Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-23-2014, 11:07 AM   #1

Crusader 334ckt

Well, hated to see myself trade off my puma unleashed 356QLB toy hauler, but I let it go & bought a 2014 crusader 334ckt. What a machine! We absolutely love it! Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1414080380.567343.jpg
Views:	557
Size:	875.3 KB
ID:	65211Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1414080418.107952.jpg
Views:	235
Size:	682.8 KB
ID:	65212
Poppy94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 01:06 PM   #2

That's a beast, very nice unit!
Old 10-23-2014, 03:22 PM   #3

Welcome to the Crusader family !

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
heavynlori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 03:46 PM   #4

Thank you, we plan on wearing this thing out!
Old 10-26-2014, 12:18 PM   #5

We currently own a LaCrosse 303RKS, which we really like, but right now we are LOOKING () at 5er's. Ran accross the 334CKT and my wife and I both like the floorplan.
The main reason for the change is due to my back problems. The Equalizer hitch is beginning to be too much for me to handle. I had back surgery in '07 due to a bulging disc. Last month I injured my back again and the MRI now shows a ruptured disc, so set up and tear is a concern
Please let me know how the 334CKT performs.....ease of set up etc.....
Thanks in advance....
grhodes50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 07:30 PM   #6

Set up is so easy, I'm already spoiled. I get out, push a button to lower front jacks till I unhook, then press a button & the auto leveler takes over for 2-4 minutes while I string out water hose, satellite dish & such. Dealer told me it is highly recommended to be plugged in to operate leveling system as it is 12v. Not required though. Pulls like a dream, couldn't ask for anything better other than cheaper diesel fuel for me to burn-(haha). We are very satisfied, all I did was show my wife 4 different trailers & she picked it out. The main features that sold us on it was the auto leveler and the slow sweeping stairwell into the bedroom (my beloved is short & my knees are going out). We totally enjoy the view of the windows, fireplace is a bonus so I may not have to burn too much propane. It has plenty of living space and storage spaces for everything you can get think of to take. You're right, the floor plan is superb, seems like it is more open than other models. King size bed and closet space like you've never seen. I didn't hesitate, this was the one for us.
Old 10-27-2014, 07:13 AM   #7

Hey Poppy94......that sounds great. Our dealer has one on his lot, but they are approx 120 miles away. I do get up that way from time to time, so I'll plan a stop next time I'm up there.
As I mentioned we are just LOOKING right now, but when and if we decide to purchase a 5'er I would like to have our choices narrowed down to 2 or 3 models.
Thanks again.

P.S. I also understand about the knees. I have had both operated on as well. Guess I just had a little too much fun in my younger days.
grhodes50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 10:35 AM   #8
ttg

Welcome to Crusader Poppy94
We traded our 37' 2010 MH this year for the same Crusader 334CKT as you have. At first I was wondering if I was nuts going from a MH to the 5'er.
There has only been one trip so far worth about 3500 miles but we love this unit so far. Like you mentioned, the sweeping staircase, the spacious king bedroom and the properly laid out entertainment area have us sold on this model. I have more storage area with this 5'er than the total of the basement area in the MH. There were a few problems on the first trip, most of those were easily remedied. There was one slide out repair that required a dealership to fix while on the road. One of the grey water dump valves was missing and difficult to figure out but it has been said that all models come with these original problems that must be sorted out. We are very satisfied with this unit.
ttg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 02:57 PM   #9

TTG, that is great! Thank you for the heads up!

Tags
crusader