Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-15-2014, 10:46 PM   #1

Crusader 360BHS bottom probs

I think my under belly was done on Friday........ First the fresh tank would not fill all the way up took it in turns out vent was improperly ran....2nd when dumping rear tanks would empty till dry then take off and 5-10 gal of grey water would come out of drain turns out somebody put wrong fitting in and had a low spot in the system........ Now grey tank leaking factory ran a screw for under belly right u through bottom of the tank I thought there was a prime time factory rep on here can someone send me his contact info
Ccfd48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 04:40 AM   #2

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1397641202.367168.jpg
Views:	185
Size:	51.9 KB
ID:	49961
Todouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 10:55 AM   #3

Don't feel bad, I had more than a few issues that required dropping our underbelly last year as well. We also experienced the FW fill issue. Also a leak. All were fixed by my dealer.

I hope your dealer takes care of these issues for you.

1 Fantastic DW
1 Amazing DD
1 Beagle that will be missed (RIP Zeus)
another_newfie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 10:58 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by another_newfie View Post
Don't feel bad, I had more than a few issues that required dropping our underbelly last year as well. We also experienced the FW fill issue. Also a leak. All were fixed by my dealer.

I hope your dealer takes care of these issues for you.

What's the fw fill problem and fix for it? I have not used mine yet but will in three weeks. Just curious if I will have a problem.
Todouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 11:02 AM   #5

The tank will not fill all the way. Initially ours would only fill to 1/3 and it would spew out the fill tube. When I had my dealer fix the leak they also looked into this issue and they 'attempted to fix it'. It would then fill to about 2/3. I finally dropped the underbelly myself since my dealer did an awful job of taping it and I routed I tied the vent tube up against the underside of the floor and took the low spots out of it. I also tightened up the fill tube.

You can tell if you are experiencing this by filling the FW tank and listening for air escaping via the vent tube. If there is a low spot or improper routing you won't hear it. It is quite obvious if it isn't working the way it should. Now I can stuff my FW tank full with 60G and get 3 nights out of it.

1 Fantastic DW
1 Amazing DD
1 Beagle that will be missed (RIP Zeus)
another_newfie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 12:48 PM   #6

I also had the issue filling the FW tank - I've read here that many have with Crusaders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by another_newfie View Post
ABBREVIATED: The tank will not fill all the way.... If there is a low spot or improper routing you won't hear it. It is quite obvious if it isn't working the way it should.
Very true. Before I fill, I simply blow back into the vent with a small tube thingy I made which clears the line, then I have no issue getting it full.
Curt Q20

zs325RES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 11:11 AM   #7

LOL, I had the same probs judt did it my self and fixed it correctly
Ccfd48 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
crusader