Old 08-16-2018, 06:19 PM   #1

Crusader sofa unhappiness

Well, I’ve been reading up on this issue for quite some time now and considered myself rather lucky until now that is. Our sofa’s paper-thin vinyl is coming off each time you sit on the sofa, just started this summer on our 35-day trip before this it was perfect. We’ve owned our Crusader since May 2016, so I fully understand theirs no warranty & it will be an out of our pocket deal.

Tags were still on the sofa we never removed them since they were in the back, says made in the USA by Franklin. The first week we owned the Crusader I took the paper thin mattress off and tossed it as it was total garbage, installed a memory foam mattress that we cut down to size, guess the writing was on the wall regarding how low end this was manufactured.

So now we are looking for a new sleeper sofa and to top it off it’s an odd size. Sofa measures 66 inches, space it sits in is 67 inches. I wanted the Thomas Payne trifold sofa however it shows as 68 inches, and the specs show its actually 67 inches, so I don’t think it will work. Think we need a 65inch sofa because its hard to find a 66 inch.

Has anyone had this issue before with their PT sofa? If so what did you install, & any links will greatly help.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2630.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	372.5 KB
ID:	183441   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2626.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	311.0 KB
ID:	183442   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2631.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	541.7 KB
ID:	183443   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2634.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	402.9 KB
ID:	183444  

esmoglo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 02:41 PM   #2

We had Lane sofa/sleeper & 2 rocker recliners. Although the material (leather?) was still good after 4 years, the DW wanted to change up the decor. We searched ALL the furniture stores we could think of and get to. With detailed measurements in hand (don't forget the entry door opening.....don't ask me why ), we checked several furniture stores. Rooms To Go's Cindy Crawford Collection was the closest we came to finding something that would fit. They had several options & configurations to chose from. But, in the end, we ended up with a local furniture store that just happened to have what DW liked and would fit in the opening of the old sleeper/sofa. However, the entry door was a forgotten obstacle, so don't forget that in your search. Our delivery men were excellent and managed to "twist" the new sofa/sleeper in with just one minor bend in the door frame (easily repaired). The Bassett theater seating we got to replace the 2 rocker recliners, was easy to get in because the backs came off.
So, don't necessarily limit yourself to just "RV furniture" sources.

Good luck and keep us informed of your search progress.

rracer5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 02:53 PM   #3

RV Furniture

Check out an on-line company called Rec-Pro. They have a "Charles" Collection of sofas that has a 65" Hide-a-Bed (and many other sizes). They are made in China , just like everything else is. We bought a 67" Theatre Seating from them two years ago. I will say it has held up very well. Most of the Reviews for them have been good to excellent. Heck, the truth be known, they probably make the "Thomas Payne" collection for Lippert Industries. (But a better price) I paid $900.00 for my seating. Camping World wanted $1700.00 for the same thing from Thomas Payne.
Liteman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 02:59 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liteman View Post
Check out an on-line company called Rec-Pro. They have a "Charles" Collection of sofas that has a 65" Hide-a-Bed (and many other sizes). They are made in China , just like everything else is. We bought a 67" Theatre Seating from them two years ago. I will say it has held up very well. Most of the Reviews for them have been good to excellent. Heck, the truth be known, they probably make the "Thomas Payne" collection for Lippert Industries. (But a better price) I paid $900.00 for my seating. Camping World wanted $1700.00 for the same thing from Thomas Payne.
Yea I have seen the Rec-Pro sofa's and the price is appealing, how was the mattress that it came with? I ask because we have guests every now & then and I want it to be comfortable. The reason I was looking for a tri-fold is that there's no mattress per say the sofa is the mattress once you fold it out they are much more comfortable.
Old 08-17-2018, 03:16 PM   #5
clr

We had the same problem with our theater seating in our 2015 Prime Time Sanibel. We replaced our theater seating made by Lane furniture with the RecPro Charles line theater seating and are very happy with them. I was told that Prime Time dropped the Lane furniture line because of problems to bad to hear that the replacement was not any better.
2015 Prime Time Sanibel 3601
clr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 04:23 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by clr View Post
We had the same problem with our theater seating in our 2015 Prime Time Sanibel. We replaced our theater seating made by Lane furniture with the RecPro Charles line theater seating and are very happy with them. I was told that Prime Time dropped the Lane furniture line because of problems to bad to hear that the replacement was not any better.

In addition to above, we also replaced our 2 rocker/recliners with a Bassett power reclining theater seat set. At 72" it fit perfectly in the large dinette slide between the wall and the dinette set w/ room to spare for the dinette chairs to be utilized.
rracer5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 08:08 AM   #7

Think we will go with the Rec-Pro seems to be the most cost-effective solution.

So far in three years, we have had to replace the mattress, reupholster the booth side panels (did this myself), install memory foam toppers on the kid's bunks, and now the sofa. Guess we use our RV beyond normal or do they all use low-end vinyl?

Pic of the sofa what do you all think?
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	s-l1600 (3).jpg
Views:	53
Size:	218.9 KB
ID:	183691  
Old 08-23-2018, 07:22 PM   #8

Well I installed the new Rec Pro sofa today so much better than the junk PT installs. The mattress, however, is super flimsy so I used the memory foam one I had cut down on the old sofa, and it fit like a glove, this is the only down side.

Fits just like the stock one did glad I did not order a large one because it wouldn’t have fit. So, if you have a 67inch space install a 65inch sofa.

Price on the Rec Pro website was $819 plus $75 for residential shipping for a total of $894.00 and FL tax of $62.65 for a total of $957.60
Then I looked on eBay, and Rec Pro sells the same Rec Pro Charles 65" RV Sleeper Sofa w/ Hide A Bed for $839.95 plus Free S&H, no tax! Plus I earned $8.40 in eBay bucks that I can use for a future purchase just for making the eBay purchase so the total cost of the new sofa was $831.55, not a bad deal.

I am impressed with the quality it's far superior in every way. Also, I did not go with the dark brown because there’s just way too much inside the RV it's brown, brown & browner its a bit much the sofa breaks up the space now.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_2689.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	356.4 KB
ID:	184143  

Tags
crusader