Old 09-23-2016, 03:14 PM   #21

PT had a 30 month warranty at one time on the fading caps....contact them and check into it

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums 🇺🇸

Old 09-23-2016, 04:53 PM   #22

Just a question on your front cap fading. Is it all over or just on the top portion? I was up on mine this week and noticed the very top part (that you can only see if you are on the roof) seems to be fading. The rest of the cap (and the unit) look like new. I am having the 2nd AC installed as we speak and having the large slide on the drivers side adjusted. Since I live in FL, I need the second AC. Still happy with the RV and hope to see about getting the front cap fixed if needed. Another thing I would not get again is the theater seating. I would opt for two recliners that swivel and rock. If one breaks, you don't have to replace them both and I can put a small table in between them is I need the storage.

johnruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 06:51 PM   #23

Thanks for the link. I will give it a try.
Old 09-23-2016, 06:59 PM   #24

The fading starts at the top and rapidly spreads down to Crusader name and below the decals. Looks good up to about 4' up from pin box area.
Old 09-27-2016, 05:49 PM   #25

Front Cap Fade

Larry at FR confirmed warranty and provided me a list of authorized service centers close to home. Thanks to all those active in the forum.
Old 09-27-2016, 07:38 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by wshelton1 View Post
Larry at FR confirmed warranty and provided me a list of authorized service centers close to home. Thanks to all those active in the forum.
Glad to hear they are taking care of you and thanks for letting us know. Please continue to keep us up to date.
Did you contact FR or PT?

Gary & Trish
"PT Crew Member Since 11/2010"
2017 Prime Time Crusader 315RST TE 6.0 : 2007 Flagstaff 206ST MAC Series
2012 F-250 Lariat : FX4 : CC : SB : 6.7L Diesel : 3/55 Gears

2017 Nights Camped - 4
grhodes50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 08:02 PM   #27

I contacted FR and Larry Elswick replied via email and by telephone. It looks like the nose cap warranty had been extended. Thanks to you my experience with this RV remains exceptional.
Old 09-27-2016, 10:44 PM   #28

You're welcome and not a problem, but to be honest, if it hadn't been me someone else on this forum would have gave you the same info. I just happened to be first this time.
Now hopefully you'll enjoy that 315RST as much as we do ours.

We're going up to the East OKC KOA this Friday and staying til Monday. Have an old high school gathering of sorts this weekend at an old classmates house, so thought we would take the camper up and stay in it.

Gary & Trish
"PT Crew Member Since 11/2010"
2017 Prime Time Crusader 315RST TE 6.0 : 2007 Flagstaff 206ST MAC Series
2012 F-250 Lariat : FX4 : CC : SB : 6.7L Diesel : 3/55 Gears

2017 Nights Camped - 4
grhodes50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 12:41 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by grhodes50 View Post
You're welcome and not a problem, but to be honest, if it hadn't been me someone else on this forum would have gave you the same info. I just happened to be first this time.
Now hopefully you'll enjoy that 315RST as much as we do ours.

We're going up to the East OKC KOA this Friday and staying til Monday. Have an old high school gathering of sorts this weekend at an old classmates house, so thought we would take the camper up and stay in it.

rracer5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2016, 09:32 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by grhodes50 View Post
While I do feel for colo_native and the problems he's having, I believe his experience is outside the norm for PT. We have owned our LaCrosse for 6 years this Nov and what few minor problems we've had was dealt with promptly by my dealer and PT.

The dealer is an important part of choosing a camper. Their support and quality of service is key. colo_native didn't mention if he contacted PT himself or if the dealer did and then told him what PT said......and he mentioned the dealer wasn't treating him right, so.......

Here's a video from a Colorado RV dealer that he made about PT. It's long and he is showing the features of PT's toy hauler, but the first couple of minutes tells PT's history.

Tags
crusader