Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-15-2015, 07:22 PM   #1

DVDs player not working Pendant lights

After almost three weeks out dry camping in our new Crusader 294, we are happy to report it has been operating virtually trouble free. Only issue is our Connex DVD player. We get a No Disc message so cannot use it. Hubs has checked and double checked all connections and cannot find the problem. Anyone have the same issue and a solution?

Also wondering if pendant lighting can be added over island. Hate turning all overheads on when using kitchen area. There is a switch in the box for it.

Thanks all.
sailors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 10:14 AM   #2
cdmorn

DVD Player not working

Yes, we are having the same problem. We just purchased a Crusader 321. We have checked all connections as well. It seems that this player is very outdated. Have switched to a new player with HDMI connection and works with no problems.
Cathy Moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2015, 03:09 PM   #3

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailors View Post
After almost three weeks out dry camping in our new Crusader 294, we are happy to report it has been operating virtually trouble free. Only issue is our Connex DVD player. We get a No Disc message so cannot use it. Hubs has checked and double checked all connections and cannot find the problem. Anyone have the same issue and a solution?

Also wondering if pendant lighting can be added over island. Hate turning all overheads on when using kitchen area. There is a switch in the box for it.

Thanks all.
We just got our new 295RST and love it. I hooked up the DVD etc. this weekend and left the factory DVD player hooked up but it's out dated as u mention. We kept our Blu-Ray and hooked it up to the TV.

My wife and I had the same question re: the pendant lights, or interior lights 2. It would be nice to have another light switch that only operated a couple lights in the kitchen.
DavidAndDonna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2015, 03:21 PM   #4

Adding pendant light

I called Prime Time to ask about adding the pendant light and was told it would be no problem and any Forest River dealership would be authorized to do it Plan to get it done as soon as we have time. Will really help in kitchen.

Happy camping
Old 08-30-2015, 03:23 PM   #5

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailors View Post
I called Prime Time to ask about adding the pendant light and was told it would be no problem and any Forest River dealership would be authorized to do it Plan to get it done as soon as we have time. Will really help in kitchen.

Happy camping
thx for the heads up on the pendant light... have a good one!!
DavidAndDonna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 09:07 PM   #6

My DVD player has never worked since day one. I typically just use my laptops DVD as I have all my audio visuals hookups for that anyways. Oh well..
Old 09-08-2015, 09:16 AM   #7

Have talked to dealer about adding pendant lights and talked to Prime Time again. Trailer not prewired to add that so would have to tap into existing lights so everything would work off one switch, negating my reason for wanting to add the pendant lighting in the first place. Didn't want to mislead you.
Old 09-08-2015, 09:41 AM   #8

Had the same error message on our DVD player although it is a ZX75. Fixed by resetting the software by pressing and holding the power button for five seconds. If it has never worked then possibly there is a shipping screw that is supposed to be removed during installation. Unit would have to be removed to do so.

Be advised I am not familiar with your model so these suggestions may not work.
riversedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 09:44 AM   #9

Have ordered remote controlled led pendant light from Amazon since adding a light would have put all on same switch.
Old 09-14-2015, 07:46 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidAndDonna View Post
We just got our new 295RST and love it. I hooked up the DVD etc. this weekend and left the factory DVD player hooked up but it's out dated as u mention. We kept our Blu-Ray and hooked it up to the TV.

My wife and I had the same question re: the pendant lights, or interior lights 2. It would be nice to have another light switch that only operated a couple lights in the kitchen.
We are putting in LED pendant light ordered from Amazon directly over island area. Easy install and will solve that issue. Light looks great and matches others. Light was $45.00. I have Amazon Prime so no shipping charges.
Old 09-22-2015, 03:56 AM   #11

Link?

2014 295rst champ te
2009 2500hd GMC d/a
Old 10-01-2015, 09:01 PM   #12

Not tech savvy so not sure how to do that but go to Amazon and type in pendant light and it will come up. We are very satisfied. Saved the box and just pull light over to the slide out ledge and rest t in the box when we are traveling.

Bought an updated CD player and it works perfectly. Happy campers.

Tags
dvd, light