Old 10-02-2014, 10:47 AM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by wicked1 View Post
I don't know I am looking at a 2014 294 right now and it doesn't seem to be an issue where the factory puts the panel? Is there any reason to move it other than having to bend down seems out of the way where PT put it?

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Nope that is the only reason, plus if you go back to the first post, I think it had to do with the layout of the slide. But the slide should be in only before you begin or retract you should be level first. At least that is what I have learned.

Witch Doctor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 11:24 AM   #52

Never been a problem on my 294 in the factory location. It's a breeze to get to!

Old 10-02-2014, 11:25 AM   #53
Toy-aholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by gljurczyk View Post
Nope that is the only reason, plus if you go back to the first post, I think it had to do with the layout of the slide. But the slide should be in only before you begin or retract you should be level first. At least that is what I have learned.
I was told differently, the weight of the slides will change level so they should be out BEFORE.

I too, see no reason to relocate the panel...I like it to be out of the weather & locked. Bending down is not that big of a deal.
Old 10-02-2014, 05:07 PM   #54

Just for us OFs with back and knee probs. j/k I'll probably leave mine as is.

2014 295rst champ te
2009 2500hd GMC d/a
Old 10-02-2014, 05:46 PM   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by EXGMTech View Post
I was told differently, the weight of the slides will change level so they should be out BEFORE.

I too, see no reason to relocate the panel...I like it to be out of the weather & locked. Bending down is not that big of a deal.
There is no way that a slide should be deployed before a unit is level or close to it. You can bind a slide being not level. A slide will not cause your unit not to be level. Your putting stress on the gears if you are not level. You level the unit first, then extend your slides. I have never ever heard of that before, where is that info listed that you pull into a site a let the slides out without leveling first? That's just pure bad information IMO with due respect that someone gave you.

Old 10-02-2014, 05:54 PM   #56

I spoke to Shasta on my 27RLSS they say level 100% then put slides out? So that is what I do level then connect lines then slide out

Old 10-02-2014, 06:14 PM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by wicked1 View Post
I spoke to Shasta on my 27RLSS they say level 100% then put slides out? So that is what I do level then connect lines then slide out

You are correct, One advantage of the level system per Lipperts instructions, that you can deploy the rear rams to stabilize only at a rest stop and stay hooked to your hitch to open the slides. You have to be LEVEL FIRST before deploying them or your going to have a very big bill for gear replacement. If you think your unit came out of level, then you just hit auto level again but your not going to go through the same motion it will just check your degree's that you leveled at no harm there, but you are level already.....I have never heard of such a thing. Once again bad information. I know I would never do it. I never did it without the system......

Old 10-02-2014, 06:23 PM   #58
Jack of All Trades

You might want to reconsider locking the propane door, DOT restricts the locking of the propane tank compartment, due to fire regulations requiring quick access of the shut off valves.

"Propane tanks and the shut off valves for them must be in an unlocked compartment or accessible at all times. That is why all RVs with chassis mount tanks have them in an unlocked compartment or at least the shut off valve is accessible without a key. And RV's with 20 or 30 lb propane bottles must be in an unlockable compartment. Tongue mounted propane bottles must also have easy access to the shut out valves."

It's also covered in NFPA Code 1192, RV fuel system regulations.

Rick
ScanGauge, TST 507 TPMS
RJHuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 10:49 AM   #59

Question

Hate to change the direction of this thread but have a question to ask.

I have a 2014 Crusader 325RES that I just got back from the dealer having warranty work done on it. When I tried to set it up once I got home, I keep getting an error message about the right rear leg. It won't move at all, even in manual mode. I'll have to take it back I guess on Monday but wanted to do some things this weekend.

I noticed it has an arm that appears to allow manual operation with a tool of some sort. I don't see anything in my trailer that would fit but my truck jack handle might if push comes to shove, just not much room under there to work with though.

Are you aware of a tool and has anyone ever tried to operate it by hand before. Thought it would be nice to know how to do it should we be on the road at some point and have problems.

Thanks!!
FarmerTex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 11:02 AM   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarmerTex View Post
Hate to change the direction of this thread but have a question to ask.

I have a 2014 Crusader 325RES that I just got back from the dealer having warranty work done on it. When I tried to set it up once I got home, I keep getting an error message about the right rear leg. It won't move at all, even in manual mode. I'll have to take it back I guess on Monday but wanted to do some things this weekend.

I noticed it has an arm that appears to allow manual operation with a tool of some sort. I don't see anything in my trailer that would fit but my truck jack handle might if push comes to shove, just not much room under there to work with though.

Are you aware of a tool and has anyone ever tried to operate it by hand before. Thought it would be nice to know how to do it should we be on the road at some point and have problems.

Thanks!!
try to press enter to remove the error message when it says acknowledge. or turn the unit off unplug the panel in the back wait a few mins. plug back in and try it. Is your system electric or hydraulic? Can you post a pic of the arm your talking about?

Tags
crusader, leveling