Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-13-2016, 05:36 PM   #1
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 46
crusader 28RL counter top slot

I bought this 2016 unit new....behind the stove at the counter top, there is about a 2 inch slot the width of the stove...completely open to below ...we have lost items down there...now either they cut the opening for the stove too large, or was to be a larger stove or this slot is for a knife rack....if knife rack with slots, where would I get one, I have other issues, but PT won;t honor most of them///
__________________

__________________
Tula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 06:10 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Justice12t's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Western, NY
Posts: 241
Sorry to hear that. We love our PT/C. As for your listed issue, I believe something along these lines has been posted on here before. Might want to try a search of the site if someone doesn't beat me to it. Also pictures always help, at least people can see what you are talking about or maybe give you ideas on fixing. Best of luck!
__________________

__________________
2016 Prime Time Crusader 294RLT

2016 Days Camped - 31
2017 Camping Blues - ...
Justice12t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 04:45 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
irishrv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 265
crusader 28RL counter top slot

Have you gone direct to PT or just taking the dealers word? Many dealers don't want to honor warranty. I've had far better response from PT directly. Sad but true. My 14 295rst has no gap behind the stove. I'm trying to remember but I believe there is a wood insert with vent slats cut in it for circulation.


2014 295rst champ te
2009 2500hd GMC d/a
__________________
2014 295rst TE Champagne
09 GMC 2500HD D/A
irishrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 07:53 PM   #4
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 46
Just about had it with dealers and manufacturer...got a list of items on new unit and not getting any good responses from either...this is
last time I buy a new unit...next time will be a second hand maybe 1 or 2 years old with bugs out of it...had a Komfort prior to this and that was built well...I know when I buy a car new and have problems , it is fixed and no one cares where I get it serviced at...so now most of the minor issues I will have to do on my own and forget getting on my knees to these dealers and manufacturers
__________________
Tula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 08:15 PM   #5
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Colorado
Posts: 41
Our trailer has a knife rack with slots in that space. You might call FR and ask if they have one that fits (failing that, try Amazon).
__________________
ellen and ken, 3 dogs and Adventure Cat
2012 Mini Lite 2109S
2005 Sierra 2500HD Duramax/Allison
ekrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 09:19 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
rracer5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Full Timing It
Posts: 1,904
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishrv View Post
Have you gone direct to PT or just taking the dealers word? Many dealers don't want to honor warranty. I've had far better response from PT directly. Sad but true. My 14 295rst has no gap behind the stove. I'm trying to remember but I believe there is a wood insert with vent slats cut in it for circulation.


2014 295rst champ te
2009 2500hd GMC d/a

X2. The extra slot is for ventalation. Depending on how much room behind the stove, the slot may be larger in some models & smaller in others. The stove manufacturers have minimum vent specs for the rear of the stove & cut the slots accordingly. But, I agree, it should have some kind of additional louvred cover.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Tula View Post
Just about had it with dealers and manufacturer...got a list of items on new unit and not getting any good responses from either...this is
last time I buy a new unit...next time will be a second hand maybe 1 or 2 years old with bugs out of it...had a Komfort prior to this and that was built well...I know when I buy a car new and have problems , it is fixed and no one cares where I get it serviced at...so now most of the minor issues I will have to do on my own and forget getting on my knees to these dealers and manufacturers

Have you tried contacting Prime Time directly? Their email response is usually exceptionally quick, normally 24 - 48 hours, sometimes sooner.

Prime Time Contact Us
__________________
"PT Crew Members Since 9/2010"[/I][/B]
2011 RAM 2500 HD 6.7L CTD Crew
2014 Sanibel 3250
rracer5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2016, 11:30 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 226
Mine has the gap and the dealer told me they all have it. Ugh.
__________________
2014 Crusader 296BHS
2015 GMC 2500HD Denali
kohai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 02:40 PM   #8
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Idaho
Posts: 15
I have a strip of stained wood over the gap. It actually looks nice.
__________________
Dryfly46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 03:59 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 226
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dryfly46 View Post
I have a strip of stained wood over the gap. It actually looks nice.
Good idea. On our last trip some papers slid into the slot and we had to figure out how to take the top of the grill off to get to it (it just slides).
__________________

__________________
2014 Crusader 296BHS
2015 GMC 2500HD Denali
kohai is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
crusader

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:22 PM.