Old 01-28-2014, 09:13 PM   #11
I bought an extra 5 LNB dish and bring 2 boxes (H24) from home. I didn't go with SWM in the camper. DirecTv sent me 2 B-band converters (just make sure you change the settings in your boxes to "multiswitch". My extra dish has 4 output leads so I run 2 coaxes to the TT (pain in the butt sometimes). Aiming my 5 LNB HD dish is another story entirely. Some times I can find all 5 sats in as little as 10 minutes and other times I have played with it for hours to get decent signals due to some obstructions etc. Overkill? Maybe for some but, we are usually parked in one place for up to 2 weeks and my DW doesn't miss any of her favorite shows.

I tried running one coax thru a generic Radio Shack splitter but found that didn't work (something about the 13v or 18v sat. signals not "passing thru" the splitter). However, a specific satellite splitter may work as I've heard they allow the signal to pass thru. I just acquired one and will try it out in the spring.

"PT Crew Members Since 9/2010"
2011 RAM 2500 HD 6.7L CTD Crew
2014 Sanibel 3250
rracer5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 08:21 AM   #12
DTV didnt say a single thing to me other then mention the SD boxes would not work with the genie. When I explained I was OK with that, that was the end of the conversation. The installers even had no issue with hooking up and activating them and then leaving them to the side for me to take to the RV.

As for the inverter, the only annoyance is they have to boot up every time they loose power. So It wont be a big issue other then youll have to wait a few minutes if they loose power between inverter on and off time.

jbrostek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 03:34 PM   #13
Thank you All. Clears up my questions. I Just swapped from cable to direct tv. Two recievers will be the HD H25. Picking up the Winegard auto satellite and running through swm8 when in the camper. I havent even gotten the camper yet, so Itll be a bit before I can confirm my being able to run a new dedicated SAT line to both Bedroom TV's. So for now Ill wait and Ill add the boxes as I need them. Getting excited. Camper has a build end date of 2/11 so should see it by first week of March Latest!!

blkcorvair is offline   Reply With Quote