Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-23-2015, 10:50 AM   #1

Crusader windows

Does anyone know if the screens on the windows can be removed, for cleaning? Also who makes them? I love the dark tint on the windows. I have one window I can't open, stuck, missed this on my first year break in. The unit is a 2013 295RST TE, and luv'n it!

2012 Ram 2500 Hemi
2013 PT Crusader 295RST TE
GeoArm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 07:53 AM   #2

The screens should be removable. They have "spring tabs" in the track that they slide on, just lift up (or left or right if they're vertical Windows) and pull screen out. Reinstall the same way.
rracer5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 05:31 PM   #3

Yes the screens do come out I just pulled all of mine and cleaned all windows. Some of them can be a PITA!! First pull the screen up a few inches to clear the bottom curve of the frame. Second push the screen to the right to depress the spring loaded retainers (mine were all to the right) as you are pushing to the right and depressing the spring retainer pull the left side of the screen out of the frame. Sometimes you have to use a little more force then you want too. To put them back in insert the spring retainer side of the screen first and push to depress the spring and insert the opposite side of the screen into the frame. Once the screen is in the frame push the screen down into the curved part of the frame. In regards to the widow you can't open I had several which where hard to open. When i had the screens removed I cleaned the widows and used a dry silicone spray on the frame which the window sides in. I used a lot of silicone and operated the windows up and down or side to side several times until the window operated much better then before. My window frames had a lot of dirt in them from setting on the dealers gravel lot. Hope this helps.
KEG_75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 10:14 AM   #4

Wow! What a pita!!, I removed 1 screen, and now fighting to get it back in. Thank you for the detailed instructions, as I would not have used as much force as I had to remove the screen. The reason for all this is exactly what you did, clean all the chanel out. Welp, back to trying to get the darn thing back in! Thank you.

2012 Ram 2500 Hemi
2013 PT Crusader 295RST TE
GeoArm is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
crusader