Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-28-2013, 09:38 AM   #21
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey dad View Post
I'll have to watch out in the master bedroom a bit when I'm up on the 'step', especially for that antenna knob (bad spot to put it, blasted my head on that d@mn thing ).

Cheers!
Congrats on the purchase! I have to laugh about the ill-placed antenna knob. My Sabre has a poorly placed light that I've met a few more times than I'd like to admit! Hopefully FR reads these threads and considers moving them 6" to be over the edge of the bed vs. right in the middle of the aisles! :-)
Old 01-28-2013, 09:32 PM   #22

Thanks for the congrats! And, I do hope Prime Time and the other manufacturers read these little comments (and spend some time in their coaches) to understand how critical the placement of some of these items really is. I'm sure after I leave some skin & the few remaining hairs off the top of my head on the antenna knob, I'll remember to duck!! But, it seems like it should be obvious to their engineers that the location of low-hanging objects should be taken into consideration .

Now, just waiting for delivery and the really, really, really long wait for warm weather so we can take the new glamper (err, camper) out for some fun! We were laughing at ourselves for buying a camper with 3 TV's, a fireplace, and a fridge both inside and outside! Thinking of the days B.K. (Before Kids) when we'd spend 10 days backpacking across Isle Royale, and laugh at the people with their giant RV's - now, we ARE those people!!!

Cheers!
hockey dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 09:38 PM   #23
Always Learning

I never backpacked- only car camped, but I was definitely snobbish towards those who would "take their houses into the woods", but here we are!

But so true! Our camper has nicer TVs than my house!