Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-18-2012, 11:10 PM   #21
Commercial Member

Really? You want me to have him create an account and respond too? I've already talked to him once today and found that your claims about him are just as bogus as the other "dirtly laundry" you've aired on this sight. Seriously?

Moderator - when is enough enough?
RV Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 11:29 PM   #22

The only thing I've stated here are the facts, which are well docuemented at the dealership in Marietta, GA. They have a record of everything that has been repaired/replaced on this coach..I have not made any statement that is not true...just the facts...do I wish I had never purchased this unit, yes and I have tried to take back..not once but twice...after seeing your companies definition of quality in the plumbing compartment..even more so. I am pretty well stuck with the thing and I suppose you are with me for the next year..
regards, really
LKicklight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 11:43 PM   #23

RV Guy has posted fact based answers on another thread where you posted about this same problem, http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...t-18433-2.html.
There he posted a link to the rules and regulations that PT, Lippert & Tredit are obligated to follow. Apparently you don't agree with those regulations.
RV Guy posted how many Crusaders they have sold with the same lug bolts and nuts that is on yours and the estimated milage without any complaints. I feel safe guessing that alot of FR products use the same and I haven't read any post on here about the problem with the lugs that you have stated.
RV Guy also offered to send the the shorter lug nuts at no cost. After reading your last post, I guess that's not agreeable to you either.
I don't what else PT can do for you.
grhodes50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 07:55 AM   #24

LKicklite, u need 3 threads made up for it to be safe. it's hard for me to see but it appears no threads are showing inside the nut. that's abt as good as u can get. the decrotive nuts won't change anything but u won't be able to see it.
my trailer doesn't have the studs sticking out but the nuts are long (threads are the same length as a short nut though).
jimh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 09:30 AM   #25

RVGUY and Charlie, it's good to see you both pro active on the subject matter here. My complaint as others is the way the Crusader is constructed. The add booklet PT puts out makes one think you're buying a good quility product, a step above the others. Realisticly your getting nothing better then the other guys. I'm glad you both want to contact me but there is really nothing more to discuss. The dealer has been very helpful in fixing all my problems with my unit. All repairs, the list is long, are covered under the warranty and cost me nothing. We bought the Crusader to travel in for our retirement and to see the country. My warranty runs out in June of this year and we plan on taking a month or two trip around then. Hopefully the unit holds together and the trip will be enjoyable without problems.
I deleted all my info and tried to delete this account to this forum because it is very bias and folks don't want to hear about the problems and complaints people have.
Hopefully you two will listen to the folks here and strive to make your product the best.
Good luck LKicklight, hope you get your trailer straight.
southernsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 09:32 AM   #26

Lugs and Nuts

If the solution offered does not meet our standards, then I suppose we will either live with the manufacturers decision, for they are the experts and have all the test data, or we will fix it ourselves....Our dealership has really gone over board to take care of our wants and needs...Having been a good custmer of Three Way Campers in Marietta, GA., I will continue to be a good customer of theirs for years to come. Besides, Zack would not have anything to do if it were not for us, that kid does great work...
LKicklight

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKicklight View Post
Tell me when you purchased your Crusader..we bought ours in November 2011 and so far it has spent about forty five plus days back at the dealership, we have a list of items that have been replaced, I say replaced because they do not repair anything, they replace it. If you have the same wheels on your unit as ours, check out the log nuts and whether not the lugs come all the way through the nut, ours do not!
My email address is: LKicklight@aol.co,
Old 02-19-2012, 09:39 AM   #27

Dealer

My quote below kind of says the same thing...Three Way has gone really way out to take care of our previous problems and I'm sure this has been an education for them as well. What I have stated is fact and we will live with the results. I look forward to our summer with the new Crusader and sorry if I have stepped on so many toes.....being a former Aircraft Pilot and Mechanic, I tend to set my standards a little higher than most...Take care and good luck with your unit..
LKicklight

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernsky View Post
RVGUY and Charlie, it's good to see you both pro active on the subject matter here. My complaint as others is the way the Crusader is constructed. The add booklet PT puts out makes one think you're buying a good quility product, a step above the others. Realisticly your getting nothing better then the other guys. I'm glad you both want to contact me but there is really nothing more to discuss. The dealer has been very helpful in fixing all my problems with my unit. All repairs, the list is long, are covered under the warranty and cost me nothing. We bought the Crusader to travel in for our retirement and to see the country. My warranty runs out in June of this year and we plan on taking a month or two trip around then. Hopefully the unit holds together and the trip will be enjoyable without problems.
I deleted all my info and tried to delete this account to this forum because it is very bias and folks don't want to hear about the problems and complaints people have.
Hopefully you two will listen to the folks here and strive to make your product the best.
Good luck LKicklight, hope you get your trailer straight.
Old 02-19-2012, 09:42 AM   #28

southernsky, it is unfortunate that you feel so bullied by the factory reps that you have to delete your account here, but your complaints about your camper do seem a tad minor. I seriously do not understand how people can expect these units to be absolutely perfect, as they are moderately priced. If I paid $60,000 for my fifth I would expect perfection, but for the less than $30,000 we paid, I think we got a pretty nice camper. Same goes for the Crusaders I have seen.
Life is too short to be so upset all of the time.
crocus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 09:55 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by crocus View Post
southernsky, it is unfortunate that you feel so bullied by the factory reps that you have to delete your account here, but your complaints about your camper do seem a tad minor. I seriously do not understand how people can expect these units to be absolutely perfect, as they are moderately priced. If I paid $60,000 for my fifth I would expect perfection, but for the less than $30,000 we paid, I think we got a pretty nice camper. Same goes for the Crusaders I have seen.
Life is too short to be so upset all of the time.
X2

Even with the $60K units you can still experience some of the same problems as the lesser priced RV's as far as the water heater, AC, furnace, etc....since they usually install the same third party components.

Good luck to you southernsky. Wish you the best.
Old 02-19-2012, 10:43 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by RV Guy View Post
Southern - would you please PM me with your name and dealer so we can try to bring more attention to your situation?

Thanks.

PTM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie Cardinal View Post
Southernsky I am the Regional Sales Manager for Louisiana. No one informed me that you were at the dealership on Thursday. If you would like to contact me at 574-862-3073 I would be happy to speak with you or you can also leave a message and I will be back in Louisiana Thursday afternoon 2/23/12 or Friday morning 2/24/12 if that works for your schedule to meet at the dealership.
Quote:
Originally Posted by crocus View Post
southernsky, it is unfortunate that you feel so bullied by the factory reps that you have to delete your account here.......
After re-reading this thread, I don't really see how southernsky could feel bullied by the factory reps.
Old 02-19-2012, 11:03 AM   #31

So I guess if you bought a $30,000 car and AC didn't blow out of the dash cause someone didn't hook the duct work up that would be ok? I guess all of you would tear the dash out in your driveway and fix it yourself. Or if your new car spent 30-40 days in a shop when it was a month or two old... No big deal I guess... After all it is only a $30,000 car... That is a lot of money to me and I am sure plenty of other people who buy RV's. It is not a must have item... When I buy something new, no matter what the cost I expect it to work as advertised. There seems to be a bunch of people on here that think PT hung the moon, and can do no wrong. But there are some of us out here that got a product that was not up to the standards we paid for. Sorry if you don't want to hear that. So far the best I can tell is the customer service has been average at best. Yes I emailed them and got a phone call the next day from a rep. Since then what I have gotten out of them is "take it back to the guys who messed it up if you want it fixed"..I asked to have my warranty extended on my bedroom slide out. Since they are the ones who came up with the "fix" for my problem. There "fix" is not how it came from the factory...They didn't slap a piece of 1x2 in there to shim it up when it was built.. So how about standing behind your solution with a little warranty... They are "seeing what they can do" Chris the VP of PT contacted me on another forum, said he would like to talk to me.. Emailed him my phone number... Still no phone call. I have owned a lot of RV's and understand they are like boats, there is always something to work on.. I get it... But when you buy a new one that has a waranty and it spends more time in the shop than in a camp ground it is a little dishearting when you get a "will see what we can do". Is my RV nice? Heck ya, thats one of the reason I bought it. I like the looks of it, and the options it came with.. Is thier customer service any better than anyone elses??? Not really.. Bottom line is this... Prime Time is no differnt than any other camp mfg out there... Ya'll can all stop acting like they are the best thing to come along..
jtad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 11:50 AM   #32

jtad, I've read your post and I can understand why your upset. One of the biggest reasons people use this forum is to seek help. In doing so they also need to vent. That's no problem. Get it off your chest, but I think if you read any of my posts you'll see I am trying to help whenever I can or sometimes I just try to offer a little sympathy.
I believe PT's reps try to help as well. They don't always have the answer you want to hear. Same as any other manufacturer, including automobles.
Looks like they might have dropped the ball in your case, but if you look at past threads on here you'll find that is the exception, not the rule for PT's customer service.
As I stated above I have read your posts about your slide issue. PT messed up letting it leave the factory in that condition, but your dealer messed up the fix. I know they claim they fixed according to PT's instructions, but I bet there some miscommunication going on there somewhere. Knowing PT's concern for their customers I wouldn't be surprised if they offered to fix it at the factory for you.
PT RV's are not the perfect RV's. That's been stated by RV Guy himself several times, but they do their best to fix what's wrong.
Just so you'll know, I've been in your shoes with a past tt. In less than a year it had leaks fixed by my dealer, later developed delam and returned to the factory for both complete sidewalls to be replaced, returned with a damaged kitchen cabinet door, entry steps tore up, and wheel trim on the street side damaged. All done by the delivery driver. Just pointing out that these tt's don't always leave the factory in the condition we receive them. Oh yeah, it still had leaks and the manufacturer wouldn't pay for a pressure test and I was accused by the manufacturer's warranty manager of looking for a handout. I had several email and phone conversations with him and never got angry or put down their product.
That's why I took a loss and traded it in. After researching the best that I'm capable of I chose a new manufacturer, Prime Time and so far I have no regrets.
As I said I sympathize with you, but my tt has been and currently is in great working order. My wife, grandkids and I love camping in it. We even driveway camp from time to time just for the fun of it.
So even though I sympathize with you I do not share your view of Prime Time. What few "new tt bugs" I had were minor and were taken care of quickly and correctly. I have always been treated in a professional and personal manner.
So am I a proud PT owner? You bet! I don't see why that bothers people.

You have your opinion and I have mine. That's okay.
Old 02-19-2012, 05:00 PM   #33

Just so everyone is clear there was no miscommunication betwen the dealer and PT, nor PT and me. I have talked to PT, and I have talked to the dealer. They did exactly what they were told to do by PT, no miscommunication! And there has been no offer to have it fixed at the factory. What I as told was if I wanted to have it fixed I needed to take it back to the dealer that worked on it to begin with.. I was told in the begining I could take it to any Forest River dealer, but after two refused to work on it and turned me away I was told if I wanted it fixed under waranty I needed to take it back to Mcclains. That came straight out of Roger (who works for Prime Time) mouth. There was no miscommunication in that, I didn't misunderstand what I was told. That was the option I was given, the only option I was given. Again you and many others on here may have had a great expeirence with PT. But there are others including myself that are less than impressed right now. We get to feel that way. I apreciate the sympathy, but I don't need someone to tell me I must have misunderstood. At one time I was a service advisor for a Ford dealership, I understand customer serivce. I understand that some people have unreasonable request. But I have been pretty easy to get a long with through out this whole deal. I don't think I am being out of line asking for them to stand behind thier solution, and not just for the last 6 months of my waranty. Which is what I was told the other day. I had six months left so if something happened they would cover it. What about when thats over and 10 months from now the slide motor falls out of the wall cause thier "slim" came loose? Bottom line I bought a product that had some problems, no big deal I can live with that. But I am being returned a product that is not what I bought and I feel they should step up and back thier product. I don't know have the money to trade out of this RV at a loss like you did. What started this whole thread was how great thier customer serivce has been. It may be for most but it hasn't been for us all. Still waiting on that call from Chris, I hope to hear from him. Don't get me wrong I am not bashing PT, all I am saying is as of right now it really hasn't been handled any differently than any other mfg would have done. I hope that changes, and they step in and get it fixed right, and stand behind it. I love the product, when I get these kids moved out I would love to trade into something like a 320. Just need to get over this hurdle first. As vocal as I have been on here about what has gone on so far. I would just as vocal if not more so if they come thru for me. Loyalty goes a long way with me.. I will shout it from the hill tops, good or bad.
jtad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 07:32 PM   #34

Didn't mean to imply that you misunderstood anything.
I was saying there could have been miscommunication between PT and the dealer how to properly fix you slide. Not blaming anyone. It happens.
Apparently I was wrong.

Good luck to you and I hope that get your 5'er fixed soon.
Old 02-20-2012, 09:12 AM   #35

Jtad, I have read your posts here and the other post you started. I do feel Prime Time let this unit out of the factory and dropped the ball on QC inspection. However, when this occurs, it is the dealers responsibility to fix it and make it right. Your problem here is McClains. I have had family who have bought units from McClains and have experienced the same thing. They make a nice showing at the Dallas RV show but other than that, nothing good to say. Shotty repair work from them does not surprise me, them blaming Prime Time and saying we did just as they said, whatever. So McClains told you that they did exactly what they said, it made a big hole in your camper, but since they said it it must be right. That is laughable. The reason other dealers wont touch it is because McClains has screwed it up so bad they don't want the liability. If I remember your posts correctly, this was a minor problem that has escalated because of poor repairs. Beg Prime Time to get you set up with a quality repair shop and drop McClains, I posted in your other thread where you should take it. Coordinate that with Prime Time, get it fixed and enjoy it.
HAARubicon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 09:21 PM   #36

Crusader 270 RET/Wheel Hubs

We are happy to report that the Lug Bolt/Lug Nut problem has been solved and corrected. The fix did not require new wheel lug bolts as we had assumed. Somehow a new individual lug nut was installed on the new bolt that was broken off at the dealership. After further investigation, the other 23 lug nuts were changed to match the one put on we thought in error. The new lug nuts are torqued down along with a torque stripe on each lug. The lug bolts now come through the nuts by at least two threads...Thanks RV Guy at Forest River..and thanks to Three Way Camper for the 23 correct lug nuts..
LKicklight
Old 02-23-2012, 09:29 PM   #37

Repairs Crusader 270 RET

We are happy to report that the Lug Bolt/Lug Nut problem has been solved and corrected. The fix did not require new wheel lug bolts as we had assumed. Somehow a new individual lug nut was installed on the new bolt that was broken off at the dealership. After further investigation, the other 23 lug nuts were changed to match the one put on we thought in error. The new lug nuts are torqued down along with a torque stripe on each lug. The lug bolts now come through the nuts by at least two threads...Thanks RV Guy at Forest River..and thanks to Three Way Camper for the 23 correct lug nuts..
LKicklight
This is one of our Toys...all is well with her!!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	atlantamotorspeedway.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	25.2 KB
ID:	10547  
Old 02-26-2012, 09:45 AM   #38

Our Factory warranty expires in 2 months. Hard to believe time has gone by so fast. I'm thinking of getting the extended warranty. Does anyone here have one? and if so have you had to use it? How was the experience? cost is $1300. for 84 months or 7 years figures out 15.oo a month. just asking?
Old 02-26-2012, 01:28 PM   #39

Warranty

Not for such a long time, more than likely you will sell the unit before seven years..year to year would be what be nice for us...right now we have ten months left...
LKicklight