ Mac
2015 Sanibel 3901
OK-3 Wire...Living the dream
Gonetothedogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 09:28 PM   #9

Sanibel 3600 Built by Prime Time

I purchased a 38 Foot, 2014 Sanibel. This will make my 3rd Forest River RV since 2010. I have had minor problems with my Sanibel but Prime Time has stepped up and made the all the repairs and made it right with me. I have attended 2 FROG Rally's in Goshen Indiana and one of my problems at the Rally could not be made there. I had to have the RV shipped up to Middlebury Indiana Plant for the Repairs on a Slide that was not adjusted correctly. The Plant has made repairs on my Sanibel plus they found a Crack in the Gel Coat on the "Nose Cap" of the Unit and made the repairs on it. When a Company stands beside there Product like they do, this Customer will stand Tall with them .

I appreciate Forest River for what they do for their Customers and I will refer all my Friends to buy their Products. My Suggestion is make sure you have a good Dealer, and buy Prime Time. Good Luck!
Old 03-25-2016, 10:11 PM   #10
RiderBloke

2 couples here at the campsite bought identical Sanibels. Both had so much trouble over several months that finally they both had their units replaced. Both have had almost identical problems even n the way home from the dealer with the new units - eg. The clothes racks in the main wardrobe fell off in both units and they have had to build a stronger support for them. One now has to have a new TV.

Make sure you have a good, responsive dealer who will get the trailer right.

RiderBloke is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sanibel