Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-25-2011, 09:36 AM   #1

Dump Station Spray Wand

OK, first time at the dump station... The dealer we purchased the TT from told us that after dumping, we should hook the hose up to a connection and it would spray the tank from the inside and clean it out. Well, I dumped the tanks, and realized, the connect to hook up to was in the front of the trailer so I had to back up. After I got to where I thought I should be I opened the connection to find a normal hose fitting thread. The problem is, the dump station only had a wand for washing out. I did the best I could with holding the end of the wand up against that connection, but I think more water got on the inside of the connections than in the tank. So my question is, what/how do you clean your tank after dumping when all you have is a wand? Should I have sprayed in my drainpipe? I thought that seemed a bit unsanitary to let stuff just flow out onto the ground and hopefully make it into the drain.

Learning as I go...
Old 07-25-2011, 10:03 AM   #2

I have been known to dismantle hook ups to get the hose to fit. But there have been times that is just doesn't work. Another way if you scope out the hook ups before hand, fill up your water holding tank and use the water hose from your trailer. You need to turn the pump on in the camper - it works in a pinch.
Prime Time Crew Member #31
2012 Lacrosse 318BHS
Luvtocamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 11:38 AM   #3

After dumping I pour about a quart to a half gallon of water in the toilet, put in one of those odor- reducer products....That's it, never have flushed with outside hose.
Old 07-25-2011, 11:58 AM   #4

we have an extra hose used just for type of situation- we just open the bathroom screen and put the hose down the toilet, attach the want to it and spray it till clear. was thr spray wand attached to a water outlet??
gear ratio
momtovn is offline   Reply With Quote