Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-15-2012, 12:00 PM   #1

Crusader in for more repairs

Adding more to the list of repairs on my Crusader.....
Heater not blowing in the bedroom but heats real well in the basement.
Trying to hook up a satellite dish up but can't get nothing thru the trailer satellite wiring. Let's see....not third party stuff but construction problems. Off to the dealer for repairs again.
I think my trailer was a Monday construction
southernsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 04:45 PM   #2

Has the heat ever worked in bedroom?
"PT Crew Member Since 11/2010"
M109Rrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 07:08 AM   #3

I don't know. Went camping last weekend and it got down to the lower 30.
Old 02-16-2012, 11:41 AM   #4

270 RET Crusader

Tell me when you purchased your Crusader..we bought ours in November 2011 and so far it has spent about forty five plus days back at the dealership, we have a list of items that have been replaced, I say replaced because they do not repair anything, they replace it. If you have the same wheels on your unit as ours, check out the log nuts and whether not the lugs come all the way through the nut, ours do not!
My email address is: LKicklight@aol.co,
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	lug nuts one.JPG
Views:	239
Size:	22.4 KB
ID:	10367   Click image for larger version

Name:	PB120001.JPG
Views:	122
Size:	27.3 KB
ID:	10368  
LKicklight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 01:47 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKicklight View Post
Tell me when you purchased your Crusader..we bought ours in November 2011 and so far it has spent about forty five plus days back at the dealership, we have a list of items that have been replaced, I say replaced because they do not repair anything, they replace it. If you have the same wheels on your unit as ours, check out the log nuts and whether not the lugs come all the way through the nut, ours do not!
My email address is: LKicklight@aol.co,
That's scary. Are they fixing that?
Len & Cheri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 01:54 PM   #6

Lug Nuts

Sent everything I had to Forest River and the Dealership, told them all this morning that its not leaving my driveway until its fixed correctly with the right wheel hubs...If I do not hear anything back from them by Monday, then I will have it fixed myself and send them the bill....If we had not had so many other problems, I would not be so upset, but let me tell you, the coach sat at the dealership for over thirty days waiting on a new entertainment center...there is a lot more to talk about..trust me..
Old 02-16-2012, 02:37 PM   #7

Mine is a 2012 bought in June of 2011. The list of repairs goes on and on. Luckly the unit is still under warranty. I though I had a "Monday Trailer" or a "Lemon". Seems like I'm not the only one with an inferior product. Just left the dealers shop and talked to the tech about my trailer. It seems the reason my heater is not working right is that the tape used to hold the duct work came off. He said the tape was cheap and very small. As far as the satellite cable they are still trying to figure it out.
I don't know about the tire studs because I have chrome lug nuts that cover the studs, guess I need to take them off and see what I have.
Lets hear from all the other Prime Time Crusader owners who are having problems with this quility product.
Old 02-16-2012, 04:11 PM   #8

List of Defects:

Lets compare our list and see what else you have:
1. Kitchen Cabinets: Manufacturer used some kind of vinyl around the
face of the Wall Cabinets where the doors close...when we received the unit the tape was all bubbled up...The wall cabinets were taken down and new ones installed..took three weeks.
2. The entertainment centers DVD Players Access Door would not close and the finish on the front of the cabinet was not very good.
A new entertainment center cabinet was ordered along with a new DVD Unit. When the old unit was removed, the bottom of the vertical legs had severe water damage. The new cabinet when removed from its shipping crate was cracked down one of the vertical legs. Installed unit anyway for we were going on our first trip.
3. Gray water holding tank for the Galley...Techs did not tell us about the holding tank..when we removed the cap from the sewer drain about ten gallons of water came rushing out, the valve handle for the galley tank was missing and we never were told it even had one.
4. While on our trip, my wife press the button to raise the flat screen TV up from its resting place in the entertainment center and the sunshade was all the way down behind it, when the TV came up it made contact with the sunshade and ripped the top of the entertainment center off. Upon returning to the dealership on Jan. 3rd with these problems, it took Forest River until last Thursday to get the unit repaired and back to us.
5. Now we have the lug nut problem...no doubt it will take a month or more to solve this problem.
6. Oh yes, in the head a door that goes between the bedroom and head was cracked on the bottom, took them three tries to get the right size door for that.
7. When we arrived home last Thursday with the coach, went inside up to the bedroom, the door from the hallway to the bedroom was lying across the bed..its track had ripped loose from the ceiling, no one checked the coach over before we got it back.
8. After leaving the dealership, I was called and told one of my center caps was lying in the parking lot.

Your chrome lug nuts may be hiding the problem I've having. I was told I could purchase an ET Lug Nut that would cover the problem..
There have been some other minor issues some I have repaired myself..we are going out right now and check the Heating Duct up to the bedroom..
Old 02-16-2012, 05:24 PM   #9

LKicklight, I don't know if you have contacted FR about your problems, but Prime Time should be who you talk to. You can contact them using their web site; Prime Time Manufacturing, Manufacturers of travel trailers and fifth wheels
They are really good at getting back to you quickly. Usually within a day.

I'm not trying to excuse PT for your problems, but it sounds like your problems may lay with your dealer's service department. At least the time frame to fix your 5er's issues.

While working out some "new tt bugs" on my new LaCrosse, I waited several weeks for some parts for a couple of minor repairs (kept the tt and camped while waiting on parts). I finally contacted PT myself to see what the hold up was. Come to find out the parts hadn't even been ordered yet! The service manager at my dealer, who was the only one there that orders parts, was having health problems and no one took over for him. They finally got things straight and it took less than a week for my parts to come in.

Like I said, that doesn't excuse PT for your problems but you may want to check it out.

I hope they get you fixed up to your satisfaction soon. Good Luck.

Same for you southernsky. Good luck to you as well.
grhodes50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 05:44 PM   #10

southernsky, found this thread posted this past December. Maybe it will help you solve your heating problems.
http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...eat-18433.html
Old 02-16-2012, 06:57 PM   #11

Welp ghrodes50 looks like PT hadn't learned a thing from that thread because I had the same shotty tape job. Two of my duct came loose. Now for the satellite cable, after the shop tore things apart, including pulling out the fireplace, they found the cable from the entertainment center wasn't hooked up to the system.
I know I was kind of chastised the last time I raged about PT, I feel I really have a B**** with PT and the quality of their product. Would I buy another PT or Forest River product again?
After owning a Sierra and a Crusader.....Probably not......
Old 02-16-2012, 08:29 PM   #12

I've been in your shoes before with a different tt and I really do understand.

We are lucky to have RV Guy on this forum and because of that many of us post our problems hoping that he will have an answer. That sure makes it seem like the majority of us have multiple, ongoing problems which is far from the truth.

Unfortunately you and LKicklight seem to have "above normal problems". I got that term from my last manufacturers warranty guy. At least that's how he referred to my problems with that particular tt. Most of what you have posted should never happen. It's inexcusable.
I'm not trying to change how you feel about your PT unit. I'm not having to live with your problems. I'm just trying to let you know that I do understand that it can be very frustrating.

I do read the post where people write about their problems with their PT units, but at least to me the biggest majority of problems I read seem to be common with just about any new RV.

So why do I believe in PT?

First the obvious. They stand behind their product. 100%.
Second, because of their manufacturing materials and process. They might be only small differences than what others do, but to me those small differences are enough. I'm not going to list what they do here. There's alot of information on their web site and RV Guy has has already posted about many of their manufaturing materials and processes on this forum.

I realize what I think doesn't mean much to you, but please believe I'm wishing the best for you. I hope that soon your Crusader will finally have all the bugs worked out and you can camp without any worries and enjoy the time with your family.
Old 02-16-2012, 08:31 PM   #13

"I was told I could purchase an ET Lug Nut that would cover the problem.."
-----------------------------------
Lkick, was that your dealer's suggestion, to just hide the problem? Good gawd.
From your list of problems, it would appear that the Crusaders are no better than any of the other campers out there. They are all made with the cheapest materials available, and built by the cheapest labor avaliable. It really is sad, and frustrating. When you pay all that money for a camper that looks so nice on the dealer's lot, then yours shows up and starts falling apart, it really isn't a nice feeling.
I hope you can get your issues solved to your satisfaction.
crocus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 08:57 PM   #14

They are not the only one with problems. I have a post going on here right now with the problems I have been having.. Granted most of it was brought on by the dealer. But a lot of what the dealer did was at the guidance of Prime Time. When I asked Prime Time to extend my warranty on the slide I have been having all the trouble with. They said they would have to look into it. If they are so confident in thier solution to my problem, get behind it. When I took mine back to the shop yesterday, I had them add furnance not blowing in the bedroom and bathroom to the list!! Sound familar? I told them that this weekend when I was in it, it took over four hours to bring it from 38 degrees to 65 degrees.
jtad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 11:24 AM   #15

Well I sure don't see any PT reps speaking up on this thread. Speaking of reps, yesterday when I was at the dealer, the PT rep for the area walked in. My salesman called him but the rep kept on walking and dissapeared...Go Figure...
crocus you said a mouthful, it is a shame...
Old 02-17-2012, 03:58 PM   #16

Reps

My wife were at the local Atlanta RV Show recently and just happen to be in a Sanibel Unit on display, there was a young man standing inside and asked if he could help us, we said sure, he introduced himself, Jeff and that he worked with PrimeTime, we kind of un-loaded on him while the whole time he was tecxing someone at the home office. He took notes on our conversation and told us he would get back with some answers, that was three weeks ago...no answers and not Jeff..
WE do have someone at PrimeTime that is working with us and he is really a great guy and seems to fully understand all the issues at hand..Hopefully with his position and knowledge we can get through all of this....We have offered to exchange this unit for a brand new one and even go to Elkhart to pick it up...
kicklighters
Old 02-17-2012, 04:10 PM   #17

Well... Wouldn't that be a great deal!

I wish every time I had to take my Yukon Denali or VW in for a problem they would trade me for a new one. Where can I sign up for this super deal?
TTNewbees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 09:48 AM   #18
Commercial Member

Southern - would you please PM me with your name and dealer so we can try to bring more attention to your situation?

Thanks.

PTM
RV Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 08:48 PM   #19

Southern Sky

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernsky View Post
Welp ghrodes50 looks like PT hadn't learned a thing from that thread because I had the same shotty tape job. Two of my duct came loose. Now for the satellite cable, after the shop tore things apart, including pulling out the fireplace, they found the cable from the entertainment center wasn't hooked up to the system.
I know I was kind of chastised the last time I raged about PT, I feel I really have a B**** with PT and the quality of their product. Would I buy another PT or Forest River product again?
After owning a Sierra and a Crusader.....Probably not......
Southernsky I am the Regional Sales Manager for Louisiana. No one informed me that you were at the dealership on Thursday. If you would like to contact me at 574-862-3073 I would be happy to speak with you or you can also leave a message and I will be back in Louisiana Thursday afternoon 2/23/12 or Friday morning 2/24/12 if that works for your schedule to meet at the dealership.
Charlie Cardinal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 11:06 PM   #20

Sales Manager for Georgia

Wish my sales rep for georgia would get involved with our issues..feel like we are taking on Forest River and Three Way Camper..everyone acts as though we are complete idiots and never owned an RV before..We have a 2003 Sunnybrook that has only been back to Peco Campers twice since 2003...the unit has been trouble free for all these years....You would think what is being built today would be even better...
No doubt I will have to pay for my repairs out of my pocket, so much for a warranty..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie Cardinal View Post
Southernsky I am the Regional Sales Manager for Louisiana. No one informed me that you were at the dealership on Thursday. If you would like to contact me at 574-862-3073 I would be happy to speak with you or you can also leave a message and I will be back in Louisiana Thursday afternoon 2/23/12 or Friday morning 2/24/12 if that works for your schedule to meet at the dealership.