Old 06-21-2015, 07:40 PM   #1

Dometic 4 door fridge

Is anyone having a problem with their Dometic 4 door fridge. We had one door replaced because it opened during travel & was dented. Our dealer installed a kit from Dometic this worked for a short while. Again our dealer is replacing the door due to a dent. We now stuff a rag in the doors. Has anyone had the same problem & had it resolved

Old 06-21-2015, 10:19 PM   #2

I have the residential fridge, I use child proof refrigerator latches on the top doors to secure them. The supplied straps don't keep the doors closed when traveling. It may work for your application. Just a suggestion.

Old 06-21-2015, 10:32 PM   #3

Dometic Fridge

Thanks for the info. Our dealer is talking about installing a strap if this is not the permanent fix I don't want them causing any damage.
Old 06-21-2015, 11:04 PM   #4

Fridge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idylours View Post
Is anyone having a problem with their Dometic 4 door fridge. We had one door replaced because it opened during travel & was dented. Our dealer installed a kit from Dometic this worked for a short while. Again our dealer is replacing the door due to a dent. We now stuff a rag in the doors. Has anyone had the same problem & had it resolved
Is this a residential fridge or the propane fridge?
Old 06-22-2015, 10:38 AM   #5

It is a propane fridge
Old 06-22-2015, 12:00 PM   #6

Fridge

Quote:
Originally Posted by wamafi43 View Post
Is this a residential fridge or the propane fridge?
So far we had no problem with door opening during travel, but then we only where out two times, because of hospital stay (that was not planned) hope to get out on August.
If they come up with a solution, please let me know. I also have the propane fridge.
Old 06-22-2015, 04:12 PM   #7

We are full timers so have been on the road quite a bit. Even though our unit is under warranty it seems the dealer is footing the cost of a new door. My argument that's great but Dometic should be coming up with a permanent fix because if our door gets damaged when the warranty expires we are on our own with a problem that's been there since we bought our trailer. The door was dented when we did our PdI on this brand new 5er.
Old 07-03-2015, 11:39 PM   #8

The latches wear out after a while, the plastic looses tension and the hooks don't catch. I usually break the handles before that, it's a pretty poor design. Last year Dometic sent me 4 new handles but I used them up and bought some from Camping World-they were very expensive. I'll have to call Dometic and see if they will send me some more for spares.

ken
Old 07-03-2015, 11:49 PM   #9

Guess I haven't used our fridge enough but ours had been ok and stays closed and it's 33 deg. F in it. Ours kitchen slide closes close to the sink so I'm going to start putting a pillow between it and the fridge doors. Thanks for the heads up.
435AH 12V VMax Charge Tanks, 520 watt Monocrystilline Solar Array, Morningstar MPPT TS-60 CC,Morningstar Remote,Cotek True Sine Wave Inverter,Cotek Remote Controller,50amp Progressive Hardwire Surge Protector
2015 Dodge 3500 6.7L 4X4
2011 CanAm Commander XT 1000
mud yapster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2015, 10:42 AM   #10

Thanks Ken this seems to be a major problem & Dometic do not seem that interested to come up with a fix. We are taking our trailer into Forest River in Nov. we will discuss with them whilst the trailer is being fixed.
Elaine