Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-19-2014, 07:46 AM   #1

Crusader Hard Start Capacitor

Got a question for Crusader 325res owners (or anyone else who can answer). Doing a off the grid camping trip this weekend. I had not hooked up my twin CPE 2000i's to the new rig so yesterday I figure I should just to make sure everything was good to go. When I fired up the AC (while in eco mode) I got overloads, turned off the CPEs and restarted in normal mode AC worked fine. So on to my question, would adding a Hard Start Capacitor help? Also if anyone has added one to their 325res was it pretty straight forward? After reading threads here and other places I guess I need a SPP6.

Thanks in Advance,
Rick
Old 05-19-2014, 07:56 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickV View Post
Got a question for Crusader 325res owners (or anyone else who can answer). Doing a off the grid camping trip this weekend. I had not hooked up my twin CPE 2000i's to the new rig so yesterday I figure I should just to make sure everything was good to go. When I fired up the AC (while in eco mode) I got overloads, turned off the CPEs and restarted in normal mode AC worked fine. So on to my question, would adding a Hard Start Capacitor help? Also if anyone has added one to their 325res was it pretty straight forward? After reading threads here and other places I guess I need a SPP6.

Thanks in Advance,
Rick
A hard start capacitor will get you out of the start wind of the compressor a lot faster. Pretty straight forward to wire in. Or you can just buy the one that you add to the prongs on the capacitor itself. Ebay has them you just add two wires to the exiting , they will help. Cost like 9.00 bucks.

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 08:01 AM   #3
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Installed mine in 30 minutes.

TURBS

"Sabre owners united"
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 11:16 AM   #4

I ordered one of these last week: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 I had to wait until I pulled the 5ver outta the pole barn to install it only have about 6" of clearance in the barn so I am out camping and decided to put it in. Climb up on the roof remove the covers and there is no room in the compartment for it. It was very hot out like 95 degrees and I didn't feel like climbing down to get my phone to get a picture. Do they make some kinda mini Hard Start Capacitor?
Old 05-27-2014, 11:24 AM   #5

Quote:
I ordered one of these last week: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 I had to wait until I pulled the 5ver outta the pole barn to install it only have about 6" of clearance in the barn so I am out camping and decided to put it in. Climb up on the roof remove the covers and there is no room in the compartment for it. It was very hot out like 95 degrees and I didn't feel like climbing down to get my phone to get a picture. Do they make some kinda mini Hard Start Capacitor?
Not that I know of but you can always cut the wire and add more to install it anywhere you have room to mount it and secure it.....

Old 05-27-2014, 12:35 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by gljurczyk View Post
Not that I know of but you can always cut the wire and add more to install it anywhere you have room to mount it and secure it.....
So it don't need to be waterproof?
Old 05-27-2014, 12:40 PM   #7

Quote:
So it don't need to be waterproof?
No I ment under the shroud out of the rain some where, you should have room by the compressor, or by the fan motor.....

Old 05-27-2014, 12:47 PM   #8
Dallas Texas

I used SUPCO SPP5 PTC Cap combo (some prefer the SPP6). I put them on both units. I really noticed a difference when the camp ground was running low power. Amazon and Ebay are you bet bets for pricing.
Old 05-27-2014, 12:55 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by gljurczyk View Post
No I ment under the shroud out of the rain some where, you should have room by the compressor, or by the fan motor.....
That's what sort of what I meant. On mine it has a separate little box you have to open to get to run capacitor. So as long as I put it under the plastic shroud I should be OK.

Tags
crusader