Old 08-23-2015, 05:59 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by mud yapster View Post
108 volts is pretty low voltage. That low a voltage can burn up your electric motors, a/C compressor motor, microwave, or anything that runs off it with a motor. That low off voltage causes the motors to over amp heat up and burn up. Just an FYI
We keep a volt meter plugged in all the time for that reason. I go to my generator if park power drops that low. Sounds like a perfect ad for the Hughs Autoformer.

Old 08-23-2015, 07:45 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by mud yapster View Post
108 volts is pretty low voltage. That low a voltage can burn up your electric motors, a/C compressor motor, microwave, or anything that runs off it with a motor. That low off voltage causes the motors to over amp heat up and burn up. Just an FYI
One of many reasons why I have a surge guard on my unit. It has over/under voltage protection. Should voltage drop below 102v or rise above 132v for more than 8 seconds, power to the unit is turn off. It saved us last year when camping in Florida where an old pedestal had excessive low voltage and the surge guard would not allow power to the unit. Management repaired the pedestal. We would of never realized the problem until our electrical and electronics were fried.

The service manual for the RM 1350 states,"The refrigerator is a 120 volt AC, 60 Hz appliance. The proper operating range is 100 to 132 volts. If voltage drops below 100 volts, cooling efficiency will decrease relative to voltage decrease." While low voltage may be sufficient for this refrigerator, it may damage other electrical items, such as AC in the unit as stated in the other postings.

2017 Days camping-171
BBBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 08:08 PM   #13

Had a 1350 in a new Silverback never did work right from the beginning, had to finally get tough to get a new one it took over a year. Camping the last 2 week and the new one worked great. The temp would go up and forget to come down. If you read the direction you are to turn it on between 4 and 10 at night every 48 hours it goes up to defrost. Mine would forget to come down. Watch yours and if it keeps it up take to dealer.
Old 08-26-2015, 06:16 AM   #14

update

sorry for the late reply, been crazy at work.

Before we left to come home on sunday i set the fridge to 5 just to see what happened. I had a chance to run out to the camper yesterday to check on things, and bring up a mini fridge just in case we need it this weekend. When i got there the fridge display said 33, so it seems its not dead yet. We also spoke with a local repair center and their thought was we may have had a partial blockage. So it seems for now, we wait and see. Should the fridge go we are looking at putting in a residential, we never boon dock so running on propane isnt really a requirement for us.

Anyone happen to know the actual depth on the compartment for the fridge?

thanks for the information everyone.
Old 08-26-2015, 07:44 AM   #15
Phat Phrog Stunt Crew

I had the same model in my Lacrosse that worked well. It's a 12 cu.ft. with a lot of space to cool. But if it got warm inside from loading it up with stuff (pop, etc) the recovery time was long. There was hot days that it would take over night to get back to normal.
2015 129 nites
2016 63 nites
elind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 10:17 AM   #16

Our 1350 is set at 3 and display says 34. Thermometer set inside hovers around 40-42 & I have no extra fans running inside or out. However, when the DW is in & out of the fridge preparing meals or if kids are doing the same or loading fresh warm groceries, the temp will go up. It can then take an hour or three or so for the fridge to recover. So, don't worry too much. We full-time and our fridge runs 24/7 for over a year now and we haven't lost anything to defrosting yet.

rracer5 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dometic