Old 07-16-2013, 07:56 AM   #1

considering Tracer 230FBS

My wife and I are seriously considering upgrading from our pop up and purchasing a Tracer 230 FBS. Any advice on the pro's and con's of the trailer? Tips? Things to be aware of?

Happy Camping Everyone!

dwelsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 08:01 PM   #2

We just upgraded from a pop up and purchased a Tracer 230FBS. We did a lot of research on different trailers. We love being outside so we were first looking at hybrids. The one thing that was important to us is cooking outside, so an outside kitchen was something that we really wanted. We love our Tracer and are very pleased with our purchase. We didn't want anything too big, it is perfect for us.

Bill and Debbie
2013 Tracer 230FBS Touring Edition
TV: 2009 Ram 1500 Hemi 4x4
Camped 2013 - 34 nights 2014 - 26 nights
2015 - 21 nights
bolson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 12:04 PM   #3

We are currently out on our shake down cruise of our new230FBS. So far it's been excellent. The out side kitchen is a great feature. We are stepping up from a custom made teardrop trailer, so the kitchen is similar. It's been in the high nineties here, so the AC has received a workout. No complaints. I have already planned mods to the closets and under dinette storage. I'm changing the factory lighting to a lower lumen lamp. No shortage of light in here! If you can order it with a fantastic vent, I would recommend it. The tiny fan in the bathroom doesn't move much air, and it is noisy.
All in all, a very nice TT. Tows great too!
Get one!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1205299876.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	46.6 KB
ID:	35803  
New T.V. on list for fall 2013.
Three more trips in Adirondack Park for 2013.
Rondacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 02:00 PM   #4

We've had ours since March and have enjoyed the six trips we've taken in it. We added doors to our dinette booths to access the additional storage. You can order the doors and hardware directly from PrimeTime. Rubbermaid containers fit perfectly inside these "new" cabinets and make access easy.

One more tip: get some baby latches to hold the big cabinets shut (facing the slide at the end of the dinette). The items in ours shifted in transit on one trip causing one of the doors to open. We could not see the door to know it was open, so the slide ripped the cabinet door right out of the wall while we were setting up. We were able to repair it after that trip and you can't tell it happened, but we always connect the doors with baby latches before we travel to avoid a repeat.

Since we're in Texas, we upgraded the A/C to a 15. It's worked great for us even during the hottest part of the day without shade.
2012 Chevy Avalanche LTZ
Nights camped in 2013: 22 and counting...
RVTexasYall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 09:12 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVTexasYall View Post
...One more tip: get some baby latches to hold the big cabinets shut (facing the slide at the end of the dinette). The items in ours shifted in transit on one trip causing one of the doors to open. We could not see the door to know it was open, so the slide ripped the cabinet door right out of the wall while we were setting up. We were able to repair it after that trip and you can't tell it happened, but we always connect the doors with baby latches before we travel to avoid a repeat. ...

Excellent tip. That almost happened to me once, but it was the other door that was open, so I caught in time.

I still love my Tracer. Outdoor kitchen is a must. Layout and features are really nice and well engineered.
Best I can offer is check how the space at the head of the bed by the closets suit you. I find it easy to hit your head when getting up. And ask if it's possible to switch the black tank flush and City water female inlet connections to brass. The plastic fitting can cross thread very easily.
Enjoy.
Old 07-25-2013, 07:20 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgiturbo View Post

Excellent tip. That almost happened to me once, but it was the other door that was open, so I caught in time.

I still love my Tracer. Outdoor kitchen is a must. Layout and features are really nice and well engineered.
Best I can offer is check how the space at the head of the bed by the closets suit you. I find it easy to hit your head when getting up. And ask if it's possible to switch the black tank flush and City water female inlet connections to brass. The plastic fitting can cross thread very easily.
Enjoy.
I added a brass quick connect to both of these fittings to prevent damage to the plastic threads, which makes setup easier too. We also had the slide damage the pantry door - fortunately easily repaired - and now wrap a ball tipped bungee around both sets of pantry doors and the cabinet above the sink and haven't had a problem since. I would get tired of having to work a childproof latch each time to open a door.
Roamin Ovum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 08:09 AM   #7

Thanks for the feedback everyone. I am going today to work out a deal on one.
Old 07-31-2013, 07:50 AM   #8

The deal is done and pick up the trailer this Saturday! Thanks again everyone for your insights.
Old 07-31-2013, 08:03 AM   #9

Cool! Have fun!
New T.V. on list for fall 2013.
Three more trips in Adirondack Park for 2013.
Rondacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 06:26 PM   #10

Congrats and enjoy!!
2012 Chevy Avalanche LTZ
Nights camped in 2013: 22 and counting...
RVTexasYall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 10:32 PM   #11

In checking out my new 230FBS outdoor kitchen I see a notice on the inside of the sink that says this sink drains into the black tank. Well I had water hooked up and the toilet had not been used yet, so I checked out this outside sink drain. My trailer DEFINATELY does not drain into the black tank! It drains into the grey tank. Also the refrigerator in the outside kitchen has a shelf that can be moved to different levels...NOT!!! It cannot be moved after the refrigerator has been installed in the trailer.

Klemintine is offline   Reply With Quote