Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-11-2012, 09:59 PM   #1

Crusader 320 question

It is our second trip out and some things have gone wrong. Little things but annoying none the less.

#1 the furnace vents on the floor and the furnace intake vent. They have hot air rushing out all the time. Right now I keep them covered with towels. We live right next to the gates of hell (south Texas) so its already hot enough. We have the 2nd air conditioner in the bedroom. Is there some sort of cover system I can get for them? The rv guy said just use towels but it looks like crap.

#2 the microwave works but doesn't microwave. Sounds stupid but that's the best way to describe it. It comes on, can be programmed, goes through power levels if I choose but nothing gets hot. Not even water. Very strange. They say we need to take it out and give it back for replacement. Any technical thoughts on if a wire might be loose?

#3 the bed slants. If I lie on one side I feel like I am rolling off. But on the other side it is normal. One friend said they ended up shimming theirs to make it level. Is this a normal problem? DH wants to make them replace it but if it's an easy fix I would rather not give the camper up for a couple of weeks.

#4 shower drizzles water. I have twice the pressure in the sinks and the outside shower. Is this normal? Is that why they sell high priced pressure increasing shower heads at camper world? Any reccomendations of brands?

Thanks for any thoughts that might help. I love it other than the minor things. Hauls like a dream and is very comfortable.

Michelle Welch
Texas
Ford F250 4x4
Prime Time Crusader 320RLT Touring Edition
2013 days 7
Mpwelch50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 10:07 PM   #2
Site Team

My shower head used to be a drizzle too until I soaked it in CLR. That made a big difference. Those shower heads you mentioned has a reputation for being the best in the RV world.
BTW - welcome to the FRF.

Formerly owned 2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 10:09 PM   #3
William

The only issue in common that I experienced on our 320 is the water flow. Our kitchen sink was doing the same thing. I took the filter off of the spout and it was clogged with plastic shavings, probably from the factory. I have had other issues and we have been well served by our dealer. I would definately have the dealer see that those isssues are solved.
2015 (38 Nights Camped/3560 Miles)
2014 (28 Nights Camped/1980 Miles)
2013 (30 Nights Camped/1411 Miles)
WEMig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 06:53 AM   #4

Check your local home improvement store for vents that open and close, we replaced ours in our old Wildwood and the new LaCrosse. Take an old vent or just measured the cutout opening, 4x8 I think. We keep them closes when we are not using the furnace as this keeps dirt and things out of the ductwork.
Cedar Creek Sams President

RVing is a tough job,BUT someone has to do it!
Wildwood Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 11:06 AM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpwelch50 View Post
#1 the furnace vents on the floor and the furnace intake vent. They have hot air rushing out all the time. Right now I keep them covered with towels. We live right next to the gates of hell (south Texas) so its already hot enough. We have the 2nd air conditioner in the bedroom. Is there some sort of cover system I can get for them? The rv guy said just use towels but it looks like crap.
This doesn't make sense at all. Are you saying that you have air flow out of the furnace's floor outlets when the furnace and fan is off?

Outside hot air wouldn't be entering your camper through the furnace...it only draws/exhausts outside air to the burner for combustion.

Dave

Nights camped in 2013 - 55, 2014 - 105, 2015 - 63
Dave_Monica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 12:43 PM   #6

DW bought magnetic covers for our floor registers. I think she got them at Home Depot or Walmart. They can be trimmed to fit and are printed to actually look like floor registers.
Wiscampsin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 11:08 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_Monica View Post
This doesn't make sense at all. Are you saying that you have air flow out of the furnace's floor outlets when the furnace and fan is off?

Outside hot air wouldn't be entering your camper through the furnace...it only draws/exhausts outside air to the burner for combustion.

Dave
X2..... There should be no air coming from any floor vents when the furnace is OFF, such as when the A/C is running. Unless, there is a wire crossed in the thermostat and the furnace is running along with the A/C. Is that the case?
rracer5 is offline   Reply With Quote