Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-10-2011, 12:09 PM   #1

Crusader Air Conditioning question

We just returned from our first trip in our new Crusader. I noticed that when running the A/C I hear the A/C unit turn on and off when its supposed to but the fan runs all the time. Is this normal? I have the thermostat set on cool, everything seems to work fine but the fan never shuts off. I'm not complaining, it keeps the air circulating, I just dont want to burn out the fan motor. Thanks.
RossandDonna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 12:41 PM   #2

When the Fan Mode switch on the thermostat is set to On, the fan will run continuously (whether or not the compressor is running). If you want the fan to run only while the compressor is on (running) set the Fan Mode switch to Auto.
frankm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 03:27 PM   #3

I understand but I have a dtgital thermostat. There is only fan, cool or furnace selections and on and off for the power all on the same button. There is no auto selection for the fan.
Old 08-10-2011, 03:50 PM   #4

Use the On/Off Mode button to select FAN. Then use the +/- button to select either Hi, Lo or Auto. When the fan is in the Hi or Lo setting it will run continuously while the compressor will cycle on and off. In the Auto mode the fan will cycle on and off as well.
If the fan is set on Hi or Lo while using the furnace, the AC fan will run continuously, so be sure to set the fan on Auto when using the furnace. You can, however, leave the AC fan running while using the furnace to help with condensation problems.

Use the On/Off Mode button to select COOL. Use the +/- button to select the thermostat temperature setting. (same procedures for the furnace)

When in the Auto mode for the AC the fan will run on high when the room temperature is 5º or higher than the thermostat setting. When the room temperature drops to within 4º or less than the thermostat setting, the fan will stop for a few seconds the start again in the Lo mode.

Hope this helps.

Dometic Digital Thermostat
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Thermostat.jpg
Views:	633
Size:	49.9 KB
ID:	7320  
grhodes50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 03:50 PM   #5

I talked to Shane from Prime Time and he solved my problem for me. My dealer never included the manual for my thermostat so I didnt know how to set the fan up. Shane e-mailed me the manual and told me where to find the settings. He also took care of a couple of other problems for me. all is well now! Prime Time customer service is #1 in my book. Thank you Shane Imus.
Old 08-10-2011, 03:57 PM   #6

grhodes50 I just missed your post thats exactly what Shane told me to do. Thank you for your help. Everyone on this site is very helpful.
Old 08-10-2011, 05:25 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by RossandDonna
I understand but I have a dtgital thermostat. There is only fan, cool or furnace selections and on and off for the power all on the same button. There is no auto selection for the fan.
Sorry I shouldn't have assumed you had a regular (non-digital) thermostat. I see that you are all ok now.
frankm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 05:32 PM   #8

So Ross and Donna ref to your post, (He also took care of a couple of other problems for me. all is well now) what else was there ????? just curious ??? cause we had the same problem with our AC in our new unit.
Old 08-10-2011, 10:20 PM   #9

Just some minor things like the latch for one of the bathroom drawers was never screwed in and one of the swivel rockers was missing a plastic foot. They are sending the screws and the foot for the chair. I had to use Coach Net to repair a schrader valve that was bad in one of my tires but Prime Time is reimbursing me for the bill. Other than that it was a great first trip. I hope all goes well for you!
Old 08-10-2011, 10:37 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by RossandDonna View Post
grhodes50 I just missed your post thats exactly what Shane told me to do. Thank you for your help. Everyone on this site is very helpful.
Glad to see you got things worked out. It took me a little while to figure out the digital thermostat and I have the manual!

Hopefully others will benefit from my post.
grhodes50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 10:47 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankm View Post
Sorry I shouldn't have assumed you had a regular (non-digital) thermostat. I see that you are all ok now.
Frankm no need for an apology I'm grateful for your imput, thanks.
Old 08-12-2011, 08:11 AM   #12

Looks like they didn't give the manual to anyone. I went through the same thing until I joined this forum. Went four days with the fan running.
BellaGrace is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
air conditioner