Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-04-2013, 07:24 PM   #21

Yep... the dealer should have known better!
BTW, I usually back-flush the blackwater tank with every drain until the water runs relatively clear (a clear plastic connector to the hose lets me see the state of the drained water). Even though the back-flush runs until clear, we always dump 2 large bags of ice down the toilet and let the ice slosh around and melt in the black tank on the way home on our last leg. I ave a toilet in the barn next to the trailer shed, and I can connect my dump hose into the clean-out on that sewer line. This gives me the luxury of being able to back-flush again at home.
There is always at least 10-15 gallons of sludge that comes out of that supposedly clean blackwater tank until I get the back-flush water running clear after this treatment.
Anyway, the ice treatment works!

2012 Crusader 290RLT TE, TrailAir flex pin: 2012 Toyota Tundra 5.7 SR5 Dbl cab 4X2 Tow, 4.30 gears, RideRite air, TRD cold-air induction & dual exhaust: Reese 16K Slider: TST tpms
Miles towed to date: 26,890; Nights camped; lost count!
J_KHawthorne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 07:29 PM   #22

PreFlush

Think I will drop the bag of ice in there before we get on the road this Friday..where we are going had full hook ups, that way I can give the black tank a good clean out if there is anything still lodged in there...thanks for the tip..also put some dawn liquid soap in there as well..things really smell nice afterwards:
kickster
2012 Jeep Compass Limited
1985 S-10 One Owner:
LKicklight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 07:35 PM   #23

LOL!
Thanks for the tip also! It never "Dawned" on me to do that!
(Besdides being a good stain remover, Dawn is also great for a poison ivy treatment as it seems to do a good job of getting rid of the oils)

2012 Crusader 290RLT TE, TrailAir flex pin: 2012 Toyota Tundra 5.7 SR5 Dbl cab 4X2 Tow, 4.30 gears, RideRite air, TRD cold-air induction & dual exhaust: Reese 16K Slider: TST tpms
Miles towed to date: 26,890; Nights camped; lost count!
J_KHawthorne is offline   Reply With Quote