Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-24-2012, 08:37 AM   #1

Dinette Table

My wife and I have taken a couple of trips in our new 3150 BHD. We love it. However, she has complained to me several times about the dinette table in the U-Shaped dinette area. She says that every time she gets in, she hits her knees and bangs/scrapes them up. I can barely fit in the sides to scoot around the back. She keeps asking me if we can buy a different style of table. I have no idea where to buy one. Any suggestions?
jcoff2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 12:27 PM   #2

I won't even sit at ours!

Dwayne
dapersico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 12:41 PM   #3
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcoff2003 View Post
My wife and I have taken a couple of trips in our new 3150 BHD. We love it. However, she has complained to me several times about the dinette table in the U-Shaped dinette area. She says that every time she gets in, she hits her knees and bangs/scrapes them up. I can barely fit in the sides to scoot around the back. She keeps asking me if we can buy a different style of table. I have no idea where to buy one. Any suggestions?
Took the booth and table out of our 08 Flagstaff and bought a small drop leaf table and 2 chairs and put 2 folding chairs under the couch. Much better and more room. We hate booths even if they give you more storage area. They are a pain to get into and the tables are horrible. We love the free standing table and chairs in our 12 Flagstaff 8528RKWS. Plus the chairs all have storage under the seat. Clever idea on someone's part.
Old 07-27-2012, 06:08 PM   #4

Our table wobbled so badly that we no longer use it. We had 4 tv trays at home, and we now use them them when we eat inside. We drop the table and use the booth to lay down on when we watch tv. The table still wobbles and i'm going to build something to replace the table in this capacity. I will then put it on Craigs list and sell it.
Old 07-31-2012, 02:35 PM   #5

I am actually have a friend weld the base of my table to stop the wobbling. I'll let you know how it goes...hopefully that will at least stop it from shaking so much.....

2015 Dodge 2500 Big Horn 4x4 6.4 HEMI
2015 Grand Designs Reflections 323 BHS
Reese 16K Quick Slide with Factory Rail Kit Option
kozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 02:40 PM   #6

They are a bear to get into
SALTY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 03:11 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcoff2003 View Post
Hate booths of any kind, but especially dislike the u-shaped dinette some brainiac thought up! I pity the fool who has to sit in the middle and has to scoot around the entire table to do so. And if the person who is sitting in the middle has to get out? Then everyone has to do so. Our free-standing table and chairs are awesome. It was #2 on my "must have" list. Ask your dealer for options.
trudinator is offline   Reply With Quote