Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-21-2014, 12:11 PM   #1

Couple problems with new 318bls

Just picked up our new trailer. We really like it. It will work great with the grand kids. Plenty of room and places to sleep. We towed it to our campground, everything went well.
First night the dinette table broke. It looks like it is to short. It just barely makes the cleats on the seats. It broke right at the edge, not enough wood on the cleats.
Going home, I went to lock the door and the key didn't turn, wrong key. Ok, went to pull it out and it wouldn't come out. I took the latch apart and still couldn't get the key out. Now I can't lock the trailer, cause the key to the front door is stuck in the bathroom door. The second set is on the way home in my DW's car. Anyone have this problem? If so did you fix it or get a new latch.
Why can't they key the doors the same? Three keys that look the same, really.
The dealer want me to drive down, with the trailer, to fix everything. It's over 3 hours each way.
Dogbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 07:05 PM   #2

Sorry to hear about your troubles. The wood and cleats they use on these things is pretty cheesy. Unfortunately you may have to add some supports
In diff places. I know with a new rig you shouldn't but there all built alike. In the big picture it's a small item. As far as the keys have you tried some wd40 or anything? There is a recall on some of the locks just do a search on here to learn more. This may be your problem. I have two keys on mine. One for door lock and one for all the storage compartments. Good luck
Todouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 09:46 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todouble View Post
Sorry to hear about your troubles. The wood and cleats they use on these things is pretty cheesy. Unfortunately you may have to add some supports
In diff places. I know with a new rig you shouldn't but there all built alike. In the big picture it's a small item. As far as the keys have you tried some wd40 or anything? There is a recall on some of the locks just do a search on here to learn more. This may be your problem. I have two keys on mine. One for door lock and one for all the storage compartments. Good luck
Thanks for the come back. I didn't have anymore WD40,empty can. I will try it this weekend. My friends park model Jayco had the same key problem, yes there was or maybe still is a recall. When I talked to the dealer, they didn't seem surprised.
As for the table, I'm going to measure and take pictures. I might be inclined to make my own table.
Dogbone is offline   Reply With Quote