Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-29-2015, 02:43 PM   #1

Crusader 290 RLT Wiring diagram

Looking for wiring diagram on rv receptacle to distribution panel in rv on a Crusader 290 RLT. I am trying to wire in a 50 amp progressive industries surge protector and the white wire seems to run to the battery box. All the wires are buried under the counter and I am having a hard time finding and wringing out the wires as they enter the RV Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
brireey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 02:51 PM   #2
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

The wires you should need will be in a big heavy bundle such as your power cord.

It enters the back of your distribution center and goes to the main breaker.
Behind your distribution center if room allows is where you should put your surge.

TURBS
08 duramax tuned n modded
2011 32bhok Sabre
2015 camping "9 nights"
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 03:08 PM   #3

Thanks for responding Turbs
I have pulled the draw out to access the back of the main panel box, the area is tight but room for mounting the surge protector. I am having trouble finding the white wire, does that wire go to th converter? I just can't seem to see it. Also pulled out the main panel and still coul not locate it.
Old 05-29-2015, 03:10 PM   #4
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

The wires that go into the back of the panel to the breaker are not in a jacket ?
How many is there?

TURBS
2011 32bhok Sabre
2015 camping "9 nights"
Old 05-29-2015, 03:14 PM   #5

They are out of the jacket, I have a red, green, black and can not find the white
I should have a white being a 50 amp
Old 05-29-2015, 03:15 PM   #6
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Odd, hopefully someone with a like model can help.

TURBS
2011 32bhok Sabre
2015 camping "9 nights"
Old 05-29-2015, 03:19 PM   #7

I did find a #6 white a going to the battery, not sure where it comes from as it is buried by heating ducts or is running in the underbelly which is enclosed, and I can't trace it.
Old 05-29-2015, 03:21 PM   #8
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by brireey View Post
I did find a #6 white a going to the battery, not sure where it comes from as it is buried by heating ducts or is running in the underbelly which is enclosed, and I can't trace it.
That wire will be 12v and obviously not what you need

TURBS
2011 32bhok Sabre
2015 camping "9 nights"
Old 05-29-2015, 03:22 PM   #9

I will take a harder look tomorrow. I am getting old and maybe I am looking right at it and can't see it
Old 05-30-2015, 05:46 PM   #10

I have the 325RES floor plan so not sure if identical to yours but I also installed the same protector. I unscrewed the 6 or so screws inside the basement and removed the wall to gain access for installation. I was able to see all the wiring and have plenty of room to work. Have you tried going in that way?
FarmerTex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 04:34 AM   #11

Removing that basement wall would not help me, my distribution Box is located on the opposite end of my kitchen cabinets. As I enter my rig, I have a u shaped counter and the electrical is on the left side of the cabinets not right in front of the entrance door.
Old 08-24-2015, 02:32 PM   #12

I installed a progressive unit in my 290RLT and it was tight but worked out well.
I removed the small panel to the left of the main breaker panel. Pulled the breaker panel out as far as the wiring will allow. Removed the panel under the cabinet that backs up to the breaker panel. This gave me access to the wiring. I then attached a 3/8 plywood piece to that panel with liquid nails and screws and attached the Progressive unit to it. The digital readout was attached to the louvers on the front of the breaker panel. Secure all of the panels that were removed.
I have traveled over 10k miles and no issues. It has also detected problems with park wiring on three occasions .

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums

Ddubya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 03:33 PM   #13

I did get my progressive industries surge protector installed as well. I thought about removing the cabinet panel as you did but decided to remove the drawer under stove and I also removed electric panel out as wires would allow and mounted it to the floor along the HVAC ducts.
I put the remote on the panel left of the electric panel. It was tight and a lot of rolling around on the floor but installation came out clean and neat and seems to be working well. Thanks for your reply

Tags
crusader, diagram, wiring