Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-08-2016, 05:51 PM   #11
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 4
We bought ours a little over a year ago and we love it. We have had almost no problems and we live in ours. We love the bathroom, there is enough room to get dressed in and the shower was a must. The bedroom has enough room to move around in although I am not a real fan of the way the closet is designed but it works. I have had to invent a new way to make clothes fit in the drawers but it works too. I do wish the 2 slides were switched around and the dining room was on the door side, but maybe on the next one. I sf don't like the windows but we don't open them very often anyway. This thing has held up well and we plan to keep it for a long time.
__________________

__________________
gkelter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 07:01 PM   #12
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 120
We bought a new one in 2014. I have had no problems with it outer than normal new RV expected problems which were all handled by the dealer under warranty. I did replace the Towmax tires with Goodyear Unisteel. I would not accept the Towmax tires on any RV. We only have the one AC unit and I would recommend that you get two - especially if you plan to camp out in the full sun during the summer. I would definitely purchase the unit again. My previous fiver was a 1999 Montana 295 - lots of problems with that one - flooded the interior 3 times and the campground twice - but the dealer and I finally got it resolved. I also fulltimed in mine while working out of state and went through some very cold winters with no problems - just run the furnace during cold weather, put heat tape on the hose from from the faucet tot he RV with some extra at both ends to keep things warm and everything works fine. Retired now and have been to a number of places with it and it pulls great and lives great. Just buy from a good dealer regardless of any RV you purchase.
__________________

__________________
2014 FR Crusader 315RST
2014 Ford XCabSD F250 6.7L
4x4 Lariat
johnruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 07:36 PM   #13
Senior Member
 
grhodes50's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Eastern Oklahoma, USA
Posts: 2,606
Well I guess I've looked and researched enough........or I better have.
We are suppose to do the PDI and bring her home Friday......
__________________

Gary & Trish
"PT Crew Member Since 11/2010"
2017 Prime Time Crusader 315RST TE 6.0 : 2007 Flagstaff 206ST MAC Series
2012 F-250 Lariat : FX4 : CC : SB : 6.7L Diesel : 3/55 Gears

2016 Nights Camped - 9
grhodes50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 11:32 AM   #14
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Middle GA
Posts: 227
We supposedly do our PDI this Friday, also. This will be our third PT. Two Avengers and now a Crusader. We have loved our previous Prime Time trailers. No serious problems, and the minor issues were fixed after our initial voyage.

I'm surprised they are installing Towmax tires on them, since our two Avengers had better tires installed out of the factory. I'll have to see if that is what is on this one, when I do the walk through later today (just arrived from the factory).
__________________
Ben and Doreen
Home Away From Home - 2017 PT Crusader 315RST
TV - 2008 F250 Lariat 4X4 6.4 Diesel
61 nights in 2016
4 nights so far in 2017
ben31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 12:14 PM   #15
Senior Member
 
grhodes50's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Eastern Oklahoma, USA
Posts: 2,606
Wow !!! 3 PT's. You got me beat. This will be our second, the one in my signature and now the Crusader 315rst.

We've had the same experience with our LaCrosse as you've had with your Avengers.....only minor problems that have been taken care of promptly.

We went back and forth trying to choose between the 315rst and the 297rsk, but we finally decided we liked the bedroom/bathroom layout in the 315rst better than we liked the outdoor kitchen in the 297rsk.

I'll have to check out what tires are on this one as well. Didn't really notice when my DW and I did the walk through Saturday.

We decided to purchase from a dealer about an hour and 45 mins away. Pretty much the closest to us, but mainly because I know they have a good service department. I checked with several places and their price wasn't the highest, but I did find a couple that were cheaper...BUT...I would have had to travel a lot further for those and wasn't too sure about their service.

However, I did get them to throw in free installed Max Air vent covers and an installed 16K Curt hitch at their cost.

I don't know a lot about fifth wheel hitches, but I was impressed with the demo they had in their store and the youtube videos I've watched. It has a 360 degree articulating head and also clamps fully around the trailer's kingpin. It's not a slider, although they do make one that is, but from what I've read about these new front caps one isn't necessary.

We'll have to compare pics after we get 'em.

Anyway, congrats on your new 5'er ... ... ... & ...
__________________

Gary & Trish
"PT Crew Member Since 11/2010"
2017 Prime Time Crusader 315RST TE 6.0 : 2007 Flagstaff 206ST MAC Series
2012 F-250 Lariat : FX4 : CC : SB : 6.7L Diesel : 3/55 Gears

2016 Nights Camped - 9
grhodes50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 09:31 AM   #16
Member
 
Jlreeves's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Roswell, GA
Posts: 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by grhodes50 View Post
Wow !!! 3 PT's. You got me beat. This will be our second, the one in my signature and now the Crusader 315rst.



We've had the same experience with our LaCrosse as you've had with your Avengers.....only minor problems that have been taken care of promptly.



We went back and forth trying to choose between the 315rst and the 297rsk, but we finally decided we liked the bedroom/bathroom layout in the 315rst better than we liked the outdoor kitchen in the 297rsk.



I'll have to check out what tires are on this one as well. Didn't really notice when my DW and I did the walk through Saturday.



We decided to purchase from a dealer about an hour and 45 mins away. Pretty much the closest to us, but mainly because I know they have a good service department. I checked with several places and their price wasn't the highest, but I did find a couple that were cheaper...BUT...I would have had to travel a lot further for those and wasn't too sure about their service.



However, I did get them to throw in free installed Max Air vent covers and an installed 16K Curt hitch at their cost.



I don't know a lot about fifth wheel hitches, but I was impressed with the demo they had in their store and the youtube videos I've watched. It has a 360 degree articulating head and also clamps fully around the trailer's kingpin. It's not a slider, although they do make one that is, but from what I've read about these new front caps one isn't necessary.



We'll have to compare pics after we get 'em.



Anyway, congrats on your new 5'er ... ... ... & ...


I have a Curt Q20 slider and pull A 315RST. I doubt you will ever miss the slide given the pin arrangement on the 315RST. I can pretty much get to a right angle with my short bed crew cab 2500HD. We are loving our 315RST. The way I look at it, the little problems that I solve are what makes my rig mine. I always have a mod or a fix in the works.
__________________
2017 PrimeTime Crusader 315RST 5th Wheel
2014 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD
2002 Thor Chateau Sport Class C

Good SAM # 807510227
FROG # GA-0056-236
Jlreeves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 10:10 AM   #17
Senior Member
 
grhodes50's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Eastern Oklahoma, USA
Posts: 2,606
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jlreeves View Post
I have a Curt Q20 slider and pull A 315RST. I doubt you will ever miss the slide given the pin arrangement on the 315RST. I can pretty much get to a right angle with my short bed crew cab 2500HD. We are loving our 315RST. The way I look at it, the little problems that I solve are what makes my rig mine. I always have a mod or a fix in the works.
So that Curt hitch is working out for you okay? That's good to know.

That's the right attitude to have when purchasing a new trailer. It's easy to get frustrated when you pay so much money for a brand new product that needs repairs. Been there, done that myself. It's just the way it is with new campers.

Hopefully no major issues arise and the small ones I'll either take care of myself or make a list and let my dealer handle it under warranty.

That's why it's important to have a dealer with a good service department and good support from the manufacturer. I'm confident I have both.
__________________

Gary & Trish
"PT Crew Member Since 11/2010"
2017 Prime Time Crusader 315RST TE 6.0 : 2007 Flagstaff 206ST MAC Series
2012 F-250 Lariat : FX4 : CC : SB : 6.7L Diesel : 3/55 Gears

2016 Nights Camped - 9
grhodes50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 12:46 PM   #18
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Katy, Tx
Posts: 169
We love our 315, have had it for 2 years now. Only a few minor issues at the beginning. This is our 2nd PT product, we started withe the LaCrosse.

I also have the Curt Q20. I had the slider with the short bed and then got a long bed Ford and got the legs that fit the factory holes in the bed, I love it.

The Chinese Blow Max junk tires come off this weekend, to be replaced with Firestone Transforce HT's
__________________
2015 Crusader 315rst
2016 Ford F350 SRW 4x4 King Ranch 6.7L
Houstonkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 02:50 PM   #19
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Murrieta, CA
Posts: 8
I have a 2015 Crusader 31RST. Love the unit overall but the nose cap is already faded and I had to add an AC to the bedroom. I think my warranty has expired. I purchased in May 2015. Pulls great and brakes great. Wish I would have bargained for Goodyear tires. Been having issues with the TowMaXX.
__________________
wshelton1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 04:12 PM   #20
Senior Member
 
grhodes50's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Eastern Oklahoma, USA
Posts: 2,606
Quote:
Originally Posted by wshelton1 View Post
I have a 2015 Crusader 31RST. Love the unit overall but the nose cap is already faded and I had to add an AC to the bedroom. I think my warranty has expired. I purchased in May 2015. Pulls great and brakes great. Wish I would have bargained for Goodyear tires. Been having issues with the TowMaXX.
Contact PT about your nose cap. Even though you are out of warranty they may help.
Here's their contact link;
Prime Time Contact Us
__________________

__________________

Gary & Trish
"PT Crew Member Since 11/2010"
2017 Prime Time Crusader 315RST TE 6.0 : 2007 Flagstaff 206ST MAC Series
2012 F-250 Lariat : FX4 : CC : SB : 6.7L Diesel : 3/55 Gears

2016 Nights Camped - 9
grhodes50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
crusader

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:28 PM.