Old 06-17-2013, 07:30 AM   #1

Crusader 270ret

Refrigerator drain is not working..water is overflowing on the inside of the frig...seems as though the drain hose may be twisted inside, cannot see...is this covered under the frig. warranty? Puchased 11/19/2012..
kickster

2012 Jeep Compass Limited
1985 S-10 One Owner:
LKicklight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 09:06 AM   #2

There is a little plastic plug on the exterior end of the hose. Check to see if it's blocked. Check to see if the outlet tube coming from the drain pan is blocked. Something might have gotten in the drain pan, worked it's way down to where the outlet is that goes into the tube blocking it. If not then take the hose off bottom of the fridge drain pan. Wipe off the exterior end where the plug is and try blowing air while somebody is on the inside checking for air coming from the tub.

Old 06-17-2013, 09:12 AM   #3

Having been around campers, rvs and planes most of my adult life, also in manufacturing, I have checked all the possible conditions that may be causing such a problem..I have blown, sucked and shot high pressure air through the white flexible line from both ends..have also ran a pieces of wire from the inside out and from the outside in...neither way will let the wire go all the way through. I have taken off the top and bottom exterior access panels, cannot see the other end of the hose. In a effort to get this thing freed up, I have pulled on the hose, which was a little short to begin with, now its got about 18" hanging out...to tell you the truth, it seems to me like its tied in a knot somewhere in the line..
1985 S-10 One Owner:
Old 06-23-2013, 09:58 AM   #4

Drain Line Twisted

we did finally take the frig loose and moved it forward about a foot, what we founb I have already posted with photo's...the hose was wrapped around the coils at least twice, thereby not allowing any water to drain from the hose properly. We removed the hose complelely and replaced it with a 1/2" ID clear hose along with a one way flapper check valve as at to not let any excess heat back in the line.....ten bucks invested to do it correctly....two hours of our time..hundred bucks at the going rate..small price to pay for such a simple fix...
1985 S-10 One Owner: