Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-23-2016, 03:14 PM   #21

PT had a 30 month warranty at one time on the fading caps....contact them and check into it

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums 🇺🇸
heavynlori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 04:53 PM   #22

Just a question on your front cap fading. Is it all over or just on the top portion? I was up on mine this week and noticed the very top part (that you can only see if you are on the roof) seems to be fading. The rest of the cap (and the unit) look like new. I am having the 2nd AC installed as we speak and having the large slide on the drivers side adjusted. Since I live in FL, I need the second AC. Still happy with the RV and hope to see about getting the front cap fixed if needed. Another thing I would not get again is the theater seating. I would opt for two recliners that swivel and rock. If one breaks, you don't have to replace them both and I can put a small table in between them is I need the storage.
johnruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 06:51 PM   #23

Thanks for the link. I will give it a try.
wshelton1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 06:59 PM   #24

The fading starts at the top and rapidly spreads down to Crusader name and below the decals. Looks good up to about 4' up from pin box area.
Old 09-27-2016, 05:49 PM   #25

Front Cap Fade

Larry at FR confirmed warranty and provided me a list of authorized service centers close to home. Thanks to all those active in the forum.
Old 09-27-2016, 07:38 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by wshelton1 View Post
Larry at FR confirmed warranty and provided me a list of authorized service centers close to home. Thanks to all those active in the forum.
Glad to hear they are taking care of you and thanks for letting us know. Please continue to keep us up to date.
Did you contact FR or PT?
grhodes50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 08:02 PM   #27

I contacted FR and Larry Elswick replied via email and by telephone. It looks like the nose cap warranty had been extended. Thanks to you my experience with this RV remains exceptional.
Old 09-27-2016, 10:44 PM   #28

You're welcome and not a problem, but to be honest, if it hadn't been me someone else on this forum would have gave you the same info. I just happened to be first this time.
Now hopefully you'll enjoy that 315RST as much as we do ours.

We're going up to the East OKC KOA this Friday and staying til Monday. Have an old high school gathering of sorts this weekend at an old classmates house, so thought we would take the camper up and stay in it.
Old 09-28-2016, 12:41 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by grhodes50 View Post
You're welcome and not a problem, but to be honest, if it hadn't been me someone else on this forum would have gave you the same info. I just happened to be first this time.
Now hopefully you'll enjoy that 315RST as much as we do ours.

We're going up to the East OKC KOA this Friday and staying til Monday. Have an old high school gathering of sorts this weekend at an old classmates house, so thought we would take the camper up and stay in it.

rracer5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2016, 09:32 PM   #30

Quote:
While I do feel for colo_native and the problems he's having, I believe his experience is outside the norm for PT. We have owned our LaCrosse for 6 years this Nov and what few minor problems we've had was dealt with promptly by my dealer and PT.

The dealer is an important part of choosing a camper. Their support and quality of service is key. colo_native didn't mention if he contacted PT himself or if the dealer did and then told him what PT said......and he mentioned the dealer wasn't treating him right, so.......

Here's a video from a Colorado RV dealer that he made about PT. It's long and he is showing the features of PT's toy hauler, but the first couple of minutes tells PT's history.

This video is Jeff at Four Seasons where we bought our 315. Funny to see the video as that was the sales pitch he gave us. Other than some lacking attention to detail I feel 315 gives good bang for the buck. We traded our 2000 Montana (keystone) for the Crusader and so far so good. Everyone knows every rig will have some issues,but nothing unsolveable so far. My advice to trailer buyers is to stay tuned to these forums. Most of our issues can be answered here.
Comanchecreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2016, 09:29 AM   #31

Funny you posted that video because that is where I bought mine and my issues are 50-50 PT and the dealer I shouldn't have to take something back 5 or 6 time for the same problem and have the same result and the other thing came from the factory
colo native is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2016, 09:37 AM   #32

Hate to hear that. I know it can be frustrating.
What issue is your dealer having problems fixing?
What issue came from the factory?
Old 10-22-2016, 02:56 PM   #33

The dealer can't seem or don't know how to fix the slide with the recliners it has a loud pop when it is about 6" from being fully open been at the shop 5-6 times for that. The Factory the window by the table they put the screws in so far that window won't open and is being replaced, one of the side wall in the bed slide has to be replaced, one of the windows in the bed slide was replaced both of the front landing gear have been replaced, sensors on the black and fresh tanks, the springs were replaced in the recliner replaced, couch issue, vanity door warped and replaced, the front cap replaced.
Old 10-23-2016, 12:59 PM   #34

WOW

You've had more than your fair share of issues.

We've been fortunate so far. We have one stove burner ignitor that has stopped working and a leak at the black tank rinse connection. Those should be easy fixes.

We are also having an issue with the main slide.....theater seating and dinette....only ours does the popping when first bringing it in. Worked fine during our PDI and the first few times after bringing it home.

I contacted PT and they believe it's an adjustment issue. Luckily my dealer's service department has a pretty good reputation. I'll probably take it in sometime next month to have them fix the slide and the other issues I mentioned. I'm fairly confident that they will find what the problem is with the slide and get it fixed properly. When that happens I'll let you know what they did.

You might try contacting PT and see if they will authorize a different RV repair service in your area to work on your slide out.
Prime Time Manufacturing - Manufacturer of Travel Trailers - Fifth Wheels
Old 10-23-2016, 01:25 PM   #35

I did contact PT and they thought it was a gear pack but dealer doesn't think so. I believe the slide is hitting at the top and needs to be adjusted and they said they would try that but now I am out of warranty and I will raise h**L if it happens again and insist it be fixed for free as it has been on going for almost a year, and for any further issues I will fix myself or go to a private shop that worked on my class A when I had it.
Old 10-23-2016, 02:11 PM   #36

PT does have a 30 month warranty on the cap fade but it is 30 months from the date of manufacture not from date of purchase. So check the manf. date to get the actual time frame.
johnruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2016, 02:45 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by colo native View Post
I did contact PT and they thought it was a gear pack but dealer doesn't think so. I believe the slide is hitting at the top and needs to be adjusted and they said they would try that but now I am out of warranty and I will raise h**L if it happens again and insist it be fixed for free as it has been on going for almost a year, and for any further issues I will fix myself or go to a private shop that worked on my class A when I had it.
I don't blame you. It's been an issue from the start and should be addressed at no cost to you until it is fixed correctly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnruff View Post
PT does have a 30 month warranty on the cap fade but it is 30 months from the date of manufacture not from date of purchase. So check the manf. date to get the actual time frame.
colo native posted he had his cap replaced. I believe he is only worried about his continuing slide issue remaining covered under warranty.
Old 10-23-2016, 06:16 PM   #38

Quote:
I don't blame you. It's been an issue from the start and should be addressed at no cost to you until it is fixed correctly.

colo native posted he had his cap replaced. I believe he is only worried about his continuing slide issue remaining covered under warranty.
You are correct I am worried mainly about the slide
Old 10-23-2016, 07:34 PM   #39

Quote:
WOW

You've had more than your fair share of issues.

We've been fortunate so far. We have one stove burner ignitor that has stopped working and a leak at the black tank rinse connection. Those should be easy fixes.

We are also having an issue with the main slide.....theater seating and dinette....only ours does the popping when first bringing it in. Worked fine during our PDI and the first few times after bringing it home.

I contacted PT and they believe it's an adjustment issue. Luckily my dealer's service department has a pretty good reputation. I'll probably take it in sometime next month to have them fix the slide and the other issues I mentioned. I'm fairly confident that they will find what the problem is with the slide and get it fixed properly. When that happens I'll let you know what they did.

You might try contacting PT and see if they will authorize a different RV repair service in your area to work on your slide out.
Prime Time Manufacturing - Manufacturer of Travel Trailers - Fifth Wheels

I had the same problem & decided to take a closer look. So, off comes the top cover and I'm checking for loose connections & moving the igniter wires around while turning the igniter knob looking for a spark and ZAP....YEOUCH . Yup, found a bare spot in the wire that was grounding against the bottom tray. Repositioned the wire and all burners light perfectly now!
rracer5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2016, 09:57 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by rracer5 View Post
I had the same problem & decided to take a closer look. So, off comes the top cover and I'm checking for loose connections & moving the igniter wires around while turning the igniter knob looking for a spark and ZAP....YEOUCH . Yup, found a bare spot in the wire that was grounding against the bottom tray. Repositioned the wire and all burners light perfectly now!
Thanks......I'll check that out.

Tags
crusader