Old 11-04-2012, 07:57 PM   #1
Send a message via Yahoo to JoeyO
Did it twice

Well a few weeks ago I used the internal pump to suck antifreeze into the pex lines. This is my first winter prep, it was simple enough, but i also purchased one of the air hose adapters when I first got the TT, and you can use this with your City Water inlet to blow out the water lines.

So being the nut that I am and knowing that nothing in the lines would be another option to antifreeze, and having two other projects I needed to address before putting Applejack to sleep for the winter, I decided to bring her home one last time.

I blew out the lines and the water tank, I might have gotten some of the antifreeze in there when I did it though so I will likely have to flush it out good in the Spring. But overall, it was easier than sucking the anti-freeze into the lines, as I had a little more control. I trew antifreeze down the drains and into the toilet. I also made certain to run the outside kitchen sink, outside shower and the low point drains. The fresh water drain was empty, but i thuoght I would get air shooting out if I had the compressor hooked up, but instead, I got nothing.

How can I blow out the fresh water drain? Its empty, but I wasn't exactly sure how to get at it.

2003 Maxima GLE
2010 370z Convertible 6 Stick
2011 Expedition 5.4L 4x4 Limited
2012 Tracer 3150BHD Touring Edition
Semper Fi
JoeyO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 09:49 PM   #2
My freshwater tank has a single drain line that has a blue cap on it. It is a simple gravity drain and chances are that the tank cannot be completely drained because the fitting is on the side of the tank, not on the bottom.
The other drains are in pairs, one red cap for the hot line and a blue cap for the cold line.
There is a check valve at the pump which prevents water from the city connection from entering the tank under pressure.
Does that help?

FOR SALE 2014 BOSS 6.2L F350
2012 Surveyor SV264
NW Oregon
Twisty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 06:50 AM   #3
The fresh water tank has a vent on it, so you can't buiild up any pressure and blow out the drain unless you can plug the vent somehow--- but if you darin it and leave the drain vale open--- you should have no problem-- if there is any residual water left anywhere it won't be enough to do any damage.
Rod & Linda Johnson
Cedar, Minnesota
2006 F-250 SD 4x4 6.0
2012 Columbus 320RS
K-9's Lucy & Lizzie
Enjoying Life 1 Campground at a time
hotrodj125 is offline   Reply With Quote