Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-31-2012, 12:46 PM   #11
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 116
UPDATE!

For giggles I went to the Dometic recall website and entered my fridge info..

This particular fridge is affected by the recall from Dometic. Would this recall keep the fridge from cooling? I am on the phone on hold right now with Dometic waiting for a rep..

Does anyone know anything about the recall and what is replaced?

Thanks!
John
__________________

__________________
2011 Primetime LaCrosse 318BHS Touring Ed
Joined the PT family on 10/2010
2006 Chevrolet 2500HD 4x4 T/V

John
foxhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 01:11 PM   #12
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxhead View Post
UPDATE!

For giggles I went to the Dometic recall website and entered my fridge info..

This particular fridge is affected by the recall from Dometic. Would this recall keep the fridge from cooling? I am on the phone on hold right now with Dometic waiting for a rep..

Does anyone know anything about the recall and what is replaced?

Thanks!
John
Recall does not affect my problem. Dometic was less than helpful. Basically said I could buy a new cooling unit or a new fridge.. They said I had done all the tests and it points to a bad cooling unit..

It's only money right...?

John
__________________

__________________
2011 Primetime LaCrosse 318BHS Touring Ed
Joined the PT family on 10/2010
2006 Chevrolet 2500HD 4x4 T/V

John
foxhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 04:56 PM   #13
Senior Member
 
VinceU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 3,502
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxhead

Recall does not affect my problem. Dometic was less than helpful. Basically said I could buy a new cooling unit or a new fridge.. They said I had done all the tests and it points to a bad cooling unit..

It's only money right...?

John
Yes the big recall was due to fires and units affected had a sheet metal shield installed. In your case had the boiler and absorber both been hot that reflects low on refridge. With absorrber cooler than boiler, that points to blockage. Heat is not being absorbed due to no or low flow. I saw somewhere with older unit they would be removed and upended to dislodge the debris. If you can reach the coils while its firing on gas maybe tapping with a soft mallet you can free the blockage. Otherwise if it sounds like duck, smells like a duck, and looks like a duck, it probably is a blockage as you suggested in Post 1. For a sub to repair it get a quote to buy and install the cooling unif for less than a new refridge. Believe reefer repair foks can do less than RV repair shops.
__________________
VinceU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 06:22 PM   #14
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 37
http://www.gasrefrigeration.net/why%20they%20fail.htm
__________________
Drmstx62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 06:24 PM   #15
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 37
I would suggest that anyone with an rv and has a fridge would check out this website from my previous post.
__________________
Drmstx62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 09:46 PM   #16
Phat Phrog Stunt Crew
 
elind's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Upper Penisula Michigan / Arizona
Posts: 2,481
Is their any codes coming up? My Dometic 1350 shut down twice in our LaCrosse caused by some power issues. My dealer had me reset the circuit board by disconnecting the micro plug for 2 minutes. The board is in the back side under a black box where the glass fuze is located. The micro plug of the circuit board plugs into the back wall. This could help if the controler isn't talking to the refer.
__________________
Ed & Ruthann / Toby and Tucker
2014 GMC Sierra Crewcab 2500 Duramax
2014 Wildcat 327ck
2015 129 nites
2016 63 nites
elind is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 10:04 PM   #17
Senior Member
 
VinceU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 3,502
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drmstx62 View Post
Some of this info is dated and not quite accurate. Looks like an old article that was "updated" but whatever Dometic says is discounted. Just sayin tis better to listen to the issuer of the warranty and accept Internet blogs as secondary advice.
__________________
VinceU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 10:41 AM   #18
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by elind View Post
Is their any codes coming up? My Dometic 1350 shut down twice in our LaCrosse caused by some power issues. My dealer had me reset the circuit board by disconnecting the micro plug for 2 minutes. The board is in the back side under a black box where the glass fuze is located. The micro plug of the circuit board plugs into the back wall. This could help if the controler isn't talking to the refer.
I tried all that, thank you for the ideas.

To update all,

The cooling failed. I am getting a new cooling unit.

Thanks.
John
__________________

__________________
2011 Primetime LaCrosse 318BHS Touring Ed
Joined the PT family on 10/2010
2006 Chevrolet 2500HD 4x4 T/V

John
foxhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
318bhs

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:26 PM.