Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-15-2015, 08:22 PM   #1
Member
 
sailors's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 41
DVDs player not working Pendant lights

After almost three weeks out dry camping in our new Crusader 294, we are happy to report it has been operating virtually trouble free. Only issue is our Connex DVD player. We get a No Disc message so cannot use it. Hubs has checked and double checked all connections and cannot find the problem. Anyone have the same issue and a solution?

Also wondering if pendant lighting can be added over island. Hate turning all overheads on when using kitchen area. There is a switch in the box for it.

Thanks all.
__________________

__________________
sailors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 11:14 AM   #2
cdmorn
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 1
DVD Player not working

Yes, we are having the same problem. We just purchased a Crusader 321. We have checked all connections as well. It seems that this player is very outdated. Have switched to a new player with HDMI connection and works with no problems.
__________________

__________________
Cathy Moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2015, 04:09 PM   #3
Junior Member
 
DavidAndDonna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 25
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailors View Post
After almost three weeks out dry camping in our new Crusader 294, we are happy to report it has been operating virtually trouble free. Only issue is our Connex DVD player. We get a No Disc message so cannot use it. Hubs has checked and double checked all connections and cannot find the problem. Anyone have the same issue and a solution?

Also wondering if pendant lighting can be added over island. Hate turning all overheads on when using kitchen area. There is a switch in the box for it.

Thanks all.
We just got our new 295RST and love it. I hooked up the DVD etc. this weekend and left the factory DVD player hooked up but it's out dated as u mention. We kept our Blu-Ray and hooked it up to the TV.

My wife and I had the same question re: the pendant lights, or interior lights 2. It would be nice to have another light switch that only operated a couple lights in the kitchen.
__________________
DavidAndDonna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2015, 04:21 PM   #4
Member
 
sailors's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 41
Adding pendant light

I called Prime Time to ask about adding the pendant light and was told it would be no problem and any Forest River dealership would be authorized to do it Plan to get it done as soon as we have time. Will really help in kitchen.

Happy camping
__________________
sailors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2015, 04:23 PM   #5
Junior Member
 
DavidAndDonna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 25
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailors View Post
I called Prime Time to ask about adding the pendant light and was told it would be no problem and any Forest River dealership would be authorized to do it Plan to get it done as soon as we have time. Will really help in kitchen.

Happy camping
thx for the heads up on the pendant light... have a good one!!
__________________
David & Donna
Crusader 295RST
Dodge 3500 Dually 6.7 Cummins
Dodge 3500 6.4 Hemi
DavidAndDonna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 10:07 PM   #6
Junior Member
 
dgiturbo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Woodstock, IL
Posts: 28
My DVD player has never worked since day one. I typically just use my laptops DVD as I have all my audio visuals hookups for that anyways. Oh well..
__________________
2013 Tracer 230FBS - Traded for
2015 Crusader 335BHS Yeah baby..
dgiturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 10:16 AM   #7
Member
 
sailors's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 41
Have talked to dealer about adding pendant lights and talked to Prime Time again. Trailer not prewired to add that so would have to tap into existing lights so everything would work off one switch, negating my reason for wanting to add the pendant lighting in the first place. Didn't want to mislead you.
__________________
sailors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 10:41 AM   #8
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Nova Scotia
Posts: 61
Had the same error message on our DVD player although it is a ZX75. Fixed by resetting the software by pressing and holding the power button for five seconds. If it has never worked then possibly there is a shipping screw that is supposed to be removed during installation. Unit would have to be removed to do so.

Be advised I am not familiar with your model so these suggestions may not work.
__________________
riversedge is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 10:44 AM   #9
Member
 
sailors's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 41
Have ordered remote controlled led pendant light from Amazon since adding a light would have put all on same switch.
__________________
sailors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 08:46 AM   #10
Member
 
sailors's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidAndDonna View Post
We just got our new 295RST and love it. I hooked up the DVD etc. this weekend and left the factory DVD player hooked up but it's out dated as u mention. We kept our Blu-Ray and hooked it up to the TV.

My wife and I had the same question re: the pendant lights, or interior lights 2. It would be nice to have another light switch that only operated a couple lights in the kitchen.
We are putting in LED pendant light ordered from Amazon directly over island area. Easy install and will solve that issue. Light looks great and matches others. Light was $45.00. I have Amazon Prime so no shipping charges.
__________________

__________________
sailors is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
dvd, light

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:24 AM.