Old 08-03-2016, 08:38 AM   #171

Not arguing your claim at all. What I am saying is the warranty claims for prime time caps fading have mostly been dealt with well. Pt has a one year warranty yet they have honoured it past 2. 4 probably not. Also bubbling (delamination) has not been a common problem on the pt that I've heard.

2014 295rst champ te
2009 2500hd GMC d/a

Old 08-03-2016, 09:39 AM   #172

discoloration of nose caps

I appreciates your comments. I am learning a lot about gel coat. What I am finding that when you have a darker color nose cap it drawns more hotter temperature from the sun, which we all no, but the gelcoat becomes broken down over a period of time and starts deteriorating due to temperature changing of the material. If this is the case why would they use it on the RV's with darker colors knowing the exposure they would be getting from the sun.

Marilyn

Old 08-03-2016, 09:54 AM   #173
Usually Confused Member

This subject came up today when I was talking to the owner of Apalachee RV (a repair place, not a dealer). He said he was doing about three front cap refurbishments a week for Forest River and other manufacturers. They are very familiar with the problem. Talking to them direct might help get quick answers on exactly what is covered on whichever units. They are located just east of Atlanta.

Vengeance 25V (the Harley needed a home)
emm-dee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 12:00 PM   #174

discoloration front cap

Thank you. I will try to get ahold of them and find out how their getting them covered through Forest River. I live in Louisiana so if I have to go to Georgia that should be fine. Thanks

Marilyn
Old 08-03-2016, 01:24 PM   #175
Usually Confused Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdborne View Post
Thank you. I will try to get ahold of them and find out how their getting them covered through Forest River. I live in Louisiana so if I have to go to Georgia that should be fine. Thanks

Marilyn
Not sure of the process. But, they do set a specific time to start their repairs.

Old 08-03-2016, 02:03 PM   #176

discoloration on front cap

I contacted Apalachee RV and spoke to Mike in the body shop he was very pleasant to talk to. He suggested that I speak with Mike Gearson at 3 way camper they are the persons who refer the work to them for the repairs of the front cap. I spoke to Mike Gearson and he said that most of the work that is being done is covered under the notice that Prime Time will go back 30 months on the trailers for the front cap. He suggested I call Pat Stratton at 574-534-3167. While I was speaking to Mr. Gearson he ran my vin number and I found out that my trailer was manufactured in 2012 not 2013. All the paperwork I have and the certificate of title says the unit is 2013 how can that be. I would assume it is a 2012 fifth wheel.

Marilyn
Old 08-03-2016, 02:27 PM   #177
Usually Confused Member

I'm not sure of the various model year changeover dates for your unit. However, mine was sold and titled as a 2016 model, but the build date is March, 2015.

Old 08-03-2016, 03:05 PM   #178

This is going to be my last post on this thread. I donít know why you keep mentioning Prime Time. If you bought a Buick and had problems would you expect the Cadillac division to repair your car under warranty? Thatís what youíre trying to do with your RV. You need to contact Blue Ridge as I already said in my previous post. Using the right channels will be the key to having any chance of getting help. You might have a shot at getting some help from Blue Ridge, I can almost guarantee Prime Time isnít going to help. By the way, front cap fade has been an industry wide problem, not just with the Forest River and its subsidiaries.

FYI, the vast majority of RV manufacturers begin building models for the following year in March. In other words, an RV built in March of 2012 will almost always be a 2013 model and titled that way.

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
2010 Ford F250 XL Crew Cab 6.4 liter diesel
ATU Local 788
Oakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 03:21 PM   #179

that is a common problem if you leave your RV out in the sun all of the time. Mine is inside except when camping
40 Gal TransferFlow fuel tank
Amateur Radio W5CI AR-0043-29 2016 Days Camping 50
2017 Days Camping 8
W5CI is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 04:44 PM   #180

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakman View Post
This is going to be my last post on this thread. I donít know why you keep mentioning Prime Time. If you bought a Buick and had problems would you expect the Cadillac division to repair your car under warranty? Thatís what youíre trying to do with your RV. You need to contact Blue Ridge as I already said in my previous post. Using the right channels will be the key to having any chance of getting help. You might have a shot at getting some help from Blue Ridge, I can almost guarantee Prime Time isnít going to help. By the way, front cap fade has been an industry wide problem, not just with the Forest River and its subsidiaries.

FYI, the vast majority of RV manufacturers begin building models for the following year in March. In other words, an RV built in March of 2012 will almost always be a 2013 model and titled that way.
X2

rracer5 is offline   Reply With Quote