Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-12-2014, 09:28 PM   #21
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: South West PA
Posts: 2,947
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
Which side is that? Curb side or Driver side?
Looks like the Drivers side. Mine is located on the Drivers side as well. I did find a coil of extra wire, maybe 10ft. or so. I'll move the controller to the passenger side until I find the weather proof shallow box as this location allows the basement door to flip all the way up hence allowing me to to locate the controller at a higher level for ease of operation.
__________________

__________________
grayfox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 09:33 PM   #22
Mod free 5er
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Concord, NC
Posts: 24,215
Quote:
Originally Posted by grayfox View Post
Looks like the Drivers side. Mine is located on the Drivers side as well. I did find a coil of extra wire, maybe 10ft. or so. I'll move the controller to the passenger side until I find the weather proof shallow box as this location allows the basement door to flip all the way up hence allowing me to to locate the controller at a higher level for ease of operation.
Was wondering as we installed a roll out shelf on the drivers side.
__________________

__________________
OldCoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 09:49 PM   #23
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: South West PA
Posts: 2,947
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
Was wondering as we installed a roll out shelf on the drivers side.
I would prefer the Drivers side just because of the location of the utility's... convince. Most all the things I need for setup and knock down all in one place .
__________________
grayfox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 07:23 AM   #24
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Katy, Tx
Posts: 186
Quote:
Originally Posted by gljurczyk View Post
Do you know what happen yet? They told me that they changed the boards, I don't know if they just added an update or what they didn't say and never asked, but he said you got the new board (Controller). Did yours come with a by-pass switch to just let both rams come down in the front landing gear? It replaced my electrical landing gear rocker switch? If I use that it brings down both front legs together, not 1 at a time like the control board will.

I haven't heard anything yet. It is in the shop for another repair (my fault, don't ask ) They haven't looked at the auto level yet. Any time I went to manual mode and tried to move the rear jacks it was giving me an error on the LR jack. Basically only the front jacks would work.
__________________
2015 Crusader 315rst
2016 Ford F350 SRW 4x4 King Ranch 6.7L
Houstonkid is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 01:15 PM   #25
CMSgt. (Ret) Charlie Brown
 
CMSgt (Ret) Charlie Brown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Cumming, Ga
Posts: 253
We have a 2015 Crusader with the system and love it. We try to start with nose a little low. Other wise, it try's to pick wheels off the ground.


Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
__________________
CMSgt (Ret) Charlie Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 01:33 PM   #26
Senior Member
 
Witch Doctor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Clarksville Va.
Posts: 7,615
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
Which side is that? Curb side or Driver side?
That is on the driver side, You know that the other side door isn't big enough to put a control in and also it is on the same side as all the manifolds are on and motor, very smart of LCI.
__________________
Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
With 4 point leveling system
Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 01:48 PM   #27
Senior Member
 
Witch Doctor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Clarksville Va.
Posts: 7,615
Quote:
Originally Posted by CMSgt (Ret) Charlie Brown View Post
We have a 2015 Crusader with the system and love it. We try to start with nose a little low. Other wise, it try's to pick wheels off the ground.


Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Do you have the LCD screen which shows errors and off sets of all the rams? I know the old system only had idiot lights that showed and never told you what to do? I get an error message now and then and just hit enter that it tells you to recognize the error then it will erase, if it don't I just pull the plug in back after shutting down the power and re power up, so far that has worked. Still have not learned how to use the rear ram as a jack, that it say's you can do. Still tiring to refine my operation but the CD they gave me with it is great help. Your suppose to be able to just use one jack in the manual mode to change a tire. When I try and keep learning I have to keep it hooked up to my truck. They say you can stop any command but I couldn't do it yet, but I will figure it out. It's the best thing I have ever done was to put that system in. I mean it is perfectly level. I have had to put boards under my rear wheels only at home but my drive way sloops back so it will try and pick the wheel up but now the 2x6 stops that and it's solid with the 15 degree off set of the rams.... Also do you have a rocker switch in front that will drop your landing legs together not one at a time like the control board will do? I only ask that because that replaced my electrical old system, works the same way. It doesn't take much to impress me hell OC'S poles impress me but this is a great system.
__________________
Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
With 4 point leveling system
Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 04:43 PM   #28
Senior Member
 
zs325RES's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Byron Center, MI
Posts: 337
Quote:
Originally Posted by gljurczyk View Post
Did your control panel come with the digital screen with read outs or just lights? What tricks did you learn?
Mine has the LCD readout with lights by the buttons.
The most important trick is to extend the front landing gear before dropping the jacks to lift it off the hitch. This gives the system room to adjust for level front to back.


OK so all this got me thinking. I haven't liked where my panel is located because it's a bit hard to see and access as some here have opined.
I removed my curb side propane tank in the beginning in the interest of using the space for other things like storing an extra waste basket and washing bucket, etc., and it removed a lot of weight as well. We use propane mostly for cooking only and the occasional fridge cooling when underway. A 20# tank can last us 10 years or more, so there's no need to haul all that extra fuel.
I decided to mount the panel in this space which is much more convenient to access IMO. The control panel has plenty of extra lead length, so moving it was no problem, I just needed to make a wood spacer to drop it down to the right height. Yes it's on curb side, a bit inconvenient when tweaking the landing gear when hooking up, but I'll see how this works for now.


__________________

2013 Crusader 325RES Touring Edition
2006 Silverado 2500HD LT SW ECSB, 6L LQ4/4L80E 4.10s w/16K Curt slider (not necessary), Air Lift bags & Black Bear Performance tune & CAI

Norm & Karen Zondervan
zs325RES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 05:15 PM   #29
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: South West PA
Posts: 2,947
Quote:
Originally Posted by zs325RES View Post
Mine has the LCD readout with lights by the buttons.
The most important trick is to extend the front landing gear before dropping the jacks to lift it off the hitch. This gives the system room to adjust for level front to back.


OK so all this got me thinking. I haven't liked where my panel is located because it's a bit hard to see and access as some here have opined.
I removed my curb side propane tank in the beginning in the interest of using the space for other things like storing an extra waste basket and washing bucket, etc., and it removed a lot of weight as well. We use propane mostly for cooking only and the occasional fridge cooling when underway. A 20# tank can last us 10 years or more, so there's no need to haul all that extra fuel.
I decided to mount the panel in this space which is much more convenient to access IMO. The control panel has plenty of extra lead length, so moving it was no problem, I just needed to make a wood spacer to drop it down to the right height. Yes it's on curb side, a bit inconvenient when tweaking the landing gear when hooking up, but I'll see how this works for now.


I'm going to mount the control panel just inside the baggage door curb side as well, as the baggage door flips all the way up. I think it will be a bit inconvenient, but much easier to access Still looking for a weather proof shallow hatch type box to mount on the side of the trailer. I'm trying to get the panel out and up to almost eye level if possible.
__________________
grayfox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 01:54 PM   #30
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 226
Quote:
Originally Posted by rscconrad View Post
The main trick is not to deploy your landing gear all the way to the ground. Have them hit the ground then pick them up two or three holes.

This allows everything to be able to move up and down. If you start with fully retracted landing gears, pull the pin and let them hit the ground, it can not take the front or back lower, just higher. Picking the whole camper off the ground can happen this way.

...
I'm new this year to RVs with my 5th wheel. I've had a bit of a learning curve with the auto-leveling system. I find I have to get it pretty darn close to level in order for the system to work -- otherwise it tends to lift the wheels off the ground. Or, there isn't enough throw in the gears to solve the problem. A couple of times I've given up trying to use it and just manually leveled the trailer.

I'll try your tip of raising the landing gear up a couple of holes before using the system. I typically drop the gears to the ground and raise them back to the first hole.

I've had enough hassle that I've put some little RV level placards on the rv next to the auto-leveling control panel and bought the Andersen Camper Levelers so that I'm mostly level when I use the auto-leveling system.
__________________

__________________
2014 Crusader 296BHS
2015 GMC 2500HD Denali
kohai is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
crusader, leveling

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:47 AM.