Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-02-2018, 11:51 PM   #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavynlori View Post
Check close to the driver side tires up on the inside frame....there is usually a pull for the galley (kitchen) tank located there

On our 325RES there are 2 gray handles and one black handle

All “stuff” comes out the same outlet no matter which handle is pulled

The fresh water tank drain is totally different from these

Anyone know the size of the galley tank?
Trucking69x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2018, 12:24 AM   #62

Crusader

We have a 2012 Crusader and I love it. The hot water is way to hot so I'm planning on doing some mixing in of cold water. I don't want the g-kids to be scalded. We threw the two cheap rocking chairs out and replaced with something that wasn't so cheesy. The Big double decal on the front cap, it's huge, and has faded horribly. I do believe this is why we bought the RV for a lower price. The inside is very good, and the appliances are adequate. We have one A/C and it suits us fine. On occasion I have used a small bedside fan. That front cap decal was from a large group of decals that failed. I got a quote from a body shop that wraps cars: $400.00 IF they can get the old, cracked and prematurely faded decal removed. I'm thinking it over.

Oh, and as usual, there is no interior hand rail at the steps leading up to the bath and bedroom. Dangerous indeed.

Best wishes and happy camping with your Crusader!

"The Wife"
HitchedInTennessee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 08:48 PM   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trucking69x View Post

Galley tank - 30 gal.
Grey tank - 30 gal.
Black tank - 35 gal
Fresh water - 60 gal.
rracer5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 10:17 PM   #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by rracer5 View Post
Galley tank - 30 gal.

Grey tank - 30 gal.

Black tank - 35 gal

Fresh water - 60 gal.

My trailer says on my 2018 Crusader

Fresh- 60
Black-35
Grey-70
So I figured they split my grey to give some to galley tank. Don’t get why they don’t tell about it having one.
Old 11-08-2018, 08:50 AM   #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trucking69x View Post
I have the 315rst and it also said 70 gallons grey but it actually has a 35 gallon grey for shower and bathroom sink and 35 gallon for kitchen sink.

2006 F-250 CCSB 4x4 6.0 Powerstroke
Air Lift 5k bags w/ onboard compressor
2022 Keystone Raptor 351
B&W Companion
Brendon37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 09:52 AM   #66
Recently new!

Send a message via AIM to Paulie1138
2013 290 RST owner here. very close to your unit. Had slide alignment issues, fixed by dealer. Look at the undersides of your slides. Mine had the Darco-wrap. Looks like those blue tarps you get, but black. Had to put thin runners where the rollers or guides were. It was wearing and beginning to tear. May have been fixed by the time yours was built.

Mine has 2 grey tanks. The second tank valve is located in the drivers side wheel well, just above the front most tire. My valve handle was missing. Got lucky and caught it during PDI. Ummmm....maybe they did not tighten it correctly, but on one trip discovered it missing. Camp store sold me one, threaded it back on, added a wire to keep it from rotating off again.

Cheap tires, see the many threads regarding china-bombs. All 5 of mine separated before I put 300 miles on it. (Yes, the spare too, never on the ground!) On my year, the 16” load range E tires and heavier axle was an option. Stock on my year was 15” load range D.

Changed the bathroom faucet with a close-out from Home Despot. The spout was too close to the back of the sink, causing water to gather at the base of the faucet. Put in a high-rise that put it further into the skin. Kitchen faucet was very hard to get warm water when doing dishes-either too cold or hot. Bought an open box buy at H.D. That is motion sensing and is easy to get the water temp right.

A few nit picky things, like the wallpaper coming unglued in a few places. Easy fix. Disliked some of the light switch locations, fixed with cheapie wireless controllers from Amazon and wall mounted them. The Swintec slide controller was located back inside the crawl space as described below. Relocated it so if there was a problem or error codes, I could get to it easy.

Hate the bathroom door swing. Hope to reverse it someday, or get one of those seen in some of the newer campers that swing in from the middle and slide. At night, if you are sleeping on the passenger side, it is easiest to go into the hall to access the bathroom as the foot of the bed is close to the wall. You have to go past the door, onto the first step to open it, then climb back up into the bathroom. (My wife sleeps on that side, as that is the side with the night-stand for her CPAP machine and she has a bad ankle)

Added a remote controlled Fantastic fan in the kitchen area. The ceiling is waaaayyyy too tall for us even with a step stool to reach to turn on the fan or open the vent. That should be a standard item with a wall switch in my opinion.

They could have done a better job with the location of the winterizing and hot water heater bypass valves. Mine are in the front basement, behind the access panel (that you have to remove) and crawl back into that area to activate. It is a tight fit-and I am a smaller guy! In the water bay I added a panel mounted 3way valve and longer hose to my winterizing so I can use the water pump to suck water from a container when I am boondocking. I also moved the W.H. Bypass valves to just behind the access panel. Still have to open that, but no longer have to crawl way back in there. Hopefully, they changed that for your year.

As you can see, really nothing major, just minor stuff or annoyances. We have put on over 10,000 miles on it so far, with our longest outing of just over 7 weeks. We really like it, has a lot of nice features and tows easy with my 2001 F250 diesel. Yes, the new ones will run past me up the hills but, the 7.3 will still be running with very minimal maintenance and cost long after the nuclear winter is over and cockroaches take over the world.....lol!
Loving wife, R.I.P., 6/6/19
and Mason the always dirty dog! R.I.P, 2/19
Paulie1138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 09:45 AM   #67

Check the tire build date.we have a 2014 crusader 335 bhs touring addition,had four blow outs that did damage to both sides,our insurance adjuster found that our stock tires were built in 2002. From now on I will check them before I buy another one.we bought it brand new off the lot.
scotty1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 04:10 PM   #68

I’ve been good with my 340RST. With tires I took a trip to buffalo New York and back to Texas. Kept tires inflated to 80 psi whole trip. Tire wear even no issues.

Tags
crusader