Old 05-15-2013, 03:21 PM   #11

I actually meant 34tbok-6 or crusader 335bhs

I know that a gas engine isn't the best for towing, but figured that since the Crusader is under 10,000 lbs it would be workable. but I am not sure on the Sabre weight.

I appreciate the great info though, and now I am wondering even more what to do!

We have had no problems at all with the travel trailer loaded down with lots of stuff and water etc. We started with a 1500 pickup (which struggled a lot!!0 and then immediately moved to the 3500, and it has done great with it. Can barely tell it is there. The info says the Crusader is about 1000 lbs heavier than the travel trailer, so thought it should still do a great job with it.

So many details to pay attention to with these things. We do love camping though and we want to pick what is going to do the job best for us.

Old 05-15-2013, 03:35 PM   #12
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

The tbok is a 1000 lbs lighter almost 2000lbs but the pin weight is a 100 lbs more then 36qbok

Old 05-15-2013, 03:37 PM   #13
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

1,923 lbs.*pin
10,215 lbs.*uvw
13,923 lbs.*gvwr
3,658 lbs.*cargo capacity
40' ft

Tbok
Old 05-15-2013, 09:15 PM   #14
Toy-aholic

Best thing to do is go through both of them and see the diff. I don't think your truck will have a problem towing but you WILL go through ALOT of gas!
Old 05-15-2013, 09:28 PM   #15
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

I've towed a 7500lb TT with an 06' 6.0L with 4:10 gears, and it was all it wanted to do to pull at highway speeds. It was a high profile TT, but not nearly as high as a 5er. Even with the Crusader at under 10k dry weight, wet weight will be more like 11-12k. Even though the truck can easily handle the weight, I'm not sure the motor can. I was greatly disappointed in the performance of my 6.0L.
Old 05-15-2013, 09:36 PM   #16

I see that you have the 335BHS EXGMTech. We are unable to find either model that we are looking at in person anywhere close to us. You don't have to answer these questions but if you would it would be helpful. Our dealer has one coming off the line at the plant on the 4th of June. We won't be able to see it for a few days after. We were sold on this model over everything until we saw the sabre online. Found out today that our dealer that we like and prefer does not sell the Sabre. So on the Crusader is there room in the master bedroom to change your clothes etc. if you want to? Is the floor flush or step up in there? Is there a tv mount or do you have to put it in yourself in there? Can you hook up the tv outside? Is there anything you don't like about that model? What are the best features? Thank you for your previous post!
Old 05-15-2013, 09:42 PM   #17
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowarvnewbie View Post
I see that you have the 335BHS. We are unable to find either model that we are looking at in person anywhere close to us. You don't have to answer these questions but if you would it would be helpful. Our dealer has one coming off the line at the plant on the 4th of June. We won't be able to see it for a few days after. We were sold on this model over everything until we saw the sabre online. Found out today that our dealer that we like and prefer does not sell the Sabre. So on the Crusader is there room in the master bedroom to change your clothes etc. if you want to? Is the floor flush or step up in there? Is there a tv mount or do you have to put it in yourself in there? Can you hook up the tv outside? Is there anything you don't like about that model? What are the best features? Thank you for your previous post!
Where do u live?
Old 05-15-2013, 09:59 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1100turbo View Post
Where do u live?
We live in the southwest corner of Iowa. Council Bluffs, Omaha, and Lincoln are close enough to us with work schedule. Nobody has either of these there. A few days after June 4th there will be a 2014 335BHS. Not sure on dates for the Sabre. Only one dealer in the area carries that one.
Old 05-15-2013, 10:03 PM   #19
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

http://www.cheyennecampingcenter.com...SB34TBOK_value

Cheyenne has them and there not to far from sw Iowa.

I bet the price is attractive to !
Old 05-15-2013, 10:13 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1100turbo View Post
Sabre 34TBOK-6 5th Wheel by Palomino

Cheyenne has them and there not far.

I bet the price is attractive to !
Thanks! I actually had looked at those pics online, but hadn't looked to see where they were. A little over four hours from us, so not too bad on a weekend after school gets out.

Really like how helpful everyone is on here! Wish I would have thought of posting on here three weeks ago when we started looking.