Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-26-2013, 10:57 PM   #1

Crusader 360bhs Likes and Dislikes

when we got our crusader everything was fabulous as any new fifth is then you live in it and find out what works and what does not. So first, the couch in the front room makes out to be a bed that blocks off access to the rest of the trailer when in use (not very well thought through) our solution was to exchange the futon sofa in the rear with the sofa in the living area (after we called the mfg and made sure it was ok) we did have to modify our dining area to do this however, it works no more blocked walk way and we saved all the sleeping areas. Next we were never told we needed slide out supports for any slide out over 24 in deep and whatever wide. Big mistake our main slide started sagging after only 2 months of use luckly all this repair is under warranty for the time being. We now have slide supports. Last is the rocking this fifth wheel does not have enough support jacks on its own to control the rear rocking. It will take a king pin stabillizer and additional jacks to make it bearable ( we have 4 additional jacks and still feel the kids toss at night in bed). Positives love the upgraded furniture and cabinets, love the auto level, fireplace, solid surface countertops, outdoor kitchen ( though we wish it had a sink and was lower to the ground) love the 2 bathrooms and bedrooms. Overall we do love this unit. I would give it an 8 out of 10 and the price was right cheaper then anything else
jasjuju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 07:07 AM   #2

Who told you slide supports are needed? First I've heard of sag without. Agreed shakes are bad. Thinking Jt strong arms or similar will help.
Old 09-27-2013, 08:06 AM   #3

I have the model just before yours the 355BHQ and I was told by PrimeTime to NEVER use slide out supports!!

I have not had that problem with my slides. I am not sure what you mean by sag but if you are referring to sag of the floor then it is most likely on your dinette super slide and the floor has been stepped on while it was closed. This will pull the screws out of the dinette bench where it is attached to the floor and will then sag.

While I don't have the auto leveling system I do put my rear stab down and then put a set of jacks just behind the rear tires of the coach and raise them to just touch the frame to keep the tires from bouncing. Otherwise my JT strongarms work very good.

IMO you will not totally eliminate the movement in your trailer unless you level it on blocks (like a mobile home) and remove the tires.

Otherwise we love our trailer too! we don't use the Jackknife sofa for a bed so that has not been a problem for us.

Good luck
Lynkage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 08:56 AM   #4

You were mis-informed. You do not need slide supports. In fact you might want to avoid them. They'll cause major issues should they be in use and any settling occur.

Get yourself some form of triangulation to help reduce the bounce/shake. Such as JT Strongarms etc.

1 Fantastic DW
1 Amazing DD
1 Beagle that will be missed (RIP Zeus)
another_newfie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 10:17 AM   #5

we were told by another dealer that we needed the side out supports.
Old 09-27-2013, 10:25 AM   #6
William

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasjuju View Post
IMO, thats some bad information. I dont believe that the slides have changed from my 2012 model and my large slides on my 320 doesnt require slide supports. Id get a second opinion from Prime Time.
2015 (38 Nights Camped/3560 Miles)
2014 (28 Nights Camped/1980 Miles)
2013 (30 Nights Camped/1411 Miles)
WEMig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 10:27 AM   #7

The sag I am referring to is in the living room side out upon extension of the slide the room was always on angle sagging down ( things on my table would slide to the wall) either from travel or from the weight on the rods. The 2 rods are only 2" for a 13' slide. We don't walk on the slide when it is not open. We have had it adjusted 2 times in 6 months due to this issue thus, why we purchased the slide out supports. So far we have had no additional problems. Although now I am concerned that so many have bad things to say about the supports.
Old 09-27-2013, 10:31 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasjuju View Post

Bogus info. My crusader is a 2013 and as I said above PT said DO NOT USE SLIDE SUPPORTS!!

They may void your slide warranty as well if they find you were using them.

Call Roger at PT and get the same info for yourself.
Old 09-27-2013, 10:38 AM   #9

The slides are not a complete rectangle.

They are supposed to go out at an angle where the top of the slide hits the top of the wall first then the bottom hits and completes the seal.
Same going in top hits first then the bottom is pulled in.
Otherwise the slide would not seal properly and would leak at the top.

My slide is the same size as yours and has the same dinette and sofa in it.
Old 09-27-2013, 09:21 PM   #10

So after speaking with Rick at pt. you are right he said no slide supports are needed. Something is wrong with mine have to take it to Indiana in the spring for them to fix. When my slide is out it seals now but when it is in it does not, and when they adjust it the reverse happens I never get a seal both ways so for now we chose to have the inside seal rather than the outside.
Thanks for the replys

Tags
crusader