Old 04-07-2014, 09:27 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by davel1971 View Post
you'll learn way more and get more accurate information on here than from what you get from some no-talent, doesn't get paid enough to care PDI tech

Yep..this forum has been a lifesaver to me so far..went through this exact same dewinterizing ordeal over the weekend...tech had told me I was good to go...turns out not the case..got quick responses from this forum ...on the positive side..didn't really find any issues with our Flagstaff

Old 04-08-2014, 06:05 AM   #12

Agree with all. As a first time buyer, I guess I didn't know all that I didn't know and needed to ask during the PDI. I suppose the dealer assumed they would do the de-winterize since they winterized it. To their credit, a service manager walked me thru the procedure in about 5 minutes on the phone.

The "owners manual" that came with my unit has proven to be of little use since it is so generic. I have gleaned more useful information from the stack of documents from the various component suppliers. Maybe PrimeTime could take note of the owners manuals that come with a car. My truck is very high tech (F150 Platinum) and the owner manual has not let me down, yet.

At the end of the day, I learned several things about my camper and everything worked out. Thanks for the help.

Old 04-09-2014, 07:07 PM   #13

One more step I've learned is to leave the water heater bypassed until you run some fresh water through the system so you don't get any antifreeze in the water heater.
Old 04-11-2014, 05:49 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by NATURE View Post
One more step I've learned is to leave the water heater bypassed until you run some fresh water through the system so you don't get any antifreeze in the water heater.
I did that accidentally while filling my system and flushing it out, first time user here. I heard water and walked around back to see it open.

My only question is what is the simple process to fill the hot water tank and get it running? Do I just hit the switch inside the trailer and run the water for a bit? Wait 15 minutes and check it?
Old 04-11-2014, 06:19 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernVandal View Post
I did that accidentally while filling my system and flushing it out, first time user here. I heard water and walked around back to see it open.

My only question is what is the simple process to fill the hot water tank and get it running? Do I just hit the switch inside the trailer and run the water for a bit? Wait 15 minutes and check it?
Install the drain plug or anode rod.

Open the pressure relief valve and fill with water till it comes out the relief valve to purge the air out before you turn it on.
(you may want to get rid of the air in the pipes as well at this time)

After the air is cleared and water runs smooth shut off the faucet and fire it up.
Old 04-11-2014, 11:32 PM   #16

I'm about to go through this process soon, this is some great info. I'm a first timer and my PDI was like 20 minutes when I picked it up last year.

Tags
winter, winterize