Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-19-2015, 09:29 PM   #1

Converting Table/Chairs to Sleeper Dinette & Hide a Bed to Foam 2012 Crusader RLT TE

Does anyone have experience converting their residential table/chairs to a dinette/sleeper? Anyone done this successfully through the manufacturer/dealer so things match?

LOVE our Crusader but we'd like to add sleeping space for occasional guests and have been pulling out table/chairs and inflating an air mattress in their place. What a pain.

We've also had issues with our hide a bed couch from day 1. I think we can fix the sloping issue but have replaced the air mattress twice. Has anyone tried the tri-fold foam mattress toppers?

Appreciate any/all advice!
WeLove2CampOH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 12:37 AM   #2

One of the things we like best about our 2012 290RLT is not having an island. We got rid of the sleeper couch and recliners and brought in our own furniture. We use a queen sized good quality air bed for guests, and haven't even thought about converting the table.
NeedMoreLeisureTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 12:46 AM   #3

Shoot. That island is what sold me. It's the feature I love most about our RV because we love to cook and entertain and have plenty of space to prepare. I often wish our home was as well-equipped.

That said... I think I'm heading in your direction- getting rid of the sleeper couch and recliners and bringing in our own furniture.

Would love to purchase a booth style dinette from dealer/manufacturer that will fit/match but it's like cracking the da vinci code. When I explain what I'm looking to do they ask if I'm ready to trade in and when I say "no, it's only 2 years old and we love it - just want to add extra sleep space" I think we get prioritized to the very bottom of the follow up list. Stinks!
WeLove2CampOH is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2012, bed, crusader