Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-09-2011, 09:08 AM   #21

Found the problem with the electric jack this past weekend while camping. There are pins with jumpers on the inside of the switch and one had come loose. Placed the pin back where it was supposed to be and soldered the jumper into place to hold it. A design flaw in the switch, as the jumpers are just smashed onto the pins and supposed to hold themselves. A little solder on all of them and no more problems.
Notuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 11:54 AM   #22

I also have had the problem with the grey tank handle. Came off in my hand. Looks as if the plastic separated from the threaded part. I guess I can contact Forest Rive but is it something g available in a Campers World? Tracer 230FBS
mdalb20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 03:18 PM   #23

As I recall this is not a new problem to Primetime.Almost a year ago there were some similar issues.Just can't remember which models seemed to be plagued with that problem.

Steve & Sue
2011 Crusader 320RLT
2008 Dodge Ram 3500 (CTD) DRW 4x4
RattVader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 07:42 AM   #24
Commercial Member

Hmmm - this thread has been dormant for a while so some of the process changes we made seemed to have worked. I can also say that we get very few requests for these handles any more from our on-line Customer Service link. So, I THINK we've got this licked but . . . mdalb20 - what model year is your unit?

PTM
RV Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 08:04 AM   #25

RV guy:
Tracer 230fbs
Old 08-27-2012, 09:03 AM   #26
Commercial Member

I'm not sure if that helps or not

Do this if you don't mind - contact our Customer Service dept at this link Prime Time Manufacturing, Manufacturers of travel trailers and fifth wheels and let us send you a couple. Throw some lock-tite on them when you install and you'll be good.

PTM
RV Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 01:58 PM   #27

Thanks RV Guy
I just contacted. I appreciate it.
Old 08-28-2012, 10:29 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by RattVader View Post
As I recall this is not a new problem to Primetime.Almost a year ago there were some similar issues.Just can't remember which models seemed to be plagued with that problem.

on my 318bhs, first trip out BOTH handles pulled right off....at least i still had em to locktite back on!! not a big deal for me, but if those handles had been lost in transit i might have had a real "crappy" issue

that, and neither handle or anywhere on the trailer was it labeled which handle went to which tank...just two black handles under the trailer..

handles fixed...figured out which is black (fyi its the one closest to the rear of the trailer or on the right as your looking at them)
2012 lacrosse 318bhs touring- sold
ironj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 10:49 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironj View Post
...figured out which is black (fyi its the one closest to the rear of the trailer or on the right as your looking at them)
I didn't notice that they weren't marked on the walk through, and it wasn't until in camp on the 1st trip that I discovered it. I could tell by the color/smell which was which when I dumped them, so now I just remember that since I want to 'flush' the black water out with the gray water, that the black water is 'down hill' from the gray (closest to they drain).

And on the handle note, on our previous 5er (a Sprinter) I had several handles vibrate off at different times (they were screwed on pieces of plastic at the end of metal shafts) so I just kept my channel locks in the storage bin close to the valves...a bit of a pain, but it worked.

Steve
calberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 01:12 PM   #30

I'm having the same problem. I got in the habit of checking them. Never thought of using Locktite. I will be doing that before the next trip...
Just an FYI this is not just a prime time issue, it was also an issue on my Cougar and Montana, both Keystone products...

And a little plug for RV Guy, prime time service has been great every time I have needed it. Thanks again for paying attention to us customers..

2015 Dodge 2500 Big Horn 4x4 6.4 HEMI
2015 Grand Designs Reflections 323 BHS
Reese 16K Quick Slide with Factory Rail Kit Option
kozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 01:25 PM   #31

Agreed. RV Guy contacted me and took care of the issue. Excellent customer service!