Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-19-2013, 08:57 AM   #1

Crusader 260RLD Water Pump?

Hello All:

New owner of a Crusader 260RLD and finally after several cancelations due to heavy snow we got to camp in it this past weekend Sat night to Sunday. As the RV dealer had un-winterized it and filled it for us, Sunday I had to drain and re-winterize it. On my former 5th wheel a Puma I would just connect to the water pump and syphon right out of the antifreeze jug. After mmuch exploration I could not locate the water pump on the Crusader. As such had to make a run to a local store to buy a funnel to get the anti freeze into the fresh water tank. Two questions, 1.) Where is the water pump located, 2.) How does everyone else winterize there Crusader. When doing this the water access is located at the top of the command center making it difficult to get the funnel into the fill pipe. Any suggestions, procedures and help appreciated. Learning the ins and outs with a new camper is fun

golf
Golflover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 08:50 PM   #2
PT Crew Member #64

My suction tube is located behind a panel nect to the docking station. remove screws on angled panel. the water heater by pass is behind the panel under the fridge. I hope this helps. wish I was out using my camper but quite yet.
GarthJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 07:59 AM   #3
Commercial Member

The water pump is indeed located behind the riser panel in your pass thru adjacent to your Docking Center. It has a 3' hose and shut-off similar to what you described on your last unit.
RV Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 09:07 AM   #4

Thanks

Thank you Garth and RVGuy for your response. I located the hot water tank bypass ok, as for the pump well...lol I did remove the angled partition behind the docking station but did not see the puimp. There were a few foil heat pipes in the way and it was 14 degrees. Not the optimum weather for looking around for the pump. I did ok with the improvised funnel technique and got it re-winterized. If I read both of your responses right in the future I should be able to the pump via the access panel? Also does it have an additional suction hose I would connect to or just unscrew the hose and connect directly to the pump as I used to? ON my Puma I never put anti freeze into the fresh water tank I left it open and let it drain out in the fall around the end of October and just pumped the anti freeze thru the lines. As always think you for your responses and assistance. It is fun learning about a camper all over again

Golf
Old 02-20-2013, 10:02 AM   #5
Commercial Member

You will probably need to drop one of the riser panels to give "more and easier" access to the pump on some models. Typically, there's a lot of things going on behind the Docking Center with all the water lines. There is already a hose close to the pump with a T Fitting and a shut-off that allows you to just drop the end of the already attached hose into the anti-freeze and draw it out using the pump. Nothing to screw/unscrew.

PTM
RV Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 10:30 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by RV Guy View Post
You will probably need to drop one of the riser panels to give "more and easier" access to the pump on some models. Typically, there's a lot of things going on behind the Docking Center with all the water lines. There is already a hose close to the pump with a T Fitting and a shut-off that allows you to just drop the end of the already attached hose into the anti-freeze and draw it out using the pump. Nothing to screw/unscrew.

PTM
Thanks again, that clears it up some. I'll have to investigate this when I get it home from the dealer and stored in my driveway. Plus a little warmer weather wouldn't hurt either