Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-28-2012, 09:12 PM   #1

Crusader 270 RET Slide Out

After retracting our dinnet slide/refrig., when it gets all the way in, before it stops, it makes a loud clunking sound, then stops. When we go to extend it back out, all you hear is the gears clunking and nothing is moving. In order to get it to extend, I have to crawl under the unit, remove the access door, get out my rachet and get the slide to extend out about an inch, then it will fully extend. I have noticed that the Barrel Sleeve and nuts are both loose on the threaded rod, don't think that is right..What should I do now...something is not right...Everything worked fine the last time we used it, but with these parts being loose, I believe something has become out of adjustment!
LKicklight:
LKicklight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 09:54 PM   #2

First off, don't let it make those "clunking" sounds for more than a split second. I am very careful when I bring my slides in, stopping and starting a few times as they get close to closed. I don't let the motor "clunk" more than a couple of times. I am not sure exactly what is slipping to make that noise, but it can't be good.
If your bell stop is loose, it needs to be readjusted, but as far as I know, that is only to stop you from squishing the begeebers out of the slide gasket.
My superslide was slightly out of adjustment, and I got under there and changed a bunch of things. But if you cannot figure out how all of the adjustments work, it would be better to take it back to the dealer.
If you can't get the slide to start out, I wonder if the motor gears are not damaged already? How much have you ground the gears?
crocus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 07:46 AM   #3

Slide Out

That is a good question on the gears..suppose I need to make another appoiintment and get it back down to the dealership and them check it out.....hopefully nothing is seriously wrong other than the bell screw being loose and acting as the stop when the slide goes in....
Thanks for your information...next week I will get it back down to the dealership..
LKicklight
LKicklight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 01:08 PM   #4

Check out PT's website. They have a new section with instructions for the slide mechanism. Maybe it will help?
rracer5 is offline   Reply With Quote