Old 02-15-2012, 12:00 PM   #1

Crusader in for more repairs

Adding more to the list of repairs on my Crusader.....
Heater not blowing in the bedroom but heats real well in the basement.
Trying to hook up a satellite dish up but can't get nothing thru the trailer satellite wiring. Let's see....not third party stuff but construction problems. Off to the dealer for repairs again.
I think my trailer was a Monday construction

Old 02-15-2012, 04:45 PM   #2

Has the heat ever worked in bedroom?

Jason and Billie
2005 Dodge Ram 2500, 4X4, QC/SB 5.9L Cummins
15k non-sliding Hidden Hitch (they lied, it's not hidden at all)
2011 Prime Time Crusader 320RLT
"PT Crew Member Since 11/2010"
M109Rrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 07:08 AM   #3

I don't know. Went camping last weekend and it got down to the lower 30.
Old 02-16-2012, 11:41 AM   #4

270 RET Crusader

Tell me when you purchased your Crusader..we bought ours in November 2011 and so far it has spent about forty five plus days back at the dealership, we have a list of items that have been replaced, I say replaced because they do not repair anything, they replace it. If you have the same wheels on your unit as ours, check out the log nuts and whether not the lugs come all the way through the nut, ours do not!
My email address is: LKicklight@aol.co,
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	lug nuts one.JPG
Views:	102
Size:	22.4 KB
ID:	10367   Click image for larger version

Name:	PB120001.JPG
Views:	72
Size:	27.3 KB
ID:	10368  
Old 02-16-2012, 01:47 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKicklight View Post
Tell me when you purchased your Crusader..we bought ours in November 2011 and so far it has spent about forty five plus days back at the dealership, we have a list of items that have been replaced, I say replaced because they do not repair anything, they replace it. If you have the same wheels on your unit as ours, check out the log nuts and whether not the lugs come all the way through the nut, ours do not!
My email address is: LKicklight@aol.co,
That's scary. Are they fixing that?
Old 02-16-2012, 01:54 PM   #6

Lug Nuts

Sent everything I had to Forest River and the Dealership, told them all this morning that its not leaving my driveway until its fixed correctly with the right wheel hubs...If I do not hear anything back from them by Monday, then I will have it fixed myself and send them the bill....If we had not had so many other problems, I would not be so upset, but let me tell you, the coach sat at the dealership for over thirty days waiting on a new entertainment center...there is a lot more to talk about..trust me..
Old 02-16-2012, 02:37 PM   #7

Mine is a 2012 bought in June of 2011. The list of repairs goes on and on. Luckly the unit is still under warranty. I though I had a "Monday Trailer" or a "Lemon". Seems like I'm not the only one with an inferior product. Just left the dealers shop and talked to the tech about my trailer. It seems the reason my heater is not working right is that the tape used to hold the duct work came off. He said the tape was cheap and very small. As far as the satellite cable they are still trying to figure it out.
I don't know about the tire studs because I have chrome lug nuts that cover the studs, guess I need to take them off and see what I have.
Lets hear from all the other Prime Time Crusader owners who are having problems with this quility product.
Old 02-16-2012, 04:11 PM   #8

List of Defects:

Lets compare our list and see what else you have:
1. Kitchen Cabinets: Manufacturer used some kind of vinyl around the
face of the Wall Cabinets where the doors close...when we received the unit the tape was all bubbled up...The wall cabinets were taken down and new ones installed..took three weeks.
2. The entertainment centers DVD Players Access Door would not close and the finish on the front of the cabinet was not very good.
A new entertainment center cabinet was ordered along with a new DVD Unit. When the old unit was removed, the bottom of the vertical legs had severe water damage. The new cabinet when removed from its shipping crate was cracked down one of the vertical legs. Installed unit anyway for we were going on our first trip.
3. Gray water holding tank for the Galley...Techs did not tell us about the holding tank..when we removed the cap from the sewer drain about ten gallons of water came rushing out, the valve handle for the galley tank was missing and we never were told it even had one.
4. While on our trip, my wife press the button to raise the flat screen TV up from its resting place in the entertainment center and the sunshade was all the way down behind it, when the TV came up it made contact with the sunshade and ripped the top of the entertainment center off. Upon returning to the dealership on Jan. 3rd with these problems, it took Forest River until last Thursday to get the unit repaired and back to us.
5. Now we have the lug nut problem...no doubt it will take a month or more to solve this problem.
6. Oh yes, in the head a door that goes between the bedroom and head was cracked on the bottom, took them three tries to get the right size door for that.
7. When we arrived home last Thursday with the coach, went inside up to the bedroom, the door from the hallway to the bedroom was lying across the bed..its track had ripped loose from the ceiling, no one checked the coach over before we got it back.
8. After leaving the dealership, I was called and told one of my center caps was lying in the parking lot.

Your chrome lug nuts may be hiding the problem I've having. I was told I could purchase an ET Lug Nut that would cover the problem..
There have been some other minor issues some I have repaired myself..we are going out right now and check the Heating Duct up to the bedroom..
Old 02-16-2012, 05:24 PM   #9

LKicklight, I don't know if you have contacted FR about your problems, but Prime Time should be who you talk to. You can contact them using their web site; Prime Time Manufacturing, Manufacturers of travel trailers and fifth wheels
They are really good at getting back to you quickly. Usually within a day.

I'm not trying to excuse PT for your problems, but it sounds like your problems may lay with your dealer's service department. At least the time frame to fix your 5er's issues.

While working out some "new tt bugs" on my new LaCrosse, I waited several weeks for some parts for a couple of minor repairs (kept the tt and camped while waiting on parts). I finally contacted PT myself to see what the hold up was. Come to find out the parts hadn't even been ordered yet! The service manager at my dealer, who was the only one there that orders parts, was having health problems and no one took over for him. They finally got things straight and it took less than a week for my parts to come in.

Like I said, that doesn't excuse PT for your problems but you may want to check it out.

I hope they get you fixed up to your satisfaction soon. Good Luck.

Same for you southernsky. Good luck to you as well.

Gary & Trish
2017 Prime Time Crusader 315RST TE 6.0 : 2007 Flagstaff 206ST MAC Series
2012 F-250 Lariat : FX4 : CC : SB : 6.7L Diesel : 3/55 Gears

2017 Nights Camped - 4
grhodes50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 05:44 PM   #10

southernsky, found this thread posted this past December. Maybe it will help you solve your heating problems.
Very Little Heat

Gary & Trish
2017 Prime Time Crusader 315RST TE 6.0 : 2007 Flagstaff 206ST MAC Series
2012 F-250 Lariat : FX4 : CC : SB : 6.7L Diesel : 3/55 Gears

2017 Nights Camped - 4
grhodes50 is offline   Reply With Quote