Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-30-2016, 05:26 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadiancrew View Post
Hey these days that's the good stuff. The cheaper entry level trailers use a black woven plastic tarp material. I remember our older trailer having galvanized metal. Real solid but weighed a lot too.
No such thing as an entry level trailer.........that's an incorrect and hurtful term............. unless you are calling a Chevy an entry level car.............

Entry level has nothing to do with anything here..............

Aside from that many trailer still have open bottoms.

2005 Dodge 3500 Cummins
2017 Wildwood Lodge 4092 BFL
1966 Mustang GT
1986 Mustang SVO
Lillie Spoiled Rotten Boxer Mix
Oaklevel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2016, 06:58 AM   #22
Who Dares, Wins

My entry level Cherokee as it has been called on here is better built and higher quality (as far as I'm concerned) than my Rockwood was and a bit cheaper to boot...

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Pat, Jen, Heather & Sapphire, the head mouser.
2015 Chevy HD D-Max
2022 Impression 315MB
doc73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2016, 08:05 AM   #23

No such thing as an entry level trailer whether it cost $5000 or $500000 they are are campers / RVs or whatever. By the argument that a lower cost camper is entry level so are Chevys and Fords,..... they too must be entry level vehicles as they don't cost as much as a BMW or Mercedes.

Does a $35000 trailer that did not come with the belly covered make it an entry level camper ??? or just lower priced ????

I agree many of the lower cost trailers are better built and more reliable than the higher priced ones.

2005 Dodge 3500 Cummins
2017 Wildwood Lodge 4092 BFL
1966 Mustang GT
1986 Mustang SVO
Lillie Spoiled Rotten Boxer Mix
Oaklevel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2016, 09:15 AM   #24

Adding reflectix under the Coroplast further aids insulation.
Never Enough Time Camping!!
ben31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2016, 10:18 AM   #25

Coroplast

Given a need to protect the underside (insulation, protection and all the other reasons mentioned), Coroplast seems to be a reasonable, durable solution.
Consider the attributes of the alternative materials: metal-increased weight; wood-weight/rot; fabric-(take your pick).

I saw the quality issue when shopping for an RV and saw screws started in the Coroplast, but not secured...just started. Need to consider both workmanship and materials, when selecting an RV.
bobkathy78759 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2016, 12:20 PM   #26

Sag in your coroplast easily fixed by getting aluminum "C" channel from Home Despot and securing it on each each side of frame. It is light weight and has enough strength to take the sag out of the coroplast.

Won't work on cheap campers that don't have coroplast. Ahh, I think entry level sounds better than cheap ;-)
Skyliner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2016, 02:14 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben31 View Post
Adding reflectix under the Coroplast further aids insulation.
That's true, but for the cost, why not just replace coro with rigid foam and get some serious R value? My rationale for stapling Refectix to the floor was water that could get into the space and keep it wet, but probably not an issue... it seemed right at the time
WW

2017 F-250 4x4 6.2L Gas
I can't fix everything, but I can make it so nobody else can
WolfWhistle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2016, 07:45 AM   #28
Somewhat right of center

Considering the cost of these campers, none of us should have to replace or fix anything underneath. My Crusader..... I'm to the point of wanting to park it in a field and destroy it with a few RPGs. Biggest POS I ever wasted money on.
Old 06-09-2016, 08:39 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crabbyguy View Post
Considering the cost of these campers, none of us should have to replace or fix anything underneath. My Crusader..... I'm to the point of wanting to park it in a field and destroy it with a few RPGs. Biggest POS I ever wasted money on.

I have to agree with you I think the attention to detail is non existent and they used the cheapest material and labor on the planet. The more I look closer at my 2016 370 bhq I would never buy from prime time again.
Ronleague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 05:31 PM   #30

I have to agree with you guys. I would never buy a Prime Time again! I have a 2014 295RST with slide issues like nearly everyone else. I have purchased the repair kits for the large slides where the rollers have destroyed the fabric material allowing wayer to wick up into the sidewalls where they are delaminating. Word was the bedroom slide was OK until I looked today and noticed the particle board is "mushy" from one side half way in. Think I'm going to put a plastic sheet over the whole thing and the slide repair kits on edges.
Rotten undersides infuriate me considering what I paid for the thing!
rrickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2016, 09:13 PM   #31

What is in the "repair kit?"
Never Enough Time Camping!!
ben31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 07:30 PM   #32
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben31 View Post
What is in the "repair kit?"
http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ing-45789.html

Zelda the campin dog
Platokidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 08:25 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oaklevel View Post
No such thing as an entry level trailer whether it cost $5000 or $500000 they are are campers / RVs or whatever. By the argument that a lower cost camper is entry level so are Chevys and Fords,..... they too must be entry level vehicles as they don't cost as much as a BMW or Mercedes.

Does a $35000 trailer that did not come with the belly covered make it an entry level camper ??? or just lower priced ????

I agree many of the lower cost trailers are better built and more reliable than the higher priced ones.
Entry level, suggests you start with what you can afford then work your way the price range. And, as we all know, this is often the case. For me, my XLR is entry and exit level... I hope. My next camper will be a classic car or truck. I've had about all the fun I can stand.
WW

2017 F-250 4x4 6.2L Gas
I can't fix everything, but I can make it so nobody else can
WolfWhistle is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
underbelly