Old 10-13-2015, 06:30 PM   #11
Cover issues ????

Originally Posted by yankeeslover View Post
2014 Tracer 2670... im seasonal camper up in the Adirondacks in NY. I no longer have a truck and a way to pull camper so I leave it up to my seasonal campground this winter. It is parked under a bunch of trees and im afraid that the roof is gonna take a beating with falling sticks/twigs... since this is my first year leaving it up there i decided to buy an ADCO cover.. I purchased the heavy one made for heavy wind..
I installed the cover yesterday.cover seemed way big for camper.. I measured the camper like they said... anyways i have cover on and strapped all nice and snug... I have now been reading horror stories on these covers wearing holes in the rubber roof.. Problem is, campground is 2 plus hours from me and is now closed...
Has anyone else used a winter cover? we get tons of snow and ice up here.... Should i purchase some eternabond tape for this spring just in case there are holes in the rubber? or is this just a case that 1 person out of many had an issue just like most other things on the internet? im not sure i can get back up to the campground to remove the cover.. and not sure i want my roof pounded by sticks all winter long... I put the cover on so the cover takes the brunt of the ice/sticks...but now im alittle worried...thanks..
I also live in NY and have been a seasonal for over 15 yrs and have been a camper for now over 25 yrs and have used adco covers for that hole time. I have NEVER had any type of issue with it doing any type of damage to any of my coaches, from a pop-up to the 39 ft 5th wheel i own now. I just ordered a new cover and should have it this week, will be closing our coach this weekend and will be covering it like i have for over 20 yrs and it will be just as i left it in the spring and as is when i cover it in the fall. I do not understand anyone saying it did damage to their rubber roof, all of my 5th wheels have rubber roofs (sorry to say) and not a one of them have been damaged. If you read most any article about winterizing your rig they will tell you to cover it to "Preserve it" and if all these covers did some kind of damage that people claim they would be out of business by now!

So you did the right thing you like i are just sorry the season is over enjoy your winter and pray for a early spring to get going again.
Happy Camping

2010 Cedar Creek Silverback 35ts
2001 GMC 2500HD w/ Allison & 8.1
silverback 35ts is offline   Reply With Quote