Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-21-2013, 11:12 AM   #1

DirecTV in Bedroom with Single Receiver

I have a single HR-24 HD DVR in the living room of my 290RLT and it has an RF remote. Since there is really no good place to mount a second receiver in the bedroom or way to wire it. I would like to use the single receiver and repeat the signal to the bedroom TV using the existing coax. The problem is that the new DirecTV receiver does not have a COMPOSITE coax output that I would use to pass both Audio and Video through the existing CABLE coax to the bedroom.

Has anyone figured out how to do this with these new receivers? I have looked at a component to composite converter that may work. Amazon.com: Component to Composite w/Down Scaling: Electronics

Thanks
jwhitacre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 11:16 AM   #2

I looked more closely and the converter I linked to would not work as its output is RCA 3 wire not coax composite. Still looking for solutions.
Old 09-21-2013, 11:24 AM   #3

It looks like this might be what I need: Amazon.com: Philips SWS2103W/17 RF Moduator Video Converter: Electronics
Old 09-21-2013, 12:10 PM   #4

Your receiver does have Composite outputs. You want a modulator output which I agree it doesn't have. The last thing you found will work OK but will not get you HDTV. Another option is to get an HDMI wireless transmitter/receiver, but those are considerably more expensive.
BarryD0706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 03:19 PM   #5

Thanks. Helps when you are googling the correct words.
Old 09-22-2013, 08:05 AM   #6

I use a modulator on my Direct TV receiver to get the signal to the bedroom and switched the remote to RF allowing full control from the bedroom. It works great and although it is not HD it looks good on the small TV I mounted on the wall.

Ddubya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 08:57 AM   #7

I ordered an $8 modulator. I may upgrade to a wireless hdmi at some point. Thanks for the help.

Tags
bed, roo