Old 01-21-2015, 10:23 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMattox View Post
My Sterling is in the shop right now waiting for an answer from FR. I just heard from my service manager and she told me that FR is to let all of their dealers know on Friday how this fading front cap issue is going to be resolved. It was relayed to me that this affects MANY of the front caps out there. Fingers crossed.....
If you find anything out MMattox please come back and let everyone know. As you said, it affect many of the forum users. My wife's cousin owns a Sterling with front cap issues and has gotten no where with the dealer.

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
2010 Ford F250 XL Crew Cab 6.4 liter diesel
ATU Local 788
Oakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 12:18 PM   #32

I think that a “Auto Body Wrap” would be the way to go. Just have the nose wraped. I would get rid of the manufactures name! My feelings are, if they don’t want to pay for it, I’m not advertising for them. There are a lot of nice graphics out there.
My nose decal is all cracked ( the large Crusader name ). Primetime told me a year ago, they will not replace it. I have had people come up to me and say “ nice trailer, what’s up with the decal”. If Primetime likes that kind of advertisement, that’s fine with me. I plan on selling soon, and getting into a Grand Design.

Crusader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 09:48 AM   #33

Has anyone tried a product called Vivilon on the issue.

I do not have fade...yet...I doubt based on research a better gel coat is being used on the 2015 models but I could be wrong. Like to be prepared if it starts.

Pictures of How to Restore Like New Color & Shine to Faded Fiberglass Gelcoat
X96mnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 11:07 PM   #34

Here is my dealers response. I bought the second year warranty and feel that this is a manufacture defect and should be covered 100% I have replied to them asking for them to contact FR again and ask for reconsideration that I have the warranty. This "offer" would seem more appropriate if I was 6 months out of warranty and wanting them to fix it. Now I have to weigh my options......What is everyones thoughts on this? I have seen that there are people here that have had theirs fixed.....don't know what to do

Mike-

I finally heard back from Forest River about fading caps.

There are two options for you to choose from.

Option 1: Forest River will contribute $500 for the front cap to be sanded, buffed & clear coated and you will have to pay the different.
Option 2: Forest River will contribute $900 for the front cap to be repainted & new decals to be installed and you would have to pay the difference.

Let me know what your thoughts are on this.

Monique Webber | Service Advisor
Phone 888-413-1112 ext 1730
monique.webber@poulsborv.com
506 Jacks Lane Mount Vernon, WA | 98273
Everett | Kent | Mt. Vernon | Auburn | Fife

www.poulsborv.com

MMattox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 05:15 AM   #35

I would choose option 2 and get a quote on how much it would actually cost to have it repainted and new decals applied. If the quote exceeds the $900 I would contact the Wildcat Warranty department directly. Let them know you are still covered by the second year warranty and request full reimbursement for the work. Anything less than 100% reimbursement would be unsatisfactory in my opinion.

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
2010 Ford F250 XL Crew Cab 6.4 liter diesel
ATU Local 788
Oakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 03:02 PM   #36

My 295RST front cap is extremely faded well within the first 12 months but I can only add it to a very long list of other problems.
Primetime workmanship is very poor and quality control even poorer.
Roger Stickel whom others have praised has been no help at all and will use any excuse to avoid Primetime's warranty responsibilities.

Not a happy camper.
Old 02-11-2015, 03:39 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samaka View Post
My 295RST front cap is extremely faded well within the first 12 months but I can only add it to a very long list of other problems.
Primetime workmanship is very poor and quality control even poorer.
Roger Stickel whom others have praised has been no help at all and will use any excuse to avoid Primetime's warranty responsibilities.

Not a happy camper.
I have the same thoughts of Roger. That is Primetimes logo up there ( big as life ). You would think, that they would want it to stand proud !!
Quick story…… I went to a RV show last week-end. Bumped into a salesman ( I have known for years ) for a local, large, nation wide dealer. I asked him this … Do you feel the quality has gone down, with the volume of units being produced. He replied ( as he lowered his voice ) “Yes“. He said, they would be able too prep. a unit, from the factory, in about 1.5 hrs. It now takes about 3.0 hrs., because of quality issues.
Crusader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 03:59 PM   #38

Absolutely no excuse for these caps fading. There might be one brand that hasn't had the issue, but that's about it. There needs to be a class action lawsuit against the cap builders. All brands are responsible for this as well. We know as well as they do that they all have cap problems.
Old 02-11-2015, 04:03 PM   #39
Casper

Cap fade 2012 Outback

I had a 2012 Outback that did the same thing..Factory would not do anything about it
Old 02-11-2015, 04:38 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakman View Post
I would choose option 2 and get a quote on how much it would actually cost to have it repainted and new decals applied. If the quote exceeds the $900 I would contact the Wildcat Warranty department directly. Let them know you are still covered by the second year warranty and request full reimbursement for the work. Anything less than 100% reimbursement would be unsatisfactory in my opinion.
x's 2, take that option then after fight it out if any more is required. Decals are cheap and any paint shop would do it for that. What do you think made it fade? Take to an auto shop and ask how much for them to repaint it.

Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
With 4 point leveling system
Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote