Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-19-2015, 11:44 AM   #161

I have had the polar opposite experience. ZERO issue getting any issue dealt with. No problem whatsoever. Fantastic communication from both my dealer and Prime Time directly. I cannot count the number of items I've had repaired outside warranty. Last summer when we had our rig in Indiana they went above and beyond. Then again we try and be easy to deal with ourselves and not come out swinging and give them the chance to help us.

1 Fantastic DW
1 Amazing DD
1 Beagle that will be missed (RIP Zeus)
another_newfie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2015, 08:21 PM   #162

Pt has been amazing with us as well. Most problems can be traced to dealers who don't want to do warranty work.

2014 295rst champ te
2009 2500hd GMC d/a
Old 09-19-2015, 09:48 PM   #163

Quote:
Originally Posted by another_newfie View Post
I have had the polar opposite experience. ZERO issue getting any issue dealt with. No problem whatsoever. Fantastic communication from both my dealer and Prime Time directly. I cannot count the number of items I've had repaired outside warranty. Last summer when we had our rig in Indiana they went above and beyond. Then again we try and be easy to deal with ourselves and not come out swinging and give them the chance to help us.
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishrv View Post
Pt has been amazing with us as well. Most problems can be traced to dealers who don't want to do warranty work.

2014 295rst champ te
2009 2500hd GMC d/a

X2 Both my dealer and PT have been nothing short of stellar. We full time now and are not near my dealer. But, every time I've contacted PT directly for warranty parts, they have sent them to me directly without question.

We also attended the Rally this summer as part of our desire to attend our first rally and had a handful of minor items to be addressed while there and as mentioned, they went above and beyond by fixing things we weren't aware of.

Some may balk at the idea that you have to take your unit all the way to Elkhart to get things fixed but, if you go with the mindset that it is a great vacation and a great time while your issues are addressed then it's a win/win & you're still enjoying your unit with family and new friends.
rracer5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2015, 09:54 AM   #164

Absolutely rracer5. In our case PT actually sent a hot shot and transported it to Indiana for us and we went to pick it up. We stayed in the area for a week and enjoyed a great vacation. The list of items PT dealt with was extensive and in fact they did many additional things that I never even asked for.

I personally believe that they way you act and treat the warranty staff will have a huge impact on how you get treated. Straight up warranty work is one thing, but once that initial warranty expires the guys at PT have a lot of latitude and acting like and a___ won't help your cause.

Don't underestimate the impact of your dealer either. In my case the fact that I have a wonderful dealer I am 100% sure made getting the cap dealt with so much easier.

This issue is not unique to PT and while personally I believe they should be reaching out to owners to have them be on the lookout for it; but at least they will step up to the plate once it is brought to their attention.

1 Fantastic DW
1 Amazing DD
1 Beagle that will be missed (RIP Zeus)
another_newfie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 05:23 PM   #165

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdborne View Post
I have a 2013 Blue Ridge that is having the same problem with not just the fading it is starting to bubble. Prime Time-Forest River denied repairing my unit they said it was too far out of warranty even though mine just started about 6 months ago with the fading and now with the bubbling. I am told it will cost about $3,000 to fix. Forest River knows they had a problem that is why they have issued a recall but will only go back two years and they are only ok it on a case by case according to the dealership. This isn't fair this was their fault for the gel coat to have the problem they should be the one to fix it.

Pardon my ignorance but I don't think Prime Time ever built the Blue Ridge models. It certainly doesn't show up on the Prime Time website.

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
2010 Ford F250 XL Crew Cab 6.4 liter diesel
ATU Local 788
Oakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 07:21 PM   #166

discoloration of Cap

Hello

I was told by Dixie RV to contact Prime Time about the denial on the front cap. According to what I know is that Prime Time manufacturing is a division of Forest River and Berkshire Hathaway. I know our trailer is manufactured by Forest River.
mdborne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 07:39 PM   #167

discoloration of cap

I believe the reason the rep at Dixie Rv said to contact Prime Time was because at the same time our trailer was there they had a Crusader. It was there with the same problem with bubbling on the front cap and their sides. This was a 2016 fifth wheel, so it looks like their still having the problem with the gel coat. The service person said that they had a recall for the gel cap that would only cover trailers up too two years old, and the crusader was within the time frame, so they were paying to have it done.

Marilyn
Old 08-02-2016, 08:50 PM   #168

Quote:
I believe the reason the rep at Dixie Rv said to contact Prime Time was because at the same time our trailer was there they had a Crusader. It was there with the same problem with bubbling on the front cap and their sides. This was a 2016 fifth wheel, so it looks like their still having the problem with the gel coat. The service person said that they had a recall for the gel cap that would only cover trailers up too two years old, and the crusader was within the time frame, so they were paying to have it done.

Marilyn
Your dealer is an idiot for suggesting you contact Prime Time...yes, idiot!

Prime Time is a wholly owned subsidiary of Forest River but they didn’t build or have any input on the build of your fifth wheel. I would use the “contact us” link on the Blue Ridge website for help. Dealing with the correct manufacturer would be a step in the right direction.

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
ATU Local 788
Old 08-02-2016, 09:27 PM   #169

To further refute what your dealer has said - my Primetime crusader had the cap painted under warranty AFTER it was 2 years old. Dealers are about the worst source for warranty info. Contacting pt about a blue ridge issue is truly a waste of time.

2014 295rst champ te
2009 2500hd GMC d/a
Old 08-03-2016, 07:04 AM   #170

discoloration on nose cap

I appreciate your comment. Before I took my fifth wheel to the dealer I had been in contact with Jeff Hood at Forest River. I had sent them pictures of the front of our trailer showing the damage that was taking place. He had told me that they reviewed each case and would decide on a case by case decision if they would re-do the gel coat. We took our RV to the dealership because it had also just had a problem with the slide where it came out while we were on I12. Luckily we were able to make it home. The problem with the slide was that the brackets had never been properly done from the factory. They had never been welded to the track and the top bracket had never been fastened to the floor of the bunkhouse. They covered this repair under warranty but, denied the re-do on the gel coat by saying it was too far out of warranty but, they just covered the slide under warranty. I am glad that you were able to get your trailer done, but now if we get ours done it is going to cost us around $3,000 or more. Why should we have to pay for something that is due too their fault.

Marilyn
Old 08-03-2016, 08:38 AM   #171

Not arguing your claim at all. What I am saying is the warranty claims for prime time caps fading have mostly been dealt with well. Pt has a one year warranty yet they have honoured it past 2. 4 probably not. Also bubbling (delamination) has not been a common problem on the pt that I've heard.

2014 295rst champ te
2009 2500hd GMC d/a
Old 08-03-2016, 09:39 AM   #172

discoloration of nose caps

I appreciates your comments. I am learning a lot about gel coat. What I am finding that when you have a darker color nose cap it drawns more hotter temperature from the sun, which we all no, but the gelcoat becomes broken down over a period of time and starts deteriorating due to temperature changing of the material. If this is the case why would they use it on the RV's with darker colors knowing the exposure they would be getting from the sun.

Marilyn
Old 08-03-2016, 09:54 AM   #173

This subject came up today when I was talking to the owner of Apalachee RV (a repair place, not a dealer). He said he was doing about three front cap refurbishments a week for Forest River and other manufacturers. They are very familiar with the problem. Talking to them direct might help get quick answers on exactly what is covered on whichever units. They are located just east of Atlanta.
Old 08-03-2016, 12:00 PM   #174

discoloration front cap

Thank you. I will try to get ahold of them and find out how their getting them covered through Forest River. I live in Louisiana so if I have to go to Georgia that should be fine. Thanks

Marilyn
Old 08-03-2016, 01:24 PM   #175

Quote:
Thank you. I will try to get ahold of them and find out how their getting them covered through Forest River. I live in Louisiana so if I have to go to Georgia that should be fine. Thanks

Marilyn
Not sure of the process. But, they do set a specific time to start their repairs.
Old 08-03-2016, 02:03 PM   #176

discoloration on front cap

I contacted Apalachee RV and spoke to Mike in the body shop he was very pleasant to talk to. He suggested that I speak with Mike Gearson at 3 way camper they are the persons who refer the work to them for the repairs of the front cap. I spoke to Mike Gearson and he said that most of the work that is being done is covered under the notice that Prime Time will go back 30 months on the trailers for the front cap. He suggested I call Pat Stratton at 574-534-3167. While I was speaking to Mr. Gearson he ran my vin number and I found out that my trailer was manufactured in 2012 not 2013. All the paperwork I have and the certificate of title says the unit is 2013 how can that be. I would assume it is a 2012 fifth wheel.

Marilyn
Old 08-03-2016, 02:27 PM   #177

I'm not sure of the various model year changeover dates for your unit. However, mine was sold and titled as a 2016 model, but the build date is March, 2015.
Old 08-03-2016, 03:05 PM   #178

This is going to be my last post on this thread. I don’t know why you keep mentioning Prime Time. If you bought a Buick and had problems would you expect the Cadillac division to repair your car under warranty? That’s what you’re trying to do with your RV. You need to contact Blue Ridge as I already said in my previous post. Using the right channels will be the key to having any chance of getting help. You might have a shot at getting some help from Blue Ridge, I can almost guarantee Prime Time isn’t going to help. By the way, front cap fade has been an industry wide problem, not just with the Forest River and its subsidiaries.

FYI, the vast majority of RV manufacturers begin building models for the following year in March. In other words, an RV built in March of 2012 will almost always be a 2013 model and titled that way.

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
ATU Local 788
Old 08-03-2016, 03:21 PM   #179

that is a common problem if you leave your RV out in the sun all of the time. Mine is inside except when camping
Amateur Radio W5CI 2019 Days Camping 25
2020 Days Camping 7
W5CI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 04:44 PM   #180

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakman View Post
This is going to be my last post on this thread. I don’t know why you keep mentioning Prime Time. If you bought a Buick and had problems would you expect the Cadillac division to repair your car under warranty? That’s what you’re trying to do with your RV. You need to contact Blue Ridge as I already said in my previous post. Using the right channels will be the key to having any chance of getting help. You might have a shot at getting some help from Blue Ridge, I can almost guarantee Prime Time isn’t going to help. By the way, front cap fade has been an industry wide problem, not just with the Forest River and its subsidiaries.

FYI, the vast majority of RV manufacturers begin building models for the following year in March. In other words, an RV built in March of 2012 will almost always be a 2013 model and titled that way.
X2
rracer5 is offline   Reply With Quote