BTW, found some more (& better) pictures this morning: linky

Old 01-10-2013, 11:01 AM   #12
DnD
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey dad View Post
Thanks RV Guy - appreciate the help!

BTW, found some more (& better) pictures this morning: linky

That's a really nice unit! If you actually get away with making the pantry a pole locker ... even better!

My crystal ball says you'll be ordering one this weekend!

TV: 2012 Ram 3500 Laramie CC LB 4x4 DRW
RV: 2013 Crusader 325RES Touring Edition
Days Camped: 2012 (3) 2013 (22)
Next Trip: Mission Bay, CA 6/6 - 6/9
DnD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 09:08 PM   #13

So, just to follow up on previous posts... checked out a 360 Crusader Saturday, awesome but just as I expected - bigger than I want to go. At nearly 41 feet long, and with both rear slides and the outdoor kitchen open we'd need a very wide and long site to fit this beast in to. Again, great camper though! Also spent some time in a 290 Crusader bedroom to check out the headroom/space - overall, I was actually pretty impressed. I thought it would be tight, but wasn't bad - and, the overall space was actually better than some of the bed slide units I looked at. So, right now we are 98% sold on a 335BHS - just waiting for one to show up at our dealer in the next couple of weeks or so.

Couple of things for RV Guy and anyone interested --- the new bunkhouse couch is very comfy, but one thing I'll miss from the old sleep-n-play is the cupholders! Gotta have a place for the kids to put their drinks. Speaking of kids, I would like to see all the switches/controls (not the lights) put in one covered location like the way they are on the 325RES. Looking at pictures online of the 335, I see the water heater controls are on the bathroom sink vanity - right at eye level for my curious 4 year old! I can hear it now - Look Daddy, I can run the slides in an out!!! Or, burn out the electric element in the water heater....

Also, RV Guy, are the two gray tanks plumbed together (connected) or are they completely separate? Just thinking ahead as I'm booking a week long trip at a site with electric only and wondering how long I'll be able to go on the gray tanks...

Anyway, at this point I'm confident we'll end up with a 335 - just want to see one in person before we decide for sure.

Cheers!!!
Old 01-15-2013, 08:07 PM   #14
DnD
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Looks like I need to replace my crystal ball with a magic 8-ball huh?

Old 01-15-2013, 09:25 PM   #15

Quote:
Looks like I need to replace my crystal ball with a magic 8-ball huh?
Yeah, thanks DnD - you have no idea... Actually put a deposit on one today! Now, what does your magic 8-ball say about the wife remembering her approval (err, not saying no) to using the pantry for fishing gear?!??!?!?!

Now, getting ready to order a hitch - Pullrite Superglide 15k.... Supposedly a slider isn't required with the Crusader front cap and a short bed truck, but I plan on carrying fishing kayaks on the roof of the truck, so hopefully the slider will give me that little bit of extra clearance just in case.

Cheers!
Old 01-15-2013, 10:13 PM   #16
DnD
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Congrats!

So my crystal ball was only a few days off

hmmmm Pantry ... I think we both know the answer to that one!! LMAO

Best way to find out is stow all your gear without her seeing it and see what she does when she discovers it. Based on what you have said so far it's better to beg for forgiveness after the fact! She really didn't say "no" when you asked her after all. "How was I supposed to know honey???"

Good luck with that!!!

Old 01-16-2013, 10:44 AM   #17
Commercial Member

All 3 tanks on the 335 have separate dump valves so they are NOT plumbed together.

Sorry for the delay in responding.

PTM
Old 01-16-2013, 01:10 PM   #18

Thanks RV Guy - that's a bit of a bummer, was really hoping they were tied together. I see a potential modification in the future!

Cheers!
Old 01-27-2013, 09:18 PM   #19

Thumbs up

Update... we went to a show this morning and got to spend some time in a 335BHS Touring Edition - and bought one! The layout is great, tons of storage, a lot of floor space in the living area, the pantry is huge, kids loved the bunkroom, the Lane furniture is great - loved it! I'll have to watch out in the master bedroom a bit when I'm up on the 'step', especially for that antenna knob (bad spot to put it, blasted my head on that d@mn thing ).

Installed the hitch over the weekend - Pullrite Superglide 15k ISR and Reese custom rails. Took me about 3 hours, a bit nerve-racking drilling holes in your truck though - especially when it's 15 degrees in the garage!

We'll take delivery in the next couple of weeks, then put it in storage until things thaw out.....

Cheers!
Old 01-27-2013, 11:04 PM   #20
DnD
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Congrats! I am glad you got a deal you are happy with.