Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-11-2015, 06:43 PM   #41

From the way it sounds most all the brands are having problems . But if this is the case then a class action along with the manufactures and buyers to the company that has sold this product or made the caps should be held responsible for what has happened . This way who ever is at fault should be dealt with to stop someone becoming rich off the RVing industry . If this can be taken care of by a good paint job then that is what should be done for the consumer . To bad no one has any balls big enough to stand up to what's going on and find who is responsible for the problem . This is how I feel sorry if you don't agree . I some times feel any more that the RV 's have gotten so cheap . We just bought our 2014 CC and i even said to the salesman I wonder how someone could install the outlet in the bathroom in plan view so crooked , I even said that guy must of been cross eyed . I wouldn't want my name on it
14 CC 38CK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 07:17 PM   #42

These caps have been fading for long enough now, that either Primetime and others are knowingly sending these campers out with fading caps and hoping that not too many people notice while they are still under warranty, or they have the dumbest management teams on the planet.
It is a shame that they clearly have no respect for their own brand and are happy to have 1 year old campers out there that look twenty years old and refuse to acknowledge a problem.
My 10 year old white Flagstaff looks newer that my 6 month old Primetime Crusader, and the old Flagstaff doesn't have all of the other faults and issues with poor workmanship that the Crusader has also.
Primetime does a very good job of making a rock look like a diamond, until you get it home and it starts falling apart.
Samaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 09:02 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samaka View Post
These caps have been fading for long enough now, that either Primetime and others are knowingly sending these campers out with fading caps and hoping that not too many people notice while they are still under warranty, or they have the dumbest management teams on the planet.
It is a shame that they clearly have no respect for their own brand and are happy to have 1 year old campers out there that look twenty years old and refuse to acknowledge a problem.
My 10 year old white Flagstaff looks newer that my 6 month old Primetime Crusader, and the old Flagstaff doesn't have all of the other faults and issues with poor workmanship that the Crusader has also.
Primetime does a very good job of making a rock look like a diamond, until you get it home and it starts falling apart.
All of these faded caps are now billboards proclaiming Prime Time quality standards. I'm surprised they are ok with that idea....
Old 02-11-2015, 09:18 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by kohai View Post
All of these faded caps are now billboards proclaiming Prime Time quality standards. I'm surprised they are ok with that idea....

They must be still selling enough of them and are managing to avoid enough warranty claims that they are happy.
Pity the same can't be said about their customers after the warranty period expires (and during).
Old 02-11-2015, 09:20 PM   #45

Wow, it definitely sounds as though Samaka has had a terrible experience with his 295RST and PT. That's really too bad.

FWIW I've had no issues whatsoever getting PT to come to the plate for warranty issues. In fact my rig is going in for repair of an issue almost a year out of warranty and they are fully covering it.

Perhaps another thread, but what other issues have you had with your rig Samaka? You seem incredibly upset.

1 Fantastic DW
1 Amazing DD
1 Beagle that will be missed (RIP Zeus)
another_newfie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 09:53 PM   #46

You are probably correct about needing another thread but I will try and be brief explaining my unique situation. Firstly, the issues:
Front cap fading.
Kitchen slide has rubbed through the gelcoat on the top corner when closed.
Kitchen sink plumbing leaked and flooded kitchen when first used.
Main slide has worn through the floor vinyl when closed.
Various small internal trims are falling off as the staples pull through the trim.
Had to recaulk around slides to avoid water ingress and future disasters.
Left rear tire is worn on the inside edge so something is out of alignment.
There are hairline cracks in the gelcoat at the corner of the kitchen slide.
The shower enclosure looks like it was installed by a 5 year old.

The unique part is that I imported the unit to Australia and knew that I would be responsible for repairing anything that came up. I am a tradesman and repairing these items doesn't worry me.
What has made me so irritated is that I told Roger Stickel that I would repair all of the issues myself and all I wanted from them was a monetory contribution towards the front cap as they have done for others.
This contribution can be sent online just as easy to Australia as it can to any repairing dealer in the USA but he flatly refused to pay anything. He wouldn't even supply new decals.
Being in Australia he knows I won't realistically be able to force them to cover any problems which is extremely opportunistic and shows how much integrity they have.
For a $500 or $1,000 contribution for the cap repaint I would have been more than happy as I knew what I as getting into importing the camper to oz.
Anyway, my negative posts are their reward for zero customer service shown to me.
Old 02-11-2015, 10:48 PM   #47

Here is a update to my on going saga. FR has told my dealer that they will pay 900 dollars towards sanding, new decals, paint, and clear coat or 500 dollars towards sand, buff, new decals and clear coat. I would be required to pay the difference. I am not going for it. Still waiting for my dealer to work something out. She feels that she can come up with a option that will not cost me anything. don't know the details yet.

Thanks. I am not buying that argument as I waxed that front cap after every trip so I could get the dead bugs off easier.

I would like to come up and get it one day after work don't know if I can do it tonight but should be able to tomorrow.

Sent from my Android phone (
[/URL])

-----Original Message-----
Monique Webber [monique.webber@poulsborv.com]
Received:
Monday, 09 Feb 2015, 8:53AM
To:
Mike Mattox [MMattox@MAYESTESTING.com]
Subject: RE: front caps

Mike-

I am still working on an estimate and trying to get this worked out for you. The main information that I am getting from Forest River is that sun fade is normal and if the coach was buffed and waxed every 6 months, the fade would not be noticeable.

You are more than welcome to come pick her up while I work on this, everything else has been taken care of. Let me know what you would like to do.

MMattox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 04:39 PM   #48
Somewhat right of center

I now have the same problem. The dealership asked for pictures. I sent them and it was approved by the manufacturer to sand, paint and install new decals. We'll see. I did buy a 5 year extended warranty when I purchased it. I'm very happy with my dealer but not at all the quality of my Crusader. All problems have been due to "quality control"
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1805.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	402.2 KB
ID:	69557  
Old 02-12-2015, 04:59 PM   #49
Somewhat right of center

I also did ask if they could leave the "Crusader" off but was told the manufacturer frowns upon that and wants it back on for warranty work. If I keep having problems, I'll take all the identifying decals off myself. I even doctored a pic to see how it would look, I like it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1800 (2).JPG
Views:	149
Size:	347.0 KB
ID:	69558  
Old 02-13-2015, 06:21 AM   #50
Toy-aholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crabbyguy View Post
I now have the same problem. The dealership asked for pictures. I sent them and it was approved by the manufacturer to sand, paint and install new decals. We'll see. I did buy a 5 year extended warranty when I purchased it. I'm very happy with my dealer but not at all the quality of my Crusader. All problems have been due to "quality control"
Are you still under factory war.? Mine was a few mos. out when I noticed the same fade as yours...I too, got an extended war. but didn't think it covered cosmetics.
Old 02-13-2015, 07:45 AM   #51
Somewhat right of center

Quote:
Originally Posted by EXGMTech View Post
Are you still under factory war.? Mine was a few mos. out when I noticed the same fade as yours...I too, got an extended war. but didn't think it covered cosmetics.
I've owned the Crusader exactly 22 months. I need to look at the exact wording of my warranty but here's the email from the dealership:

Prime time agreed to authorizing a repair to your front cap to correct the fading. We’ll need to sand, prep, paint, buff, and polish the cap. In order to complete the repair, we’ll have to order you new decals. I put the parts through to our parts department to order this morning. We’ll give you a call to schedule the service once we receive the decals.

FYI, when I noticed the fading I emailed the dealership. After some back and forth the above email was received 4 days later from the first email stating the problem.
Old 02-13-2015, 08:18 AM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMattox View Post
Here is a update to my on going saga. FR has told my dealer that they will pay 900 dollars towards sanding, new decals, paint, and clear coat or 500 dollars towards sand, buff, new decals and clear coat. I would be required to pay the difference. I am not going for it. Still waiting for my dealer to work something out. She feels that she can come up with a option that will not cost me anything. don't know the details yet.

Thanks. I am not buying that argument as I waxed that front cap after every trip so I could get the dead bugs off easier.

I would like to come up and get it one day after work don't know if I can do it tonight but should be able to tomorrow.

Sent from my Android phone (
[/URL])

-----Original Message-----
Monique Webber [monique.webber@poulsborv.com]
Received:
Monday, 09 Feb 2015, 8:53AM
To:
Mike Mattox [MMattox@MAYESTESTING.com]
Subject: RE: front caps

Mike-

I am still working on an estimate and trying to get this worked out for you. The main information that I am getting from Forest River is that sun fade is normal and if the coach was buffed and waxed every 6 months, the fade would not be noticeable.

You are more than welcome to come pick her up while I work on this, everything else has been taken care of. Let me know what you would like to do.

Glad your dealer is going to take care of you. That is awesome.

You should be all set now.

Vin.

2015 HW296
2006 HW256 (previous pup)
2013 Chevy Tahoe
Equalizer WDH 10000#
vinmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 05:18 PM   #53
Toy-aholic

I wonder if I should call my dealer again....maybe FR has changed their tune since I called last???? That's amazing how different some are being treated than others!
Old 02-13-2015, 05:43 PM   #54

My experiance and observation of many issues customers have, the satisfaction level is based on their dealer. A good one is worth it!
Old 02-13-2015, 05:59 PM   #55

If someone already posted this sorry I'm not going to read all the posts as a detailer of boats, for many years owning my own company full on busy without spending a dime on advertising. Here goes -buy 3M fiberglass cleaner and wax, get a FOAM buffer , wax every 6 months. Ok I'm done
Old 02-14-2015, 03:49 AM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by X96mnn View Post
My experiance and observation of many issues customers have, the satisfaction level is based on their dealer. A good one is worth it!

x2.
Shouldn't be the case but some dealers seem to be able to coax more out of FR for warranty claims.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Old 02-14-2015, 05:14 AM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samaka View Post
x2.
Shouldn't be the case but some dealers seem to be able to coax more out of FR for warranty claims.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
X'3 know that for a fact the bigger volume dealers get more attention then the little guy, My dealer is big here in Virginia, he moves at least they tell me between 75 to 100 units a month. He pretty much get what he wants. The Rockwood Manager knew him by name at Goshen. I had a problem with him (dealer), he said he would call. Well about a month later a got a call from the owner saying that FR called and ask if I would accept his apology for there workmanship and asked me to come back.

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 07:25 AM   #58
Somewhat right of center

Alright, now I'm pissed. My dealer emailed they can no longer able to perform repair to nose cap. I have to contact Prime Time. A small "hitch" in the proceedings they said. Maybe I should call a lawyer too?
Old 03-11-2015, 01:52 PM   #59

i just got a call that they did not paint the front cap. they said that since the oxidation was not that bad that they were able to remove the oxidation, polish and apply some sort of clear coat and that this will stop the oxidation. i suspect that i will be buying a buffer as suggested by Mojo. i think that i would have rather had it painted but at this point i am willing to accept the repair and hope for the best.
MMattox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 04:01 PM   #60
Somewhat right of center

Ok, I've calmed down, made a few calls. To be clear, the work is still approved to be done but from what I can tell, my dealership's bid was to high. Could I insist they do it?...., Sure but Primetime offered a dealership close to my house that can do it and no doubt it'll be cheaper. It's a business, I understand. If I were closer, much closer to the dealership where I purchased it I'd probably insist but 2 hours away versus 30 minutes? I already talked to the dealership who got the job AND the truck body shop that does their work. Everybody seems pretty cool at this point and I made it clear "as long as it's done right". Primetime was very nice and professional and told me to call again if I have any questions or problems. So far so good. I save gas and the hassle of the trip and PT saves a few bucks on labor. We'll see.