Old 04-13-2015, 02:50 PM   #1

Creaking noise when walking on roof???

2014 tracer 2670. I was walking on the roof today.. And noticed whenever i walked anywhere by the fan in the kitchen i would notice the wood creaking. I dont remember if it has done this before. Is this normal? sounds like the creaking noise comes from around the vent.. I am just wondering if this is the just the sound of the plywood with weight on it? Dicor looks fine around the vent... Am I worrying about nothing? thank you..

Old 04-13-2015, 03:07 PM   #2

Oh boy, now im freaking out... I just took off the speaker that is around 1 foot from them vent, and felt the insulation up there... To me it feels like some condensation up there... I am officially freaking out. I do live in Upstate NY..and it has been in 30s at night and around 70 today, im not sure if im just feeling the effects of condensation? no one is in the camper.. it is around 50 degrees inside the camper right now and about 75 degrees of hot sun hitting the roof.. I cant afford to pay the dealer to look at this. where/how would I look to make sure this is not a leak... the insulation does not look water damaged just seems like some condensation on it.. I may add that i had the heat on a few nights ago after the camper sat all winter with snow on it...im freaking out......

Old 04-13-2015, 03:24 PM   #3

Ok, update #3... i just went around camper and took off the other 3 speakers... two of them were in the bedroom on the opposite end of the camper..the other 3 speakers were the same way, seems like the insulation right ontop the speaker was damp..I am wondering now if its just condensation that collected on top of the speaker and is sitting there... seems odd that this would be a major roof leak that would effect the whole roof. I can feel the plywood from the speaker hole and the plywood is hot as heck from sitting in the hot sun while the inside of the camper is 45 degrees.... maybe i will stop freaking out...LOL

Tags
roo, roof