Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-26-2011, 10:21 PM   #1

Delamination on a Lacrosse?

Any Lacrosse owners have any signs of delamination on their units? I have a 2011 296BHS that the front is worrying me a bit. The graphics are looking bubbled and right above the exterior light on the right front of the trailer is a small raised area about the diameter of a quarter that looks like bubble. I've never owned a TT before and not sure what the first warning signs are.
phone man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 10:59 PM   #2

It would help if you posted some pics.
I haven't read of any delam problems with any PT trailer. Not saying that PT owner's haven't experienced delam, just I haven't heard of it.
grhodes50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 11:56 PM   #3

I just bought a 2011 Prime Time Tracer 3150 BH and just noticed the same thing. The front cap has very small bubbles and under the graphics there are some bubbles and several large raised ridges. I was actually going to start a new thread in this and saw yours. We just noticed this, anyone have any idea what might be causing this?
airmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 01:16 AM   #4

go to top of page and click on forums. scroll down to 5th wheels ,travel trailers. you will see list of all of forest rivers trailer brands.then click primetime and put this ? there .the vice presidant of primetime scans this site. he has already responded to me twice on ?'s i had in the last 2 days
mb2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 03:01 AM   #5
Commercial Member

air and phone - please contact our customer service department on your concerns. You won't be able to submit pictures with the original contact to us, but we will get with you later today and then we can start exchanging some photos to see what we are dealing with. Here's the link:

Prime Time Manufacturing, Manufacturers of travel trailers and fifth wheels

PTM
RV Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 10:13 PM   #6

I will do that, thanks so much for your reply...
airmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 08:43 PM   #7

I have the exact same year/model with the same problem under the front decal. Please let us know what you find out.
scslack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 11:09 PM   #8

phone man, some pictures would be really good so others know what to look for.
crocus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 03:21 PM   #9

Any updates on this from those of you with suspected delamination?
bobbyg123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 03:04 PM   #10

My Lacrosse 318 Bhs Is having the same issue, and Dealer that I have purchased it from has been dealing with prime time manufacturing since Oct 2011, this is obviously a manufacture defect that they are not willing to admit it. I could show you right where it is coming from if they would just respond. mcourtright@insight.rr.com
geterdone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 07:35 PM   #11

For those of you having the problem, do you have the filon or the optiplan high gloss fiberglass? Is it water intrusion or glue failure?
Old 04-10-2014, 01:15 PM   #12

We have a 2012 Lacrosse 318 BHS and just noticed on our couch slideout under the window on the exterior there is a BIG bubble in the fiberglass. We can push it in and it will stick for a minute and look fine, but it pops right back into a bubble. Love the RV but very disappointed right now since we have a big summer planned with it. Any suggestions is appreciated. Thanks
The Underwoods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 01:32 PM   #13

suggestion

I recommend that you first fix the leak.....take the frame off and the window out. Then replace the butyl tape and put the window back in ....caulk with silicon .... replace the frame......then let the delam area dry. It will not hurt anything in that location except the appearance.....Then I would talk to a boat guy about the repair. The repair will be different depending on whether you have the filon or the polydet optiplan hg. Good Luck. Which do you have?....If it is a touring edition it is optiplan for sure....
Old 04-10-2014, 05:25 PM   #14

Contact PT
Old 04-10-2014, 10:25 PM   #15
Site Team

Sorry to hear about the delam.
Please post some pics when you can

Zelda the campin dog
Platokidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 08:41 PM   #16

Not a Happy Camper!! 2012 LaCrosse 318BHS Problem with "Delamination" I was told to call PT customer service to see what they would say. And their reply was "There is nothing we can do about this because you are out of warranty" And only 1 year out of warranty that is! Well what really irritates me is this is something that we had no control over. The bubble is right under the "emergency escape window" that has never been opened!! and this RV is only 2 yrs old and we've only taken it camping less than 10 times and are already having these problems.. Whats next? I also called my dealer to see what they said and their reply was the same as PT's. They told me to take it to a fiberglass shop and get them to cut out the bubble and fix it.. but then I would have to buy another graphics for that side because the bubble is in the middle of the graphics. I just believe that as much as we pay for these RV's they should last a little longer than 2 years before we start having major problems like this!! If anyone else has had these problems or any other suggestions please let me know. Thanks and if you would like to email cynlyn070262@aol.com
The Underwoods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 04:17 PM   #17

fiberglass problems

my hubby and I have owned 2 fiberglass skinned campers previously (made by other companies) and had the same problem, so when we began looking for a new one we only looked at the ones with the aluminum siding. we now have a 201 avenger and love it. no worries about the delamination now, no leaks at all.we have owned4 campers, 2 being fiberglass and both of those we had water damage the others we did not.
ValMelton is offline   Reply With Quote